V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  19:52:07  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Kevin and Tony are having drinks at The Lodge with the wives. Housewarming party. I think Kevin's telling Tony not to call media conferences every day. Doesn't work. Probably won't want to say too much until the morning.

So it is finally the end of the 24 hour news cycle?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  20:19:10  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Combo, then Shorto, then Albo....!

My guess is that global warming is about to heat up again as an issue....look at the winter we have had and the fires now....Tones got no idea.....he's a leader for the 1950's!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  20:23:04  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sure you don't mean Global Cooling?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415191/Global-cooling-Arctic-ice-caps-grows-60-global-warming-predictions.html
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  20:27:49  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

My guess is that global warming is about to heat up again as an issue....look at the winter we have had and the fires now....Tones got no idea.....he's a leader for the 1950's!

The issue will only pick up if the economy picks up. If you look at the steady decline in the economy since 2007, you will notice a shift in public sentiment away from addressing climate change.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  20:29:13  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Daily Mail?.....FFS!...oh please!

Knock yourself out...http://www.pnas.org/content/110/37/14877.full

Edited by - REM on 12 Sep 2013 20:30:37
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  20:32:38  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

You surprise me. Combo - yep, but Shorto ahead of Albo? Maybe just to let Shorto burn himself and his limited abilities out in Oppo before the next electo...
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  20:34:52  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Albo...just reminds me of Leso Patto, so mucho...and with Tono in the lodgo....there's only so much cultural cringo...a man can stando!

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  20:36:06  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLwCyn1nOP0

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  21:00:34  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
More Lance Boylo than Les Patto. I still prefer a Headkicker to a Mother Nature's Son(o).
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  21:57:05  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, well, well...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/osullivan-senate-confirmation-delayed-20130912-2tml7.html

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  22:46:15  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

More Lance Boylo than Les Patto. I still prefer a Headkicker to a Mother Nature's Son(o).

Reckon the fella who must have given himself a "surely if he can...I really, really should have" forehard slap last weekend..........would be Mark Latham!

Edited by - REM on 12 Sep 2013 22:47:04
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Sep 2013 :  05:33:45  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am leaning towards Albanese only based on Shorten's performance on the downfall of 2 Prime Ministers

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Sep 2013 :  07:13:18  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Speaking of which....what about that nobsucker Howes.....can't stand him...trying for the Senate isn't he?

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Sep 2013 :  07:16:02  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd prefer Albanese based on Shorten's performance on many occasions - like this one: https://www.google.com.au/#q=youtube+bill+shorten+I+agree+with+her+ It's a comparison I've only just thought of, but Albo to me is like a present-day Calwell. Arthur Calwell's appearance, voice, etc. were not made for the media, but you couldn't doubt his conviction and sincerity, nor his thought and input into policy and ideas. Shorten is the opposite. There again, I heard the idea being floated yesterday by some ALP members that Shorten should get the job now, and then be replaced some time just prior to the next election.

I also think that Albanese would serve it up to Abbott more effectively than Shorten, but bringing him on in the last quarter would have more impact than have him slog it out for the entire game. Maybe there's someone else who hasn't been mentioned yet...

PS: Howes is another "I agree with her" kind of guy.

Edited by - Zac on 13 Sep 2013 07:21:12
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Sep 2013 :  07:34:30  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Zac...sure you meant....Howes-o!...never more apt!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.11 seconds.