V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Oct 2013 :  08:36:18  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOL, it was a joke

Also, it appears that AMEP candidate is joint with PUP

------------------------------------------------------------

This mornings news tells me that Ricky Muir (AMEP) has declared that there is stuff in his past that could be an 'issue'

Also, the head office is AMEP is enraged by his decision to join with the PUP - LOL, this stuff just keeps getting better and better

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 11 Oct 2013 05:07:16
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Oct 2013 :  06:18:15  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Senate (and in particular, the way Senators are elected) has been a mess for decades. The ABC's election expert Antony Green describes the process of electing Senators as "an amalgam of slapstick and farce". That's what is is, and this is what you end up with. It took someone (his name escapes me) who advised some of the micro-party candidates how to really exploit the process, and that is how we ended up with what we've got. We've had Senators elected with microscopic support before, but this is ridiculous. No wonder Paul Keating in frustration called the Senate "unrepresentative swill" back when he was PM. On top of that, we've got Ricky Muir (elected with 0.5% of the vote in Victoria, which has around 25% of Australia's voters) doing a deal with Clive Palmer at the first opportunity, despite not due to get to the Senate until July next year. When he finally gets there (and will be there for six years, on around $200,000 p.a. plus expense allowances), this bloke may well be pivotal to how Australia decides all kinds of major national and international issues. We've also got another Senator (David Leyonhjelm) joining the Senate who got elected with a similar microscopic vote, who got there by mistake. His party has a similar sounding name to the Liberal Party, and he drew Number 1 on the Senate ballot paper. So, there's two Senators, one whose only platform was more rights for 4WD owners, and the other who is offside with nearly everyone, and loves guns. One top of that, we've got that loose cannon, Clive Palmer wandering around doing deals, walking away from any question he doesn't like, throwing his considerable weight around.

This will be funny to watch once it starts happening, but this is the governing of our country we're watching.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Oct 2013 :  08:04:43  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There will be a re-vamp of the process for electing Reps into the Senate, that you can put money on

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Oct 2013 :  15:21:14  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Meanwhile - and for the next three years...

Even if the process of electing Senators is revamped (and these guys will have to pass any legislation to allow that), the current lot we just elected are there for six years. Julia must be relieved she doesn't have to deal with the Senate (or anyone else in Parliament for that matter) any more.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 12 Oct 2013 :  08:20:55  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Clive and his tin foil hat may not get his seat in parliament. He believes that the recount will be rigged, and that the AEC will put his opponent in there instead.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/19347284/aec-will-rob-me-of-win-palmer/
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 13 Oct 2013 :  19:38:47  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Abbott and his cronies were and are full of ****, we tried to tell people that, but they chose to believe Rupertt instead,

What would you expect the average uneducated and idiotic Australian who watches crap like ACA, TT etc to do?

Asking a bit much there, they are accustomed to being sheep.

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Clive and his tin foil hat may not get his seat in parliament. He believes that the recount will be rigged, and that the AEC will put his opponent in there instead.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/19347284/aec-will-rob-me-of-win-palmer/

Lets hope it is rigged, what a flog!

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 13 Oct 2013 19:39:59
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Oct 2013 :  19:47:39  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see that after the elections that were held last year and Tony Abbott became PM that the Labor Party has finally elected a new leader.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  05:10:39  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not my choice of the 2, but I like the process, let us hope they get their **** together and he is strong enough to reign in the ****ers within the party, including Rudd

They kicked Craig Thompson out for doing less than what Rudd did to the Party

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 15 Oct 2013 :  11:02:14  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is this the beginning

or the end?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/10/15/10/04/former-hsu-boss-pleads-guilty-to-fraud
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 15 Oct 2013 :  15:57:22  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He'll be lucky to avoid a stretch in jail - and Craig Thomson must be watching nervously.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 16 Oct 2013 :  06:39:15  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

He'll be lucky to avoid a stretch in jail - and Craig Thomson must be watching nervously.

Sounds like a good place for an awefull lot of Labor's bigwigs!!

Every day its something new, they are 'dirty'!!

Watching the news this morning, if Labor try and block the Carbon Tax bill of the Coalition, Tony reckons he will go to the GG and request a double disolusion.

I reckon labor will get absolutely chewed up in the polls again if they force us to go and vote again!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 16 Oct 2013 :  07:23:17  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
**** Tony Abbott he made a proper **** of himself as leader of the opposition and I don't give a rats arse what happens next.

It's time they give him the same level of respect that he gave them

None

If he's the great new diplomatic, caring PM that those pieces of shyte at News Limited are still trying to make him then he'll be able to negotiate it through the senate.

I don't care for the Carbon Tax but that **** deserves the same hostility that he gave out.

I'm surprised no one has called the dumb **** to task over the last 2.8 billion he borrowed

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Oct 2013 :  07:42:12  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lunch money. Maybe he had to borrow it to pay the interest on the few hundred billion we've already borrowed. At least we haven't had to close the place down yet.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Oct 2013 :  11:13:11  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

**** Tony Abbott he made a proper **** of himself as leader of the opposition and I don't give a rats arse what happens next.

It's time they give him the same level of respect that he gave them

None

If he's the great new diplomatic, caring PM that those pieces of shyte at News Limited are still trying to make him then he'll be able to negotiate it through the senate.

I don't care for the Carbon Tax but that **** deserves the same hostility that he gave out.

I'm surprised no one has called the dumb **** to task over the last 2.8 billion he borrowed

we finished up with the 'carbon tax' because Tony, the Libs and the Greens blocked the ETS, so the Labor Party should vote against Abbott dismantling it, we got it because of him, Labor had a mandate to introduce the ETS and what respect did he give that - zero, so **** him, he can swing for all I care

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 16 Oct 2013 :  13:17:50  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Sounds like a good place for an awefull lot of Labor's bigwigs!!

Every day its something new, they are 'dirty'!!

Watching the news this morning, if Labor try and block the Carbon Tax bill of the Coalition, Tony reckons he will go to the GG and request a double disolusion.

I reckon labor will get absolutely chewed up in the polls again if they force us to go and vote again!!

Abbott doesn't have balls to call a double dissolution. All the BS he went on about before the election will sink him.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.61 seconds.