V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Feb 2014 :  23:48:57  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Government waste? Along with incompetence, it's probably the main reason Labor is no longer the government.

(Sent from my iPhone.)
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 22 Feb 2014 :  00:31:23  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good thing the Libs will add sky high unemployment to that list of failures when they get kicked out after 1 term.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2014 :  08:52:03  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Government waste? Along with incompetence, it's probably the main reason Labor is no longer the government.

(Sent from my iPhone.)

who defines what is waste Zaccy? health, education and welfare have never been core priorities for Menzies mob....and look at what Hokey is up to today.....

I always say....."if you don't believe in Govt then maybe you shouldn't run for it!"

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 22 Feb 2014 08:54:47
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 22 Feb 2014 :  12:24:11  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
FFS this country needs an all out war against politicians, their hanger on's and their parties.

We need some decent leadership and not one politician in this country has a ****ing clue

Zac.. not too much difference between the Joh days and this government.
They're full of liars, they're arrogant, one was corrupt and one is in it's own way of looking after mates and party faithful.
They are full of self importance and self interest and their ideology will make it even harder for normal people to get by.
They are on a mission to privatise anything they can which will once again destroy the governments revenue base which means normal people will again be asked to pick up the tab
They will tell blatant lies to cover up their own cost of living rises that they promised before the election wouldn't happen.

Howard has left a fantastic legacy for this country and even PJK when they sold of assets that made money.

Now Hockeynomics wants us to work till we're 70.
It's all right for those ****ing cock suckers like him that are leeches on society with fancy retirement packages that politicians receive after they ****ed the joint

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 22 Feb 2014 12:33:38
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2014 :  14:27:35  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Brace yourself Zac, I'm posting another link...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/21/gp-visits-or-the-gym-beware-being-softened-up-for-hard-choices

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 22 Feb 2014 :  14:47:52  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

(Sent from my iPhone.)

You want government waste? How about the $14 billion we spend in 4 years on fuel subsidies.

I don't hear the Libs crying waste about that... like they do about money to save jobs.

http://greens.org.au/sites/greens.org.au/files/ending_fossil_fuel_subsidies.pdf

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

(Sent from my iPhone.)

who defines what is waste Zaccy? health, education and welfare have never been core priorities for Menzies mob....and look at what Hokey is up to today.....

I always say....."if you don't believe in Govt then maybe you shouldn't run for it!"

Easy REM, the $5 million Tony spent on bomb proof BMWs isn't waste - because bombings are so common in suburban Canberra.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/12/11/07/07/pm-dumps-his-holden-for-bmw-report

Spending on anything other than the mates of the Layoff Lib MPs is a big waste. Improving schools? WASTE! Saving jobs? WASTE!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-22/mission-australia-cuts-70-jobs/5277218

quote:
A Mission Australia spokeswoman says the jobs market is tough, with 6 per cent unemployment and youth unemployment ranging from 15 per cent to 20 per cent in several major regions.

"Jobs growth has collapsed to its lowest level in more than 20 years, and the national unemployment rate has risen to 6 per cent," she said.

Welcome to Australia under the Layoff Libs!

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 23 Feb 2014 16:54:15
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 23 Feb 2014 :  17:06:49  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
More of Newman looking after his mates

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/mayors-combine-to-reject-developer-concessions-20140221-337tx.html

Had is arse handed to him on a platter in Redcliffe.
17% swing against the LNP.

If an election was held in Newmans seat he would have lost that as well.

Edited by - bigcol on 23 Feb 2014 20:45:59
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Feb 2014 :  21:56:08  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

who defines what is waste Zaccy?
I don't know who defines what is waste, but us voters ultimately decide who is more wasteful. Yes, Labor is the party that places greater importance on many of those things that improve the quality of life, but it doesn't ever seem to know what it can afford, and doesn't keep a close watch on what it spends. We can find examples of waste on all sides of politics, but Labor really tops the bill by a long way. You only have to look at the cycle of Australian politics over decades to see that Labor spends and the Coalition reels the spending back. I recall us going over this on here a few years ago, with the home insulation scheme and the BER being two of many examples of overspending and waste. There's no point going over all that again, and the same people would all still have the same views, I suspect.

