V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  11:24:10  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looks like Shorten is to become the next Labor leader. This is probably best for the Labor party considering the statistic IIRC that no opposition leader who takes up the job after a significant time in government actually becomes the next Prime Minister because, quite frankly, he will be dismally unappealing with his roles in the downfall of Rudd and Gillard's leadership. Chris Bowen is being set up nicely to lead them come the next election.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  18:12:03  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looks very much like Sophie Mirabella is going to lose her seat to an independent, will she be the only Liberal to lose their seat?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-features/newly-found-ballot-papers-put-sophie-mirabella-further-behind-in-indi/story-fnho52jj-1226716993992

quote:
SOPHIE Mirabella has fallen further behind in the seat of Indi after it was discovered her opponents vote tally was short-changed by 1003.

Vote counters had written the wrong number on top of a stack of ballot papers at a Wangaratta pre-polling centre, before the error was discovered by the Australian Electoral Commission.

The stack of ballot papers were all for independent candidate Cathy McGowan, and the number written on top was 1003 short.

The error was realised when the tally of Senate papers turned out to be much larger than the number of House of Representatives papers identified at the polling booth.

AEC spokesman Dan Doherty said that the votes had not yet been added to Ms McGowan’s total, who is currently 500 votes ahead of Ms Mirabella.

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 11 Sep 2013 18:29:53
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  19:27:04  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Looks very much like Sophie Mirabella is going to lose her seat to an independent, will she be the only Liberal to lose their seat?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-features/newly-found-ballot-papers-put-sophie-mirabella-further-behind-in-indi/story-fnho52jj-1226716993992

quote:
SOPHIE Mirabella has fallen further behind in the seat of Indi after it was discovered her opponents vote tally was short-changed by 1003.

Vote counters had written the wrong number on top of a stack of ballot papers at a Wangaratta pre-polling centre, before the error was discovered by the Australian Electoral Commission.

The stack of ballot papers were all for independent candidate Cathy McGowan, and the number written on top was 1003 short.

The error was realised when the tally of Senate papers turned out to be much larger than the number of House of Representatives papers identified at the polling booth.

AEC spokesman Dan Doherty said that the votes had not yet been added to Ms McGowan’s total, who is currently 500 votes ahead of Ms Mirabella.

I think one Liberal may lose their seat to Clive Palmer but I'm not actually 100% certain if a Liberal held that one previously. I am pretty sure though that no Liberals lost their seats to a Labor member.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  19:38:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sophie is/was a front bencher - LOL, guess they will have to find a new Industry Minister.

She is a very toxic person and it has finally caught up with her.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  20:05:32  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No great loss. She is/was someone who irritated people on all sides of politics. Same goes for ex-Assistant Treasurer, David Bradbury. An annoying little noddy dog who is also no great loss. Elections are a good cleaning-out time for both sides. No Mirabella and no Bradbury is a win-win situation. Neither were good representatives for their parties.

Edited by - Zac on 11 Sep 2013 20:07:15
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  20:36:04  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Too true zac

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  06:53:51  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Above everything else, politicians are here to amuse and entertain us...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvjwnRQAeoU
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  07:24:10  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good find Zac

Must say I miss Paul Keating. Better Pollie than the nothings that have followed.
Low altitude flyer. That a classic

More of the don't get sick in QLD
When will this useless lot learn

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/gold-coast-hospital8217s-supply-department-in-chaos-staff-claim/story-fnihsrf2-1226717172207

PROBLEMS that jeopardise patient care at the Gold Coast Hospital are emerging, with nursing and supply shortages raised at a recent staff forum with four board members.

The Courier-Mail has been told of an operating theatre running out of antiseptic, shortages of medical instruments and towels having to be used instead of pillows at times.

Emergency waiting times in spotlight after deaths

Probe into patient cases, deaths

Neurosurgeon sacked after safety fears raised

Queensland Nurses Union assistant secretary Des Elder, who was at the forum, said staff had complained of a supply department in "chaos'', insufficient support staff and the loss of ­experienced nurses.

A letter to the board from the 140 Gold Coast Hospital staff at the meeting expresses hope the seriousness of the ­issues would be acknowledged.

The letter, obtained by The Courier-Mail, mentions a "concern for patients, whose care they feel is jeopardised due to not enough nurses, supplies not available when needed, not enough theatre orderlies to manage the number of theatres''.

It cited a "lack of support'' from Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service CEO Ron Calvert and executive staff.

Mr Elder said the health district had "some serious problems in terms of the senior management''.

"We have had many reports that the CEO has a style that isn't about inclusiveness, it's about making decisions and letting people know afterwards,'' he said.

"The sorts of restructuring that's occurring really does need a lot of input from the clinicians at the senior level.''

Hospital staff are preparing to move into the new Gold Coast University Hospital later this month.

"The concern at the forum was that this transfer is going to be high risk because management haven't consulted properly with the relevant people,'' Mr Elder said.

"Hopefully, there won't be any adverse events.''

Australian Medical Association Queensland president Christian Rowan said he was "gravely concerned'' about matters raised at the forum and would welcome an opportunity to discuss them with the new Queensland Health director-general Ian Maynard.

Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service board chairman Ian Langdon did not answer questions at the forum about how the board intended to deal with the issues raised.

"The board will commence holding regular forums for staff in early October,'' he said

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  08:13:05  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You are not giving me a lot of confidence Col, if Abbott follows Campbells lead, we are in more **** than a Werribee duck

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  15:12:23  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't think the Federal Government follows the lead of any state government. I know Kevin was using that line about Abbott following Newman and the Queensland Government when he got his record stuck on "Cut, cut, cut" - but that was just a three word slogan. It makes as much sense as saying Kevin's government was following the lead of the NSW Government: MacDonald, Obeid, make yourselves a few tens of millions, rorts for mates and all that.

Werribee ducks might be in the ****, but we're not. Well, perhaps we are, and Tony is here to help us get out.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  15:46:47  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Tony is here to help us get out.

is he, did he win, haven't heard a thing from him

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  18:00:00  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kevin and Tony are having drinks at The Lodge with the wives. Housewarming party. I think Kevin's telling Tony not to call media conferences every day. Doesn't work. Probably won't want to say too much until the morning.

Edited by - Zac on 12 Sep 2013 18:02:55
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  19:07:00  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is the grandiose narcissist at it again?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/09/12/15/51/rudd-wants-to-be-pm-again-emerson
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  19:15:26  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Is the grandiose narcissist at it again?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/09/12/15/51/rudd-wants-to-be-pm-again-emerson

can't see the sociopath going anywhere in the next 3 years...can you? ruddy will have to dig him out...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 12 Sep 2013 19:16:21
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  19:19:36  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can a soufflé rise twice three times?

REM, who would you like to see as Labor leader? Between Shorten and Albanese, I'd prefer Albanese. At least he's genuine. I'd have much preferred Greg Combet, but that's not to be.

Edited by - Zac on 12 Sep 2013 19:27:15
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.28 seconds.