V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  13:35:57  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

Trev have you ever stopped to think that people who earn good money got off their arse to improve themselves and work very hard for it. Every person in this country has the opportunity to improve their lot, some do, others don't.
what I see is a whole bunch of people who live outside their means and are expecting the average taxpayer to prop them up, this from the same party who won't help pensioners, won't help the car industry, couldn't give a **** about rural Australia, but they are going to prop up a whole bunch of over-spending yuppies because they can't control their spending - it is a load of **** and no matter what you call it it is 'middle class welfare'

You should get out more. That is one huge generalisation you're making there, the same as saying all people on Centalink payments are doll bludgers, and all Holden are drivers are bogans. I think you are going to be a very bitter and twisted man for at least the next 3 maybe 6 years.

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  14:58:26  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you go back and read my posts you will read that I have been there and done that

Added to that, I have 4 adult children, 3 with mortgages who have learnt to live within their means, the 2 youngest are very much the 'I want it NOW' generation, but even they are being moderate with the spending.

2 of the 4 have children, the eldest has 3, she is a stay at home mum, her husband works as a draugthman for large builder, they are doing what I believe they all should be doing, raising their kids, not paying someone else to do it, I know that side of that story as well, my wife has worked in child are for over 25 years. They have learnt to save and live on one wage, he gets a bit of seasonal work sometimes for stuff for his car. The won't get the PPL, and they survived, my daughter will return to work (she works in insurance) when all the kids are at school.

One of my sons has a 11 month old child, his wife took a year off and is going back to work, my son mentioned the PPL and he is a Labor voter, I told him to not rely on it when planning their next child, I told them to plan for the worst and be happy if it works out better, they also understand the need to be moderate with their spending, credit will only go so far

quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

You should get out more. That is one huge generalisation you're making there, the same as saying all people on Centalink payments are doll bludgers, and all Holden are drivers are bogans. I think you are going to be a very bitter and twisted man for at least the next 3 maybe 6 years.

convince me that most are not living outside their means? what is the average mortgage, AVERAGE mortgage?

Why do both parents need to work? Isn't it better for the children to be raised by the parents? Maybe you think it is OK for some other person to raise kids, I see this side of this every single day in my own house, my wife is a Family Day Care Educator, she looks after other peoples kids in our house and has done since 1986.

Is all this collecting of over-priced goods really going to make them happy, if you go and read Maslows Law you will see what the basics are and they are pretty simple, kids actually don't NEED that much, in fact do we NEED that much or are we just greedy, Maslow will reveal all

My friend, I am not some dumb bogan, I am tertiary qualified and well read, so bring on your arguments

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 10 Sep 2013 15:15:34
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  15:15:42  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

This whole "mandate" thing is a load of ****, now the Liberals are trying to bully the Labor Party to allow them to repeal the Carbon Tax, over 30% of Australians voted for the Labor Party as number 1, that is because those 30% like the Labor Parties policies.

I for one would be really pissed off if the Labor Party roll over on this one, Climate Change being a reality is a core belief within the Labor Party, why should they sell those values down the sink.

The Liberals have been all over the Labor Party for changing this and changing that, now the ****en idiots want them to change - well **** the Liberal Party, they want to repeal the law, then do it, but do it without Labor Party help, just like the Labor Party had to do for the last 3 years

Because Labor's platform for its climate change policy being the carbon tax was achieved by deceiving the public. Gillard told the voters that there would be no carbon tax under a government I lead and what's more she never attained a clear majority at the 2010 election and thus had no mandate to introduce any of her policies. So what we inevitably saw in the last Parliament term was a shambles of a Labor/Greens alliance government.

On the other hand, there is no doubting that the Liberals with the clear majority that they won with on Saturday have a mandate to scrap the carbon tax as you can't deny that the three policy aims of an Abbott government if he got elected was to scrap the mining tax, scrap the carbon tax and stop the boats.

quote:
That idiot George Brandis was trying to bully Tanya Plebisik last night and to her credit she stuck to her policy - good on her

I'm just glad she won't be a minister anymore. She shouldn't of held her tongue as she did about Rudd and she should have said that it was her preference that he exit politics for good.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  15:26:53  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Because Labor's platform for its climate change policy being the carbon tax was achieved by deceiving the public. Gillard told the voters that there would be no carbon tax under a government I lead and what's more she never attained a clear majority at the 2010 election and thus had no mandate to introduce any of her policies. So what we inevitably saw in the last Parliament term was a shambles of a Labor/Greens alliance government.

On the other hand, there is no doubting that the Liberals with the clear majority that they won with on Saturday have a mandate to scrap the carbon tax as you can't deny that the three policy aims of an Abbott government if he got elected was to scrap the mining tax, scrap the carbon tax and stop the

you get a mandate when you have referendum, end of argument, until then 'mandate' is just a passive bully word

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  16:11:27  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

On the other hand, there is no doubting that the Liberals with the clear majority that they won with on Saturday have a mandate to scrap the carbon tax as you can't deny that the three policy aims of an Abbott government if he got elected was to scrap the mining tax, scrap the carbon tax and stop the

you get a mandate when you have referendum, end of argument, until then 'mandate' is just a passive bully word

Wow - so a mandate can only be achieved for the big ticket items such as a change to our Constitution or a change to a republic?

Geez Trev you're a hard man when it comes to respecting what the majority in a democracy want

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  16:15:39  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
30% of voters voted for Labor, their voice needs to be heard as well, otherwise we no longer have a democracy.

'Mandate' is a new fashionable word, it means jack-****

Edited by - Trev on 10 Sep 2013 16:17:33
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  16:18:24  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

30% of voters voted for Labor, their voice needs to be heard as well.

