V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Nov 2013 :  22:25:24  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, I know all that. When Australia votes conservative, we're dumb enough to fall for slogans and no policy. When Australia votes Labor, it's Australia's great judgement.
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 26 Nov 2013 :  22:26:00  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

So with you Willsy.....before the GST I used to eat out once a week with the family or buy chinese takeaway....but that 10% on top really hit us....never mind the 10% on the mechanic bills....and every other damn thing....it's a **** of a legacy left by the Howard administration....and really changed our spending habits! You can get around it by buying goods online from overseas though....much cheaper!

And securing jobs is a priority....everybody wants a secure job...as opposed to a 'flexible employment arrangement'....with minimum protections....and thereby no confidence to spend and stimulate the market....

Governments need a certain amount of money to come in don't they? Its not like they took the gst revenue and lined their own pockets... Problem with Labor they cut their income and spend more and leave us in massive hole. (I actually would prefer to see the gst rise further anyway, than how the money is being taken away in other methods at the moment.)

This time around we have seen our rates all skyrocket and the cost of doing business is now a large issue. The sign shop we have, had to back a worker off to part time, even though we realistically need to make the position redundant. Thats because we get larger bills to pay for the same amount of output, and in turn the businesses we are dealing with have the same problem and are cutting their spends to compensate for their losses.

Power prices are ridiculous, they are the highest in the world now, and SA is the highest in Australia. They immediately had the excuse to ramp up the prices once the Carbon Tax was implemented which certainly didn't help anything, and the pressure kept on rising.

None of this helps the worker who ends up getting cut back. Whats the point of trying to help them out more whilst their employer is struggling in a continuing worse situation? Get the business on its feet more and in turn have a well paid secure work force and in turn people will spend more.

If this government fails to reign in these costs, then I wont back them either, but I'll be able to tell by the end of their term, not just in the couple of months gone.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Nov 2013 :  22:40:11  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The GST is a non-issue. It's part of the landscape. Labor wanted it and the Libs wanted it. Australia needed a tax system based more on spending and less on income. The Libs were the ones prepared to bite the bullet and introduce it. Despite Labor's half-hearted "Rollback" campaign, it's here and staying. Next...
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  11:49:30  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Read that all you Liberal voters. The filth you elected only represents Gina and the big miners, not regular Australians.

Remove the ****ing grubs.

One term Tony.
I read all that, even though I didn't vote Liberal. We're seeing democracy at work. Australia voted for the Coalition (or voted "anything other than Labor, more like it), and now the Coalition has its chance to run the country. If the Liberals do only represent "Gina and the big miners", why did so many people vote for them? That's a lot of Ginas and big miners - and their supporters.

FWIW, 12,914,958 people voted in the 2013 election. 5,882,867 voted Coalition, 4,311,341 voted Labor and 1,116,914 voted Greens. That's 1,571,526 more people that voted for the Coalition than voted Labor - and still 454,612 more people voted for the Coalition than Labor and the Greens combined. (There's another 1,603,836 voters who voted Katter, Palmer, Family First or some other single-issue parties or independents too. Lucky they were there, or the Coalition vote would have been a lot bigger. In Palmer's case, that's definitely more votes representing a big miner.) So like it or lump it, and call the government all the names you want - but they're the government, and almost certainly will be for the next 1,000 or so days.

**** off with the sanctimonious mandate crap.

People vote preferentially, so no one "votes Liberal or Labor".

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/barry-ofarrell-criticises-christopher-pyne-over-gonski-20131126-2y7fu.html

Even O'Farrel smells the filth the Liberals are trying to hide from the public. Tony promised no changes to the Gonski funding. Looks like it was yet another lie.

You guys bitched when Labor did anything, now you're singing the praises of Tony when he takes the future of our children.

Where's that double dissolution? Get the lairs out of office.

A lie?

Nothing to do with Labor withdrawing the money from the education account then?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-26/pyne-adamant-gonski-school-funding-needs-overhaul2c-despite-st/5116978

Prior to the election, the Coalition said it was on a "unity ticket" with Labor regarding school funding, but Mr Pyne says he is not breaking election promises.

- - -

Oh ****, looks like the coalition lied again. And you champions are still blaming big bad labor. Not even Pyne used that pathetic excuse.

Why exactly does Tony think we need to spend so much renegotiating an agreement we have already agreed upon? Lots of travel to COAG meetings and lots of opportunity for expenses rorts? Sounds right up the alley of this government.

And our children will suffer with no funding model. Just because Tony wants to destroy a Labor agreement.

Tony Tax in full swing.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  13:14:13  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sounds to me like you're just having a general rant to anyone. I'll leave you to it.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  18:53:32  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Yeah, I know all that. When Australia votes conservative, we're dumb enough to fall for slogans and no policy. When Australia votes Labor, it's Australia's great judgement.

