V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8813 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  19:46:59  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought it was great this morning on Sunrise (whoever it was) saying Australians don't want to know how the boats are stopped, they just want them stopped,

so I guess its ok to blow them out of the water as long as we aren't told about it

_Mvolvo

Edited by - falcon_cobra on 10 Jan 2014 19:56:27
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  07:21:31  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

[ Whether it was when Labor was in Government or now, the continual cheap shots from all sides for whatever they think might score a point or two has made Australian politics look very, very ordinary.

At this point in time, (and for the past few years) Australian politics IS very, very ordinary.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  13:34:37  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting question on ninemsn...

http://www.ninemsn.com.au/

VOTE
Should Australia continue asylum boat push-backs?

Yes: 55093

No: 8087
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  22:03:33  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Are ninemsn polls as representative and accurate as V8 Central polls?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  22:22:06  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't know Zac!
It's now 66175 to 9948.
One would assume (dangerous I know) that ninemsn polls are much harder to manipulate but...
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  08:21:43  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Don't know Zac!
It's now 66175 to 9948.
One would assume (dangerous I know) that ninemsn polls are much harder to manipulate but...

He's referring to sample bias.....Channel 9's demographics are older conservative, blue rinse set....you'd get a similar polling on 2GB etc....

Seems we are now at war with asylum seekers....and the public can't know the details.....nothing Orwellian going on there!

http://www.smh.com.au/national/abbotts-secretive-ways-have-gone-too-far-says-john-hewson-20140110-30mpq.html

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 13 Jan 2014 08:29:45
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  08:22:39  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Edit: Timed out-double posting thingy-me-bob!

Edited by - REM on 13 Jan 2014 08:23:45
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  10:42:29  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Don't know Zac!
It's now 66175 to 9948.

He's referring to sample bias.....Channel 9's demographics are older conservative, blue rinse set....you'd get a similar polling on 2GB etc....

Seems we are now at war with asylum seekers....and the public can't know the details.....nothing Orwellian going on there!

http://www.smh.com.au/national/abbotts-secretive-ways-have-gone-too-far-says-john-hewson-20140110-30mpq.html

But it's not channel 9, it's ninemsn...
There is a difference.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  14:35:54  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

LMAO! So the boats aren't reducing.... oh but they ARE reducing - must be Labors great policies then! Just remember, when KRudd got in there were far fewer boats than there are now. Just like there was less debt, less unemployment.....

I know, it was all the GFC. Or maybe the KFC = the Krudd Fiscal Cockup.

Abbott should have sent Krudd to Indonesia to explain why he was spying on them. He could have apologised to them too. You have to be good at something.

And there was much less debt when Abbott got in. As for you denying that the GFC had any effect on Australia. LOL.

Funny thing is the world is recovering but now Australia is in a budget crisis thanks to Abbott cutting everything. Oh except his mining mates get a tax break.

I suppose you're going to claim global conditions are why our economy is going down the ****ter. How rich.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  15:04:25  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

There is a difference.
Well, one's FTA TV and the other is non-subscription internet, but same owners and similar demographic. Those numbers in that poll (like 6-7 to 1 supporting "pushing back" boats) are representative of people who (1)logged onto ninemsn at the time the poll was conducted, and (2)voted in an online poll. If the issue became the major issue in an election campaign, IMHO the numbers would be around 50/50 - maybe slightly in favour of supporting the "pushing back" policy.

I'm getting all darwin/bundy/rusty obsessively pseudo-intellectual and wordy, so I'll stop.

Edited by - Zac on 13 Jan 2014 15:05:12
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  15:07:23  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

There is a difference.
Well, one's FTA TV and the other is non-subscription internet, but same owners and similar demographic. Those numbers in that poll (like 6-7 to 1 supporting "pushing back" boats) are representative of people who (1)logged onto ninemsn at the time the poll was conducted, and (2)voted in an online poll. If the issue became the major issue in an election campaign, IMHO the numbers would be around 50/50 - maybe slightly in favour of supporting the "pushing back" policy.

I'm getting all darwin/bundy/rusty obsessively pseudo-intellectual and wordy, so I'll stop.

I just think you're getting weird Unc!
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  15:52:08  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As weird as some poll results we've seen here lately? Or not quite so much?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  16:08:05  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

As weird as some poll results we've seen here lately? Or not quite so much?

Has someone hacked your account?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  18:01:49  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Such polls are open to abuse. Just clear your temporary internet files and vote again.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 13 Jan 2014 23:29:00
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  18:40:33  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

There is a difference.

You have always been given to superfluous prolix in your discourses Zac!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.14 seconds.