V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  15:24:57  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac
BTW, did you see that after you did one of your usual 'Lots of heat but no light at all' rants about Tony Abbott saying that "QANTAS will be out because of the carbon tax" (it's not what he said, but your mind has trouble interpreting the written and spoken word), within hours QANTAS decided that the carbon tax was a large part of its current losses? http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/qantas-blames-woes-on-carbon-tax/story-e6frg95x-1226845877582

Read the article.

quote:
but also contradicts a Qantas spokesman who last week said: “Qantas’s current issues are not related to carbon pricing.”

We now have 2 contradictory statements.

Seems you are the one with the issue interpreting the written and spoken word.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/qantas-repeal-bill-faces-senate-turbulence/story-e6frg95x-1226846715334

Also we have an interesting phone call before the change of heart.

quote:
The debate came after Joe Hockey denied pressuring Qantas to reverse an earlier position on the carbon tax during a phone call with chief executive Alan Joyce yesterday.

Maybe you should check the rest of the news before you post another 'Lots of heat but no light at all' defense of Tony Abbott.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 06 Mar 2014 15:25:33
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  16:29:34  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

[quote]Maybe you should check the rest of the news before you post another 'Lots of heat but no light at all' defense of Tony Abbott.
It's defence - unless you're drifting into American English. This is Australia. Maybe it's your auto correct again. A bad workman blaming his tools and all that. Anyway, my defence of Tony Abbott? You'll have to highlight some examples.

Your reference to the written and spoken word is pretty funny. It appears you didn't read your own link. Here it is again, so you can read it again. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/qantas-repeal-bill-faces-senate-turbulence/story-e6frg95x-1226846715334 I don't know if you'll interpret it any differently a second time, but maybe you'll understand it better by repetition.

Trev, if Alan Joyce was the best CEO QANTAS could find, you'd have to have concerns about the QANTAS board. They've even given him salary increases while the company profits were disappearing. He was on $5,000,000+ p.a. last time figures were published (2012), as well as being given around $1,700,000 QANTAS shares as part of an incentive scheme. OTOH, I don't know of many airlines trading profitably once government subsidies aren't part of the bottom line. Warren Buffett, perhaps the world's wealthiest and most astute investor says: "Every now and then I think about investing in airlines - but then I lie down until the feeling goes away."

I don't know about Abbott helping things going Joyce's way in parliament. So far, any Government plans wouldn't pass the Senate - not until the new Senate comes along, and maybe not then either. Already the Government has ruled out any government subsidy and has knocked back Joyce's dream of an unsecured loan.

Edited by - Zac on 06 Mar 2014 16:34:36
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  18:31:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Oh look, the defence fore payments have been forgotten about already!
Must have been that word, "wrong" which did it.

Ha ha, you sure ain't living in this universe. First LG says only the soldiers in coffee shops will get the cuts... then when he realizes guys actually risking their lives to board ships are getting the cuts, suddenly its the Army's fault.

...Not the fault of Tones who wants massive budget cuts.

Good. Now that's sorted, which one do you want to defend now - Nash being corrupt? Tony pledging to destroy some of the national parks?

If you can actually show where I said that then perhaps it's time for some extra schooling.
Not where you think I said it, but where I actually said it!
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  22:06:07  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

BTW, did you see that after you did one of your usual 'Lots of heat but no light at all' rants about Tony Abbott saying that "QANTAS will be out because of the carbon tax" (it's not what he said, but your mind has trouble interpreting the written and spoken word), within hours QANTAS decided that the carbon tax was a large part of its current losses? http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/qantas-blames-woes-on-carbon-tax/story-e6frg95x-1226845877582
that little Irish prick wouldn't know if you were up him until you breathed on his neck.

You know what I reckon, Tony to 'Irish' "listen Irish, if you contradict your statement about the Carbon Tax I will ensure things go your way in Parliament - deal?"

Actually he probably would know you were up him, seeing he bats for the other team.
Wonder if Tony knows that Joyce is a homo sexual.
Tony would be wondering if can catch something from shaking his hand.