You said it, not me.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  18:58:08  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/beijing-furious-over-julie-bishops-irresponsible---remarks-20131127-2ya2q.html

Another hour, another coalition stuff up.

Pissing off our biggest trading partner, good move.

If this is government by adults I want the children back please.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  19:26:55  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Abbott, Bishop, Pyne, Morrison, Joyce...the list goes on.

Did anyone really believe these people would not put their foot in their mouths on an almost weekly basis. Their tactics worked great in opposition but foreign governments especially Asian nations were never going to accept their antics.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  19:35:10  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/beijing-furious-over-julie-bishops-irresponsible---remarks-20131127-2ya2q.html

Seems easy to piss them off!

What did she say that was so bad? That the Australian Government is concerned with a new military zone they are setting up, I feel she is more asking for an explanation on what they are up to. Why has that made them 'furious'?

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  20:00:46  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

Abbott, Bishop, Pyne, Morrison, Joyce...the list goes on.

Did anyone really believe these people would not put their foot in their mouths on an almost weekly basis. Their tactics worked great in opposition but foreign governments especially Asian nations were never going to accept their antics.

Yep....but in my wildest dreams.....i never thought the public would wake up to them so quick! A honeymoon that last less then 2 months.......oh the divorce is gunna....H-U-R-T!.....arrogant pricks! Just goes to show....you can fool some of the people, some of the time....but you can't fool all of the people....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 27 Nov 2013 20:02:50
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17198 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  20:21:42  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
so Labor changing their minds pre-election and Liberal matching it (as it was explained on the radio) means Libs suck? a shame the Libs got elected as it would have been interesting watching you bag out Labor for backing down on its own promise...

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  22:43:55  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Oh wow how irresponsible of Julie Bishop. How dare she say that. Can you believe it? Oh my god that's offensive.

Seriously what did she do that's wrong? Nothing at all. If Labor were still in charge and the exact same story came up regarding a Labor member saying the same thing, would you mention it on here? Would you call it a Labor stuff-up?

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 28 Nov 2013 :  02:29:11  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

quote:

Oh wow how irresponsible of Julie Bishop. How dare she say that. Can you believe it? Oh my god that's offensive.

Seriously what did she do that's wrong? Nothing at all. If Labor were still in charge and the exact same story came up regarding a Labor member saying the same thing, would you mention it on here? Would you call it a Labor stuff-up?

She could have kept her mouth shut knowing China is very sensitive about these things and how much our economy relies on Chinese demand. As far as I'm aware Labor didn't cause diplomatic rows with 2 countries in the space of a week.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-27/alcohol-and-other-drugs-council-adca-administration-funding-cut/5119744

As for Australia, the coalition can't help but destroy everything at record pace.

The Federal Government has withdrawn funding for the national peak body representing the alcohol and drug treatment sector, forcing the immediate closure of the 50-year-old organisation.

The Alcohol and Other Drugs Council of Australia (ADCA) was told late yesterday that its core funding would be halted as part of the Government's budget deficit reduction strategy.

Will there be any country left after this destruction? The ADCA survived decades of past Liberal governments, only for Tony to tear it apart.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 28 Nov 2013 02:34:41
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2013 :  07:17:24  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

quote:

She could have kept her mouth shut knowing China is very sensitive about these things and how much our economy relies on Chinese demand. As far as I'm aware Labor didn't cause diplomatic rows with 2 countries in the space of a week.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-27/alcohol-and-other-drugs-council-adca-administration-funding-cut/5119744

As for Australia, the coalition can't help but destroy everything at record pace.

The Federal Government has withdrawn funding for the national peak body representing the alcohol and drug treatment sector, forcing the immediate closure of the 50-year-old organisation.

The Alcohol and Other Drugs Council of Australia (ADCA) was told late yesterday that its core funding would be halted as part of the Government's budget deficit reduction strategy.

Will there be any country left after this destruction? The ADCA survived decades of past Liberal governments, only for Tony to tear it apart.

Yeah...but it's not like our community has any AOD issues anyway.....just go to any correctional centre or hospital....look around.....no-one! Like when Griener closed the NSW skin cancer clinic back in the day....I mean like really....who needs these services???? Good job Libs......ending the waste!

Great that we are getting a No surprise government! http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/abbotts-boulevard-of-broken-promises-20131127-2yac4.html

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 28 Nov 2013 07:25:27
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Nov 2013 :  07:38:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This government hasn't shown itself to be particularly good at anything so far, but we have to remember what was there before. Here is a quote from the SMH (the paper we like to quote on here) that sums it up for me: "The first post-election Herald/Nielsen poll is a reality check for Coalition MPs who think the election was an emphatic vote for their people and policies. It wasn't. It was a referendum on a rabble that couldn't muster the collective wit, will and discipline to govern itself, and as a result, was ruled ineligible to govern the country."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/tony-abbott-badly-shaken-but-labor-cant-be-complacent-20131124-2y42u.html
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.86 seconds.