V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  12:32:48  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/government-it/coalition-lied-about-true-cost-of-nbn-jason-clare-20140218-hvcvh.html

Yawn, more lies from the coalition.

quote:
At the Tech Leaders forum on the Gold Coast on Sunday, federal MP Paul Fletcher admitted the Coalition's claim that Labor's NBN would cost more than $90 billion, not $37.4 billion as tabled by Labor, was wrong.

As for disrespecting troops, Shorten wasn't the one who cut their pay. That was ABBOTT. Called it "perfectly reasonable" to slash what we pay our heroic diggers.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-troops-going-to-the-middle-east-after-march-this-year-will-be-up-to-19000-worse-off/story-fn84fgcm-1226812301118

Guess you never heard the saying actions speak louder than words, aye LG.

If you read and understand the different zones properly you shouldn't have a problem with the new set up. Why should Joe Blow get the same amount of "danger money" (for want of a better term) as Jimmy Smith if Jimmy is dodging bullets all day and Jo is sitting in the coffee shop miles from the action.

Who is this LG bloke and why does he feel the need to disrespect out troops stopping pirates in the Gulf of Aden?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/03/tony-abbott-singles-out-carbon-tax-as-the-main-cause-of-qantas-woes

quote:
Tony Abbott – who is considering removing legislated foreign ownership restrictions on Qantas – claims Labor is threatening the airline’s ability to “still call Australia home” because it won’t repeal the carbon tax.

There you have it folks, Tony says the reason why QANTAS is in trouble is the carbon tax.

Tones said Holden is out because of the carbon tax - which they denied.

Then Tones said Toyota is out because of the carbon tax - which they denied.

Then Tones said that Alcoa are out because of the carbon tax - which they denied.

Now he's said QANTAS will be out because of the carbon tax - which they've denied.

Does Abbott have any other policy than blame Labor? Oh right, increasing unemployment by not assisting anyone.

LAYOFF LIBS.

Do you ever actually read what you write before you hit the 'post new reply' button because it certainly doesn't appear that way.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  14:26:01  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

^ ^ ^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

I know, Tony believes the carbon tax is responsible for everything. Must be true.

quote:
Do you ever actually read what you write before you hit the 'post new reply' button because it certainly doesn't appear that way.

Do you?

quote:
The Abbott Government will save millions of dollars by dividing Operation Slipper into three separate missions covering Afghanistan (Slipper), maritime operations in the Arabian Gulf (Operation Manitou) and support operations in the Gulf States (Operation Accordion).

Only the Operation Slipper part will be designated "warlike" and troops serving in Afghanistan will keep their campaign allowance of $200-a-day tax free.

The Navy frequently engages various pirates in the gulf, and you called that "sitting in a coffee shop". Disrespectful, no?

http://www.smh.com.au/national/australian-navy-ship-captures-somali-pirates-20131021-2vw3k.html

^^^ Here's something else to read before you post more.

http://www.news.com.au/national/aussie-raid-hits-pirates-in-arabian-sea-our-navy-leads-the-way-in-crushing-the-drug-barons/story-fncynjr2-1226789177511

^^^ Aussie naval personnel with guns out on a militant ship. Wait no, looks like a coffee shop to me.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-04/g4s-employee-contradicts-png-police-report-into-manus-riot/5295740

And more reports coming out of Manus. Will Messup Morrison resign?

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 04 Mar 2014 14:35:49
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  16:08:17  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You are the one calling those actions "coffee shop", not me.

The Gulf is a different sphere to Afghanistan/Iraq though.
I have friends and relatives who have very recently been engaged in both those areas of the operation and others and I would much rather take their word for it than someone whose ability seems to be online searches.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  16:28:43  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

You are the one calling those actions "coffee shop", not me.

The Gulf is a different sphere to Afghanistan/Iraq though.
I have friends and relatives who have very recently been engaged in both those areas of the operation and others and I would much rather take their word for it than someone whose ability seems to be online searches.

Do you ever actually read what you write before you hit the 'post new reply' button because it certainly doesn't appear that way...

quote:
If you read and understand the different zones properly you shouldn't have a problem with the new set up. Why should Joe Blow get the same amount of "danger money" (for want of a better term) as Jimmy Smith if Jimmy is dodging bullets all day and Jo is sitting in the coffee shop miles from the action.