About 2 years ago the ABC i think it was 4 Corners ran an story on Jetstar and QANTAS.
Basically it said that the QANTAS board and Joyce was bleeding QANTAS to make Jetstars bottom line look better and to try and skirt the ownership rules.
QANTAS owned planes given to Jetstar at no cost. Maintenance on Jetstar planes being billed to QANTAS and QANTAS paying for fuel going into Jetstar planes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-QiPB7C-EA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WSJop5sG2c#t=33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kji8arr7l0U

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

shr
Team Manager

Australia
2538 Posts
joined 02 Feb 07

Posted - 07 Mar 2014 :  08:39:22  Show Profile Send shr a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Joyce was part of Ansett, those of you who know should remember what happened there. It's unfortunate that when "big" business in this country are doing it tuff the best solution is to move it overseas at the cost of local jobs, & in this instant not one mention from Abbott or any part of his mp's have mentioned that Joyce should resign his position. In the end the people at the top look after them selves & there "mates" and usually go out of there way to Invent an excuse.

Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 07 Mar 2014 :  09:57:50  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Think this thread should be moved to the "Humour" section.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 07 Mar 2014 :  13:49:53  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/06/qantas-carbon-tax-bill-has-been-covered-by-ticket-surcharge

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 07 Mar 2014 :  21:24:56  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Speech of the year....easily! http://junkee.com/tony-abbott-slammed-by-greens-senator-in-jaw-dropping-speech-of-the-year-we-want-our-country-back/30146

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 07 Mar 2014 :  23:18:18  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by shr

Joyce was part of Ansett, those of you who know should remember what happened there. It's unfortunate that when "big" business in this country are doing it tuff the best solution is to move it overseas at the cost of local jobs, & in this instant not one mention from Abbott or any part of his mp's have mentioned that Joyce should resign his position. In the end the people at the top look after them selves & there "mates" and usually go out of there way to Invent an excuse.

Biggest problem for Ansett was the purchase of it by a company that was about tenth of the size of it and when it was passed the new owners, Air New Zealand ran into the ground and some of the stuff they did was bordering on fraudulent.
It was that bad Ansett at one stage was paying the entire fuel bill of Air New Zealand. Engineers had to go cap in hand to QANTAS for spare parts because they had been loaded up and shipped to New Zealand.

Yep Joyce was part of that. You can now see why QANTAS is in the poo not that long after posting hundreds of millions in profits.
He's not the only one that should go. The whole QANTAS board should be sacked.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 08 Mar 2014 :  16:29:55  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Words from Tony's mate Gina "Get off your arse's and start inheriting your own stuff, losers!!!"

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 08 Mar 2014 16:31:53
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 10 Mar 2014 :  08:53:31  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Speech of the year....easily! http://junkee.com/tony-abbott-slammed-by-greens-senator-in-jaw-dropping-speech-of-the-year-we-want-our-country-back/30146

I had a read of the posted comments in that link. By comparison, they make 27GV seem calm and rational.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 10 Mar 2014 :  11:17:17  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I agree with the we want our country back.

But it's not just Abbott that should be listening... all politicians should be listening

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 11 Mar 2014 :  22:36:28  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
While we have both sides bitching about what to do with Qantas, up here we have a water leak from one of Santos waste water pits that contains uranium, and the only action that a government body has done is issue a $1500 dollar fine. I'm not an enviro nut by any means, but shouldn't all of these CSG projects be put on hold until we know more about the process, and what is involved in the process?

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/santos-coal-seam-gas-project-contaminating-aquifer-in-use-after-two-years-20140310-34h9f.html
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  01:43:24  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by REM

I had a read of the posted comments in that link. By comparison, they make 27GV seem calm and rational.

Hmmmm someone's grumpy today. Maybe you should have taken up the romantic services of Moy, as AlbertM suggested a few months ago...

Anyway, here's what the world as it exists outside Zac's head has to say.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  08:51:45  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, it's funny. I like Tandberg. Meanwhile, in the world outside Zac's head, polling shows Abbott and the Coalition's popularity rising while for Bill Short-term (I didn't think that one up, I'm seeing it in the media) and the Opposition, it's falling. Weird, eh?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/bill-shorten-and-labor-go-backwards-newspoll/story-fn59niix-1226850857148#

"Everything is breaking against him. He is going from Electricity Bill to Bill Short-Circuit. Or Bill Short-term."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/bill-shorten-hamstrung-by-union-ties-20140212-32i54.html#ixzz2vgox5Odo

Edited by - Zac on 12 Mar 2014 08:54:39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.67 seconds.