Maybe labor and its supporters might get the message from Abbott calling a double dissolution.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  16:25:07  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

30% of voters voted for Labor, their voice needs to be heard as well, otherwise we no longer have a democracy.

That 30% has been heard - we had an election!
Now that 30% should stop bleating and trying to have another bite at the cherry.
The new government hasn't even been formed yet and everyone's at it!
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  16:28:10  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Maybe labor and its supporters might get the message from Abbott calling a double dissolution.

maybe include a referendum on climate change in it, bring it on

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Now that 30% should stop bleating and trying to have another bite at the cherry.

so what you saying is that Labor should sell out on their core values and just roll over and do what the Liberals say, I think not, I hope they give the Liberals as much as the Liberals gave Labor during the last 3 years, I hope the Labor block the Carbon Tax repeal in the Senate, not doing so would mean they agree with the Liberals, this point is the big ticket item that sperates the 2 parties

Edited by - Trev on 10 Sep 2013 16:37:00
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  16:44:09  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

I don't see how any government would want to waste their money on that especially considering the hurdles that has to be overcome for it to succeed. Besides it's not the mechanism to be used for this sort of change to occur.

quote:
quote:

so what you saying is that Labor should sell out on their core values and just roll over and do what the Liberals say, I think not, I hope they give the Liberals as much as the Liberals gave Labor during the last 3 years, I hope the Labor block the Carbon Tax repeal in the Senate, not doing so would mean they agree with the Liberals, this point is the big ticket item that sperates the 2 parties

The longer they stick up for the carbon tax the longer they will stay in opposition.

Edited by - bundy5 on 10 Sep 2013 16:44:44
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  16:49:47  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I don't see how any government would want to waste their money on that especially considering the hurdles that has to be overcome for it to succeed. Besides it's not the mechanism to be used for this sort of change to occur.
Referendums are not just for the the changing of the Constitution

quote:

The longer they stick up for the carbon tax the longer they will stay in opposition.
we will see

The won't stick up for the Carbon tax, the Carbon Tax was only ever a compromise, they will go the whole hog and stick to the ETS like they should have, except Rudd slimed his way out of it

Edited by - Trev on 10 Sep 2013 16:52:12
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  17:06:28  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
The won't stick up for the Carbon tax, the Carbon Tax was only ever a compromise, they will go the whole hog and stick to the ETS like they should have, except Rudd slimed his way out of it

The 'whole hog' was the carbon tax as the proposed ETS by Rudd, the second time around, was to reduce quite dramatically the price per tonne of carbon emitted the big polluters had to pay.

Edited by - bundy5 on 10 Sep 2013 17:07:36
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  17:09:45  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

The ALP sold out on their core values years ago! The political arm of it is just about jobs for mates.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  17:19:29  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good to see business react positively to a change of government.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/economics/business-confidence-at-two-year-high-as-respondents-wait-for-coalition/story-e6frg926-1226716010432

quote:

If you go back and read my posts you will read that I have been there and done that

Added to that, I have 4 adult children, 3 with mortgages who have learnt to live within their means, the 2 youngest are very much the 'I want it NOW' generation, but even they are being moderate with the spending.

2 of the 4 have children, the eldest has 3, she is a stay at home mum, her husband works as a draugthman for large builder, they are doing what I believe they all should be doing, raising their kids, not paying someone else to do it, I know that side of that story as well, my wife has worked in child are for over 25 years. They have learnt to save and live on one wage, he gets a bit of seasonal work sometimes for stuff for his car. The won't get the PPL, and they survived, my daughter will return to work (she works in insurance) when all the kids are at school.

One of my sons has a 11 month old child, his wife took a year off and is going back to work, my son mentioned the PPL and he is a Labor voter, I told him to not rely on it when planning their next child, I told them to plan for the worst and be happy if it works out better, they also understand the need to be moderate with their spending, credit will only go so far

Trev, what is your beef here? That you're too old to enjoy the fruits of the coalition's PPL scheme so you're jealous of those who do stand to benefit from it.

I mean did you also oppose compulsory superannuation contributions or the advent of annual leave? Probably not because you were and still are able to benefit from it.

There are people out there, especially young women, who will stand to reap the rewards for having the courage to study a chosen field, to then secure a job in that chosen field and then to be able to use this scheme and its associated financial security at a rate that they have become accustomed to during their work to start a family.

Edited by - bundy5 on 10 Sep 2013 17:27:40
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Sep 2013 :  18:04:53  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The ALP sold out on their core values years ago! The political arm of it is just about jobs for mates.

As a representative of the Labor Party, we are going to make every attempt to move on from those times, we have realised the error of our ways

quote:

Good to see business react positively to a change of government.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/economics/business-confidence-at-two-year-high-as-respondents-wait-for-coalition/story-e6frg926-1226716010432

[quote]Originally posted by Trev

Trev, what is your beef here? That you're too old to enjoy the fruits of the coalition's PPL scheme so you're jealous of those who do stand to benefit from it.

I mean did you also oppose compulsory superannuation contributions or the advent of annual leave? Probably not because you were and still are able to benefit from it.

There are people out there, especially young women, who will stand to reap the rewards for having the courage to study a chosen field, to then secure a job in that chosen field and then to be able to use this scheme and its associated financial security at a rate that they have become accustomed to during their work to start a family.

I mean, why do they NEED to be paid to stay at home to have children, millions of Australians did it without any Government assistance. How did they manage it, by being frugal, living within their means

My kids are doing it, why can't others, why, because they are greedy, they want their cake and eat it, they want the tax payers to pay for their spend-thrift ways, because they have to have a new everything NOW!!!!!!

Governments need to be frugal, so do individuals

Edited by - Trev on 10 Sep 2013 18:08:59
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.94 seconds.