V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  07:55:31  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Zac....I'm a lefty....but my wife reckons I consider myself 'Right'...on everything!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  08:10:32  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
..and are you?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  15:01:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hang to the left

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  15:44:19  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Here's Albie. One of those people bRaDzAsS was just talking about.

Yep! I'm one of those that votes on policy, action and results. I have never voted along party lines.

Pretty sure I have mentioned this a number of times in this thread. Probably drowned out by your waffle.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion



Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

 offline

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  17:37:48  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Once again we are drowning in debt, everyone has their hand out to the Government but squeal like stuck pigs if they are going to loose any handouts or have to pay more in taxes. What I am sick of is:

Governments wasting my tax dollars
People expecting the Government to give them handout after handout
The current unfair taxation system

What we need is a Government with some balls, if people want Governments to pay for their child care, school books, studies into the effects gay whales have on the ozone layer etc , then expect to be taxed more. I reckon this Government should have the balls to put the GST up to 15% and have zero exclusions, and don't give it directly to the states. A consumption tax is the fairest form of taxation as everyone from Wazza on the dole to Clive Palmer pay their fair share.

If the Coalition can stop the waste and increase the GST we would be out of debt in not time, and could give the people on a pension a decent increase.

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.








_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  17:42:32  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Here's Albie. One of those people bRaDzAsS was just talking about.

Yep! I'm one of those that votes on policy, action and results. I have never voted along party lines.

Pretty sure I have mentioned this a number of times in this thread. Probably drowned out by your waffle.
Albie, your posts remind me of a memorable line from 'Good Morning Vietnam':
















"... more in dire need of a blow job than any white man in history."
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 19 Dec 2013 :  02:45:51  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

Once again we are drowning in debt, everyone has their hand out to the Government but squeal like stuck pigs if they are going to loose any handouts or have to pay more in taxes. What I am sick of is:

Governments wasting my tax dollars
People expecting the Government to give them handout after handout
The current unfair taxation system

What we need is a Government with some balls, if people want Governments to pay for their child care, school books, studies into the effects gay whales have on the ozone layer etc , then expect to be taxed more. I reckon this Government should have the balls to put the GST up to 15% and have zero exclusions, and don't give it directly to the states. A consumption tax is the fairest form of taxation as everyone from Wazza on the dole to Clive Palmer pay their fair share.

If the Coalition can stop the waste and increase the GST we would be out of debt in not time, and could give the people on a pension a decent increase.




You mean a great big new tax?

Also a raised GST will torpedo the broader retail and food industry. Modifying the income tax at the top will torpedo the, um, yacht industry?


_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 19 Dec 2013 :  15:54:28  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Here's Albie. One of those people bRaDzAsS was just talking about.

Yep! I'm one of those that votes on policy, action and results. I have never voted along party lines.

Pretty sure I have mentioned this a number of times in this thread. Probably drowned out by your waffle.
Albie, your posts remind me of a memorable line from 'Good Morning Vietnam':
















"... more in dire need of a blow job than any white man in history."

LOL!

Getting depressed again? I'm sure your girlfriend Moy is still around to administer one to you.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 19 Dec 2013 :  18:08:32  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Here's Albie. One of those people bRaDzAsS was just talking about.

Yep! I'm one of those that votes on policy, action and results. I have never voted along party lines.

Pretty sure I have mentioned this a number of times in this thread. Probably drowned out by your waffle.
Albie, your posts remind me of a memorable line from 'Good Morning Vietnam':
















"... more in dire need of a blow job than any white man in history."

LOL!

Getting depressed again? I'm sure your girlfriend Moy is still around to administer one to you.



OUCH

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 21 Dec 2013 :  13:24:41  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know and understand how bloody politics gets us all going at some point and to different degrees but please keep the personal comments out of it thanks.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 23 Dec 2013 :  08:29:58  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-23/home-insulation-scheme-royal-commission-to-get-underway/5171854

There will be a royal commission into the bungled Insulation scheme. Sure, while the Labor government at the time is to blame as it was not regulated and all of the dodgy bastards seemed to come out of the woodwork, the unfortunate deaths of the insulation installers should be put on the employers as well, as they had a duty of care to provide and failed to do that.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 23 Dec 2013 :  09:02:24  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If the Home Insulation Scheme had been administered with a correct level of control, the dodgy bastards would not have had a free reign to do what the **** they wanted!!

The Labor minister in charge of the scheme is the person responsible for the debacle, and is the one who should be facing charges for deriliction of duty of care. Its their fault!!

Unfortunately we are talking about two very high profile ex-ministers, so the likelihood of the Royal commission being granted the powers and resources that is needed is remote.

This RC will set the precedent for any further enquiries like this, and the current federal government will be very careful not to leave itself open to any future issues.

Nobody should die when they are at work!

I do not believe justice will be served here, there is too much at stake for any future ministers!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?

Edited by - bigem on 23 Dec 2013 09:14:09
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 23 Dec 2013 :  13:59:07  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Waste of time and money. How many people died? 3? At least 100 times that many will die of cancer because of cuts to the CSIRO budget by Abbott.

Political point-scoring at its best.


_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 23 Dec 2013 :  14:47:15  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Waste of time and money. How many people died? 3? At least 100 times that many will die of cancer because of cuts to the CSIRO budget by Abbott.

Political point-scoring at its best.



Tell that to those who lost loved ones because of it. :(
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager



Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

 offline

Posted - 23 Dec 2013 :  18:15:50  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Bad news for Souths fans who voted Liberal. Manly fans can rest easy though.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/south-sydney-lose-dream-high-performance-centre-after-federal-government-pulls-pin/story-fndujljl-1226786912110

South Sydney's dream to relocate to new high performance centre in Maroubra has been shattered after the Federal Government withdrew support for a $16 million package that was promised to fund the project.

In awful Christmas news for the Rabbitohs, Treasurer Joe Hockey this week announced the money would be no longer forthcoming to pay for a state-of-the-art complex containing a gymnasium, pool, high altitude chamber, theatrette and indoors sports arena.

Souths officials were further infuriated to learn that a $10 million funding promise for Brookvale Oval - located in the heart of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's Warringah electorate - has been retained.

The Rabbitohs high performance centre was planned to be built in Heffron Park, with the funding to paid directly to Randwick City Council. Top league nursery Marcellin College was also slated to share the facility with Souths, who had banked upon moving their entire operation out of Redfern after the previous Labor Government pledged $16 million a month prior to the September election.



2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 31.97 seconds.