Labor has always been good at big ideas and big spending, and that brings waste. The NBN is the biggest and most recent example. The NBN sounds wonderful with many benefits, but can we afford Labor's grand plan? The original cost estimate was $43 billion, revised down to $37 billion about a year later. It's since blown out to $73 billion. It's also running about way behind its scheduled program, having now passed only around 400,000 homes (not even 1/4 of what was estimated by the end of 2013), but worse than that, only around 1/4 of those homes have taken up NBN, meaning expected revenue will drop causing a further blowout. The Coalition's redesigned NBN has now been estimated to cost $29 billion. That figure will blow out, I'm sure, but it won't go anywhere near half that $73 billion. http://www.nbnco.com.au/about-us/media/news/strategic-review.html

There are many examples of Labor waste that sound too ridiculous to even list here, but I'll mention a few. Here's a recent one that's not too ridiculous to start with: http://www.smartcompany.com.au/finance/cashflow/35578-company-allegedly-trading-while-insolvent-scored-6-million-in-government-grants.html

Some of the little, but ridiculous ones:

* In 2010, Labor gave someone a $443,000 grant to study "the God of Hegel's post-Kantian idealism"
* Another Labor grant of $595,000 was given to "study reaching a better understanding of the self"
* Yet another grant of $160,000 was given to study "sexuality in Islamic interpretations of reproductive health technologies in Egypt"
* ..and one more to finish with: $164,000 was given for a study into "how urban media art can best respond to global climate change".

I'm not really defining waste, and I can't tell you who does, but I know waste when I see it.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 23 Feb 2014 :  22:59:45  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Still moaning about the past Zac?

We have plenty of Liberal incompetence from just the last week.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/scott-morrison-admits--information-he-gave-on-manus-riot-was-wrong-20140222-339hs.html

Should Morrison step down about lying to the media over the death at Manus Island? I think so.

The Liberals called for heads after preventable deaths with the insulation scheme. Now we have a preventable death - possibly a murder - inside a detention centre. Morrison needs to be held accountable.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Feb 2014 :  23:27:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, you're doing incompetence? I was doing waste. Future waste, mainly - NBN waste, and how best to minimise it.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 24 Feb 2014 :  00:26:39  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Abbott and Turnbulls 2 tin cans and piece of string NBN will cost as much if not more when their half arsed garbage has to be ripped out and started again

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 24 Feb 2014 :  13:42:21  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Oh, you're doing incompetence? I was doing waste. Future waste, mainly - NBN waste, and how best to minimise it.

Still haven't addressed Morrison's failure to protect refugees in custody. If the pink batts deaths needed a Royal commission then why does this need no comment whatsoever?

Sack messup Morrison.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Feb 2014 :  15:52:36  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I still haven't addressed Morrison's whatever it is, and it's been nearly 15 hours now? Sorry about that Chief. Just because you rant against the Australian Government in almost every one of your posts in this thread, and just because I criticise Labor doesn't make me a spokesman for the Liberal Party. If you want a dedicated Liberal supporter to defend Scott Morrison, try that armchair place. You might be able to wake up bundy who hasn't had anyone join his political discussions for nearly six months now.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 24 Feb 2014 :  17:06:32  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nope, still haven't addressed Morrison misleading the public about a death under the care of his ministry. But you did post your typical rant about years old things Labor did...

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/australia-asks-cambodia-to-take-asylum-seekers-amid-violent-crackdown-20140223-33amf.html

Speaking of embarrassing things, Australia is now trying to pass off its refugee problem to Cambodia. After whining about Malaysia now the Libs want to send refugees to burden one of the poorest nations on Earth, because we can't afford it here?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Feb 2014 :  17:13:13  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nope. You still don't get it. I'm critical of both sides of politics. A lot more so of Labor, but that doesn't make me a Liberal supporter. Read my previous post a few times and it might sink in - or maybe have a look back at any other posts I've made in this thread.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.38 seconds.