Looks pretty dangerous, no?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  19:07:31  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You have a very weird concept of a coffee shop.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  20:14:34  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOL, you blokes are killing me (but you are spot on)

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  23:04:01  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Tony must too, because those guys bravely boarding a ship are going to receive the same wage cut as your coffee shop guy.

Now you see the problem? (Took a really long time to get you there...)

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  09:47:24  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Tony must too, because those guys bravely boarding a ship are going to receive the same wage cut as your coffee shop guy.

Now you see the problem? (Took a really long time to get you there...)

Wrong!

...and just by the way, the Defence Forces brass decided on the allowance structure, not Tony Abbott.

So, wrong again.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  23:14:07  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tut tut, blaming the army again are we?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-05/senator-nash-censured-amid-food-rating-fallout/5301036

More on the train wreck that is Fiona Nash. Did someone say incompetence? Now I wonder which one of LG and Zac will defend her... with Tony it will make three people in the whole country willing to do so.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  08:19:52  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh look, the defence fore payments have been forgotten about already!
Must have been that word, "wrong" which did it.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  08:51:23  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Murdoch after he got a billion dollar gift from our idiot governments managed to put 2 billion into an offshore tax haven
I read an article about 9 months ago about over half of the top 300 companies in USofA have their companies set up in tax havens and that the amount of tax they haven't paid is equivalent to Americas debt today.
It also went on to say that in Australia companies that have also set up in tax havens have avoided paying tax that is also equal to around our national debt.
Here is an article on another huge company not paying it's fair share of tax.
I think it's about time governments started governing for the very people that elect them.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/tax-deal-how-apple-shifts-its-billions-out-of-australia-20140306-347x9.html

EDIT

If Abbott thinks the timber industry are ultimate conservationists he needs to be committed to a mental health institution.
So if he's going let the timber industry destroy the Tasmanian forests how's that going to go with his Direct Action plan on attacking global warming seeing that his plan revolves around planting even more trees.
Enough of the pathetic slogans bring on an election
How about a Double Dissolution Tony or don't you have the guts to do it.
You'd have to complete ****ing idiot to support anything this ****ing germ is doing

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbotts-speech-splits-brokers-of-tasmanian-forest-agreement-20140305-347of.html

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 06 Mar 2014 09:08:37
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  10:55:52  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And with that, Tony does what he usually does and says something so odd that you can only laugh at. "You know the great thing about trees? You can make stuff out of them".
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  11:59:31  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Oh look, the defence fore payments have been forgotten about already!
Must have been that word, "wrong" which did it.

Ha ha, you sure ain't living in this universe. First LG says only the soldiers in coffee shops will get the cuts... then when he realizes guys actually risking their lives to board ships are getting the cuts, suddenly its the Army's fault.

...Not the fault of Tones who wants massive budget cuts.

Good. Now that's sorted, which one do you want to defend now - Nash being corrupt? Tony pledging to destroy some of the national parks?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  13:17:42  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
More on the train wreck that is Fiona Nash. Did someone say incompetence? Now I wonder which one of LG and Zac will defend her... with Tony it will make three people in the whole country willing to do so.

How 'bout you do some defending of your own? Not of any political party or any politician, just some of your own rants that are hard to take seriously. FWIW, I've said numerous times that I'm not some spokesman for the Coalition. I don't have a high opinion of our current government at all. It's not much higher than my opinion of the previous government, so if you think I'm going to defend every thing every Liberal or National Party MP or senator says or does, you'll need to find someone else. It'll eventually sink in.

BTW, did you see that after you did one of your usual 'Lots of heat but no light at all' rants about Tony Abbott saying that "QANTAS will be out because of the carbon tax" (it's not what he said, but your mind has trouble interpreting the written and spoken word), within hours QANTAS decided that the carbon tax was a large part of its current losses? http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/qantas-blames-woes-on-carbon-tax/story-e6frg95x-1226845877582

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  13:34:52  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

BTW, did you see that after you did one of your usual 'Lots of heat but no light at all' rants about Tony Abbott saying that "QANTAS will be out because of the carbon tax" (it's not what he said, but your mind has trouble interpreting the written and spoken word), within hours QANTAS decided that the carbon tax was a large part of its current losses? http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/qantas-blames-woes-on-carbon-tax/story-e6frg95x-1226845877582
that little Irish prick wouldn't know if you were up him until you breathed on his neck.

You know what I reckon, Tony to 'Irish' "listen Irish, if you contradict your statement about the Carbon Tax I will ensure things go your way in Parliament - deal?"

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 06 Mar 2014 13:35:57
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.67 seconds.