V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

GetThe
Team Manager

2571 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  13:57:59  Show Profile Send GetThe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy

quote:
Originally posted by GetThe

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by GetThe

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by stucar17

quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

at least she can string a sentence together and answer questions on the spot with logical answers.

ARE YOU SERIOUS ?

I watched her last night on the ABC for about 5 mins, she was asked 4 different questions and she didnt answer one of them . She is a liar, who will do anything to protect her job regardless of the effect to the party.

It's what the Labor party and its members are now famous for which is to be as vague as possible using words and terminology that will eventually scuffle the concentration patterns of the listeners so that they reach an understanding that there is nothing really wrong with the issue in question. Did I lose you in that explanation? See...

Which is the exact reason why You would make a GREAT Labor politician.

Seems as if you have been reading too many V8 threads

I can really be whoever I want to be, if you catch my drift...

Exactly a GREAT Labor politician as i said. You perform as many backflips as they do.

Seems as though you're a Labor supporter yourself, read what you want to read

You couldn't be further from the truth. Much like always.
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  14:08:01  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Like I said, read what you want to read.

In other news, seems as if Abbott is going to match Gillard's pledge of returning the budget back into surplus in its first year of government should it be successful and win the next election. I know which one I would bet on to achieve it...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/well-follow-labor-on-surplus-tony-abbott/story-fn59niix-1226267489330

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  17:19:07  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How can Abbott follow Labor when he has been telling us that Labor can not return to a surplus.

It's an admission that Labor are doing the right thing.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  06:43:28  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

In other news, seems as if Abbott is going to match Gillard's pledge of returning the budget back into surplus in its first year of government should it be successful and win the next election. I know which one I would bet on to achieve it...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/well-follow-labor-on-surplus-tony-abbott/story-fn59niix-1226267489330

If that is true, it is about time the Libs all got on the same page, Hockey saying one, Robb saying something different and Abbott not quite sure what was going on.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  10:46:09  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

If that is true, it is about time the Libs all got on the same page, Hockey saying one, Robb saying something different and Abbott not quite sure what was going on.

And be like what the Labor party demands as if they were frightened soliders fearful that the next time they step out of line they get shot. Well the Liberal party is much more tolerant to dissent and varying ideas which in the end, produces much more innovative policy.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  10:52:18  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

And be like what the Labor party demands as if they were frightened soliders fearful that the next time they step out of line they get shot. Well the Liberal party is much more tolerant to dissent and varying ideas which in the end, produces much more innovative policy.

That is the biggest crock of **** I think I have read, the only difference is that the Libs are better are keeping their mouths shut about what goes on behind closed doors than the Labor party, and when you have dissesenters in the Labor party like Rudd then it is going to keep happening, he is doing anything he can to destabilise Gillards leadership, I would sack the sniveling little turd.

Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  10:56:55  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

That is the biggest crock of **** I think I have read, the only difference is that the Libs are better are keeping their mouths shut about what goes on behind closed doors than the Labor party, and when you have dissesenters in the Labor party like Rudd then it is going to keep happening, he is doing anything he can to destabilise Gillards leadership, I would sack the sniveling little turd.

Which goes to the actual quality and stability of her leadership...the Liberal party tolerates dissent yet they all remain, at least publically, loyal to Abbott while Rudd is anything but despite what the party demands!!

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  11:22:07  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Which goes to the actual quality and stability of her leadership...

No it goes to the core of the Labor Party of the last 100 years.

How come none of you Liberal supporters want to talk about the time the Liberal Party ousted a sitting Liberal Prime Minister, I remember it happening, but none of you lot want to talk about it. It it set an historical milestone in Australian political history

Edited by - Trev on 11 Feb 2012 11:24:02
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  11:39:35  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
How come none of you Liberal supporters want to talk about the time the Liberal Party ousted a sitting Liberal Prime Minister, I remember it happening, but none of you lot want to talk about it. It it set an historical milestone in Australian political history

Because some of us weren't around then

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  11:52:45  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Which goes to the actual quality and stability of her leadership...

No it goes to the core of the Labor Party of the last 100 years.

So does that mean the Labor Party aren't original in their thinking?
They're just copycats?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  13:05:01  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, I am saying the Liberal Party set the precedent back in March 1971

Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  13:10:15  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

No, I am saying the Liberal Party set the precedent back in March 1971

We know what you're saying.

But he wasn't as popular with the people as Rudd was when he was knifed, no?

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  20:08:19  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Changing the subject oh so slighly, it was interesting watching a debate on TV this morning, this economist was saying that being in 'surplus' or being in 'deficit' is not a big deal, he was saying that if we have a budget surplus the Government has collected more money from us (in taxes) than what it has spent providing us with services, he said it like it was a negative thing, but he also acknowledged that having a deficit for long period is not good either, it should be neutral, the Gvmt spending exactly what we are giving them, no + and -

Interesting thoughts I reckon, a budget is just that a budget, we all have them, they are a paper forecast, a guesstimate.

Edited by - Trev on 11 Feb 2012 20:11:04
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  20:16:37  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Changing the subject oh so slighly, it was interesting watchin ga debate on TV this morning, this economist was saying that being in 'surplus' or being in 'deficit' is not big deal, he was saying that if we have a budget deficit they Government has collected more money from us (in taxes) than what it has spent providing us with services, he said it like it was a negative thing, but he also acknowledged that had a deficit for long period is not good either, it should be neuatral, the Gvmt spending exactly what we are giving them, no + and -

Interesting thoughts I reckon, a budget is just that a budget, we all have them, they are a paper forecast, a guesstimate.

I think you mean that if we have a budget surplus it means that the government has collected too much money from us and therefore, not done enough with it on services. If the Government is that way inclined as to where its priorities lie whether its about saving for a rainy day or spending while the going is good.

My preference for a budget is how it operated under Howard. Run a small surplus, say a couple of percent of GDP while making sure that there are adequate services in place and provisions and debts paid for and if there should be any left over, cut personal tax/company tax rates.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  20:34:49  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

My preference for a budget is how it operated under Howard. Run a small surplus, say a couple of percent of GDP while making sure that there are adequate services in place and provisions and debts paid for and if there should be any left over, cut personal tax/company tax rates.

Yeah that was a typo I corrected a while ago - sorry about that

As for Howard providing services - a big 'pigs arse' I say, he (and his Government) just raped and pillaged, it was a one sided budget, they squirrelled away billions of our money, they spent on **** all. You should know that, you (and your lot) have been crowing for 18 months about how labor has wasted the money that Howard/Costello saved, now you are telling me he spent it - bull-**** I say.

Edited by - Trev on 11 Feb 2012 20:35:36
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 28.66 seconds.