V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  21:09:50  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

quote:
Originally posted by bundy

My preference for a budget is how it operated under Howard. Run a small surplus, say a couple of percent of GDP while making sure that there are adequate services in place and provisions and debts paid for and if there should be any left over, cut personal tax/company tax rates.

Yeah that was a typo I corrected a while ago - sorry about that

As for Howard providing services - a big 'pigs arse' I say, he (and his Government) just raped and pillaged, it was a one sided budget, they squirrelled away billions of our money, they spent on **** all. You should know that, you (and your lot) have been crowing for 18 months about how labor has wasted the money that Howard/Costello saved, now you are telling me he spent it - bull-**** I say.

It had to go somewhere Trev...whether they used the public finances enough to build national infrastructure projects is probably a contentious point, that you and I will probably disagree over, as generally Conservative governments are not that way inclined as to their priorities in Government.

But you also have to remember that a lot of that money that could of been spent in that area had to be directed towards paying the 96 billion dollars worth of government debt that Keating left Howard.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 12 Feb 2012 :  01:05:27  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Conservative governments couldn't give a rats about the quality infrastructure one expects from their tax dollars. Sounds right.

The Education revolution was the first time in 15 years our local public school saw federal money for new buildings they desperately needed, and the ****ing whine from the mostly private school Liberal contingent was incredible.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 12 Feb 2012 01:10:15
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 12 Feb 2012 :  07:25:55  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And Labor governments don't seem to give a rat's about balancing a budget. They just spend up big, secure in the knowledge that a Liberal government will fix up their mess...
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Feb 2012 :  07:38:07  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
it is an ebb and flow process, which is why both Parties should have time in Government, but riddle me this, why is it that all pundents agree that the Hawke Keating Government was one of the best with their financial policies

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 12 Feb 2012 :  10:44:50  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

it is an ebb and flow process, which is why both Parties should have time in Government, but riddle me this, why is it that all pundents agree that the Hawke Keating Government was one of the best with their financial policies

Because they are Labor party inclined

But really, anyone who was responsible for deregulating the foreign exchange market, as Keating could lay claim to, would be seen as a hero as it allowed for much more enterprise in the financial sector as a whole...

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Feb 2012 :  11:48:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Reallu, Costello acknowldged it, a couple of the current Libs acknowledged it - go figure

Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 12 Feb 2012 :  21:04:49  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Reallu, Costello acknowldged it, a couple of the current Libs acknowledged it - go figure

I know Trev...just joking around...

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2012 :  12:44:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not anymore you are not

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2012 :  13:19:36  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Conservative governments couldn't give a rats about the quality infrastructure one expects from their tax dollars. Sounds right.

The Education revolution was the first time in 15 years our local public school saw federal money for new buildings they desperately needed, and the ****ing whine from the mostly private school Liberal contingent was incredible.

Desperatley needed?? Please.....

My nieces school had just finished building a new hall, just the way they wanted it.
Along comes this Govt full of incompetant imbo's with a chequebook full of our money and TELLS them they are getting ANOTHER hall.

What to do with the newly built one? The knocked it down.

NOW - they have a hall HALF the size of the one they had built that can't even fit all the kids in it!!! They have their assemblies in the playground now!!! It's just as well, because they certainly didn't give them any chairs to go in it!

Complete and utter disgrace and another example of how they have npo idea of what they are doing.

Get rid of them. How much more do we have to take???
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2012 :  20:20:49  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Funny you bring up the BER again Rabs. In the local paper today was a picture of the sitting Liberal member unvailing a plauqe for the 2.4million dollar upgrade of the public school and taking full credit for it as a federal project.

Time to get your head out of the sand rabs and realise that the funding was needed by many schools

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Feb 2012 :  21:05:28  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Albert, I don't think there would be too many who would say that schools didn't actually need some funding, it's more the way it was forced upon them, as per Rabbit's example and many, many other cases of building totally inappropriate structures.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2012 :  21:22:12  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Albert, I don't think there would be too many who would say that schools didn't actually need some funding, it's more the way it was forced upon them, as per Rabbit's example and many, many other cases of building totally inappropriate structures.

True but how many out of the thousands of School didn't appriciate it?

Bringing up a handfull of Schools doesn't constitute complete policy failure.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 13 Feb 2012 :  21:23:57  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

And Labor governments don't seem to give a rat's about balancing a budget. They just spend up big, secure in the knowledge that a Liberal government will fix up their mess...

Have you been watching the news lately?

Labor intend to bring the budget to surplus in 2012/13. At the same time numerous countries around the world are in the toilet.

We all know that past Labor government haven't managed the economy well, but this current government seems to be doing an ok job, budget-wise anyway.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Feb 2012 :  21:51:38  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

True but how many out of the thousands of School didn't appriciate it?

Bringing up a handfull of Schools doesn't constitute complete policy failure.

Bloody big handful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Marchi1
Sex Jesus

Afghanistan
3816 Posts
joined 07 Feb 08

Posted - 13 Feb 2012 :  23:57:47  Show Profile  Visit Marchi1's Homepage Send Marchi1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

And who's tax money did that come out of? free education is one thing, but you get what you pay for.

Let me ask you this, why when I was at school, did I have to pay for a tafe course that public school students got for free? Exactly the same teacher, exactly the same facilities, but I get charged a grand a semester for it. It's not like my family couldn't use the money.

It was verging on discrimination.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.38 seconds.