V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Sep 2013 :  06:05:09  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting watching Insiders yesterday, particularly what they were saying about Rudd and the lack of discipline within the Party at Parliament level

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 16 Sep 2013 :  16:59:31  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good to see a cabinet appointed on merit and not on an equal opportunity quota system for women.

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
Originally posted by Madaz
[
Are you kidding, just wait until Abbott, Bishop, Pyne, Joyce etc start sprouting their wisdom and revealing their true agenda. People employed in the media will be run off their feet for the next 3 years.

Well, Barnaby did have his "best mate" Gina Rinehart at his celebration party, but I can't really work out a logical reason as to why she was there.

I've been informed that they have been friends for a long while.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 16 Sep 2013 17:54:11
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Sep 2013 :  18:41:18  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One woman on the front bench, and Joe Hockey has a helper, could have seen that one coming - LOL

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 16 Sep 2013 :  19:03:24  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

One woman on the front bench, and Joe Hockey has a helper , could have seen that one coming - LOL

And a former chief of staff to Howard as well

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 16 Sep 2013 :  19:39:56  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Abbott is not a misogynist just because he has only one woman in his cabinet.

I mean it's not his fault that women just aren't as smart or talented as men.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 16 Sep 2013 :  23:39:22  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Good to see Abbott putting Australia at the forefront of innovation. We don't need any more of that "science" stuff.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 17 Sep 2013 :  07:15:06  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Good to see Abbott putting Australia at the forefront of innovation. We don't need any more of that "science" stuff.

Hard core right wing Catholics resisting science....there's something new!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  13:12:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It appears that Mirabella has conceded defeat in Indi, the only sitting Liberal to lose their seat, the Liberals must be so proud of her, mind you the winner is a righty as well.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  13:16:07  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

It appears that Mirabella has conceded defeat in Indi, the only sitting Liberal to lose their seat, the Liberals must be so proud of her, mind you the winner is a righty as well.

Just like once the electorate knew of the true colours of Windsor and Oakshott, Cathy McGowan will be a one term MP. She is way too of a progressive thinker for the electorate and I argue that many voters were duped into voting for her because they wanted a change from Mirabella without actually knowing what McGowan stood for - pro environmentalist, carbon tax etc.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  14:12:24  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and it looks like Clive might not be successful up there in 'peanut' country

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  14:32:36  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

and it looks like Clive might not be successful up there in 'peanut' country

Now, now - technically Fairfax isn't peanut country.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  16:39:53  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
anything north of the line from Coolangatta to Camerons Corner is

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  19:49:06  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Prime Minister Abbott is looking at scrapping the carbon tax, and stopping the boats, all within his first few days on the job. Can he do all of that in his first few days?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  20:25:55  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Apparently yes

Also heard today that Hockey has conceded that the economy is not as bad as they made it out to be it, I will have to find a link

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  20:44:47  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

anything north of the line from Coolangatta to Camerons Corner is

Typical bloody Victorian
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.94 seconds.