V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  05:19:43  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

I'm betting the former, since he has always done it. Now that he's more in the spotlight why is it suddenly a media beat up?

Anyway if it was actually a pre planned media event, who has it hurt?

Come on Simon, don't be so naïve, it was all a planned media event, as has been stated, he has spent the last 3 years telling all and sundry how Labor has ****ed the country and how he is going to spend his "first hundred days" fixing it, he has done **** all so far expect spruce up for the media, he is a media hungry ****er who lies through his teeth.

And why are none of you 'Righties' talking about the money his Government just took off the people who were burnt out? by taking away some of the subsidy money they would have normally got, why aren't you all talking about it, why do you keep avoiding it?

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 29 Oct 2013 05:21:38
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  05:28:15  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Abbott's corny spin on the boat arrivals is a load of **** and everyone knows it, the boats were already slowing due to Rudd's policy.

Riddle me this, he prances around in a RFS uniform and ALL the media is there for the photo opportunity, now convince me he is doing it all for the right reasons - frog **** I say
"Rudd's policy" In the years immediately prior to Rudd's policy, Australia saw a couple of hundred people in total come here as "unauthorised boat arrivals" over three or four years. Due to Rudd's policy, those numbers shot up to 4,000 per year, then 5,000 and up to 8,000 per year before the government started rethinking Rudd's policy.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  06:38:20  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am talking the 'recent; Rudd policy Zac and you know it

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  07:27:54  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, I know it. I was pointing out that Labor's policy on the run was only trying to rectify earlier policy that it hadn't thought through. How much effect those policy changes regarding "irregular maritime arrivals" (or whatever other names they gave to them) had on the numbers arriving now: I don't know.

Edited by - Zac on 29 Oct 2013 07:31:07
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  09:15:39  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tony is riding on the back of that policy coz they haven't done much to change or add to it, but the bastard wouldn't acknowledge it

Edited by - Trev on 29 Oct 2013 16:05:32
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  15:51:16  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/joe-hockey-blowing-hundreds-of-millions-to-make-himself-look-good-20131029-2wcy3.html

quote:
Reserve Bank governor Glenn Stevens has effectively confirmed that Joe Hockey is blowing several hundred million dollars in an attempt to make his performance as Treasurer look good. Never underestimate the vanity of politicians.
Forget a few thousand here and there on the cost of weddings and Cairns “meetings”, Hockey’s petty budget politics will cost tax payers about $300 million over the next 12 months and another couple of hundred million the next year.

Oh ho ho big Joe

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 29 Oct 2013 15:52:16
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  16:40:22  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Tony is riding on the back of that policy coz they haven't done much to change or add to it, but the bastard wouldn't acknowledge it

Yes, he certainly is riding on the back of that policy. Now, this policy... It's the policy of re-opening Nauru, sending boat arrivals to other places, off-shore processing, etc., is it not? I seem to recall this being what the Coalition kept telling Labor to do, and Labor kept trying anything and everything, except caving in to following Coalition ideas. After the usual policy failures, and the continuing and ever-increasing number of arrivals by boat, Labor finally came around to what the Coalition had been saying. You'd think Tony would at least acknowledge Labor's policy, even if Labor didn't think it up - and only implemented it after watching all of its previous policies going nowhere.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  21:24:29  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/joe-hockey-blowing-hundreds-of-millions-to-make-himself-look-good-20131029-2wcy3.html

quote:
Reserve Bank governor Glenn Stevens has effectively confirmed that Joe Hockey is blowing several hundred million dollars in an attempt to make his performance as Treasurer look good. Never underestimate the vanity of politicians.
Forget a few thousand here and there on the cost of weddings and Cairns “meetings”, Hockey’s petty budget politics will cost tax payers about $300 million over the next 12 months and another couple of hundred million the next year.

Oh ho ho big Joe

Hockeynomics and Abbott went to great lengths to tell us we had a budget crisis.
Young slim Joe has added 2.6 billion to the debt, now he's prepared to lump us with 300 million in interest each year to make himself and his government look good.

Where's all the Liberal fanboys whinging about the debt and interest now

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 30 Oct 2013 :  04:49:32  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, come on boys, where is the whingeing now, even Glenn Stevens from the RBA thought it was unnecessary

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 30 Oct 2013 :  05:57:06  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Who are "all the Liberal fanboys"? I'm a supporter of "financial conservatives", but after Rudd and Swan both told us that that's what they were, I'm not so sure any more. I'm not a Liberal fanboy, so maybe you need to go wake up Bundy from his dormant armchair to get a knee-jerk response. I also really don't know enough about the workings of the RBA to know precisely what Hockey and Stevens are squabbling about, and I'd guess not many others on here do either. It doesn't sound like good financial conservatism to me, but it's going to take some risk and controversy to get the federal budget back in order. Whether Joe and his advisors have the ability to do that: I don't know. On current form, probably not - but the last lot not only didn't do it, they created the current debt problem. (Yes, them - and the good old GFC, of course.)

Joe has a big problem. He has to rip into national debt, both government and private, and at the same time he has to create infrastructure where the returns exceeds the cost. Hmmm.. He'll have to do that while sorting out what parts of the government's debt is producing profits and what parts are just funding current ongoing spending. At the moment, we've got way too much of the second kind, and way too little of the first. Now, who caused that? If you look at the way government debt ballooned over the previous six or so years, you'll get an idea. I also can't see any infrastructure started in that time that has helped out. Now Joe has increased Australia's debt levels, and some Labor supporters here are squealing. WTF? Increasing Australia's debt levels? I thought the hundreds of billions of ballooning debt over the Rudd/Gillard years was AOK.

Edited by - Zac on 30 Oct 2013 06:27:12
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Oct 2013 :  07:49:31  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You're no Liberal Fanboy Zac. Don't even know why you thought you were.

While I don't condone the debt levels we had there were plenty on here that had a lot to say about it.
Now Hockey has borrowed another 2.6 billion and it's costing us 300 million in interest.

The Liberal fanboys were so quick to take pot shots at the Labor government now it's all quiet.
Seems it's ok for the Lieberals to spend the money, but no one else is allowed to.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 Oct 2013 :  13:19:16  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Now Joe has increased Australia's debt levels, and some Labor supporters here are squealing. WTF? Increasing Australia's debt levels? I thought the hundreds of billions of ballooning debt over the Rudd/Gillard years was AOK.

Think it has more to do with the hypocrisy of the Liberals than debt levels.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 30 Oct 2013 :  15:30:44  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

The Liberal fanboys were so quick to take pot shots at the Labor government now it's all quiet.
Seems it's ok for the Lieberals to spend the money, but no one else is allowed to.

Labor had about 6 years of racking up massive debt, so lets see how the Libs go managing it, after all its only been a few months. I don't care if Joe spends what it takes to get us out of the mucky stuff for now, but if they continue to rack up debt over a long time I will be as unhappy with them as I was Labor. Still to early to start moaning as I see it.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 30 Oct 2013 :  16:10:24  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Labor had about 6 years of racking up massive debt, so lets see how the Libs go managing it, after all its only been a few months. I don't care if Joe spends what it takes to get us out of the mucky stuff for now, but if they continue to rack up debt over a long time I will be as unhappy with them as I was Labor. Still to early to start moaning as I see it.

after all its only been a few months... of the Liberals racking up massive debt as well.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Oct 2013 :  17:42:41  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They were in for less than forty days when Hockeynomics borrowed the cash.
At that rate they'll out spend Labor in no time and all on a recovering bottomline

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 22.64 seconds.