V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  09:41:55  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Those polls will certainly turn for the worse for Abbott if he keeps disregarding Australian jobs

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/rort-fears-as-457-visa-loophole-reopened-20140311-34kgr.html

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  10:30:32  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I keep saying it, this will be a one term government

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  13:40:22  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, there is $25 million saved that Labor would of wasted.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/coalition-bailout-refusal-saved-spc-ardmona-company-boss-peter-kelly-believes/story-fnii5s3x-1226851942406

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  13:45:35  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev
I keep saying it, this will be a one term government
You may well be right, but I wouldn't be calling it just yet.

978 - and counting

(And for Col: 462 and counting)
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  16:32:47  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good on the Australian for hiding the fact Newspoll still has Labor ahead of the LNP. Maybe we need to be as entitled as Zaccy boy to own a subscription and see that part, huh?

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/come-in-workers-457-loophole-opened-up-20140311-34kgh.html

Thankfully Dull Tone will offer that opportunity to hundreds of thousands of foreigners by opening a loophole in the 457 visa. Layoff Libs living up to their name.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  17:16:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Good on the Australian for hiding the fact Newspoll still has Labor ahead of the LNP. Maybe we need to be as entitled as Zaccy boy to own a subscription and see that part, huh?
I heard it on AM on the ABC (8c a day, they tell us) before I checked The Australian website, and btw, you can read that link without subscribing. It's not difficult.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  18:11:05  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

Well, there is $25 million saved that Labor would of wasted.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/coalition-bailout-refusal-saved-spc-ardmona-company-boss-peter-kelly-believes/story-fnii5s3x-1226851942406

The way the Coalition is gambling with Australian jobs they had to strike it lucky somewhere.

Still going to lose Alcoa, Holden and Toymotor.

Oh and The Vic state Libs gave SPC the cash anyway, the tax payer took the hit anyway.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 12 Mar 2014 18:15:53
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  18:42:04  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM
Oh and The Vic state Libs gave SPC the cash anyway, the tax payer took the hit anyway.
No. SPC Ardmona wanted $50 million of government funding. $25 million each from the Feds and the State. CCA said they would then commit $150 million and the place would survive. SPC got nothing from the Federal Government, a conditional $22 mill from the Victorian Government, and Coca Cola Amatil are now going with $75 million - and SPC are delighted. Great, eh?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  21:42:30  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
a conditional $22 mill from the Victorian Government

No? Fair dinkum Zac, you're really scraping now.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  22:05:21  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wouldn't it be easier just to say you were wrong, instead of scraping?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  22:13:47  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Umm, I said the Vic government gave them the money, you said the same. Please explain how I was wrong, or are we both wrong?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  22:53:35  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Would you rather "take a hit" for $50 million, or take part of a "hit" for $22 million?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 12 Mar 2014 :  23:39:08  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You dig up, not down...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 13 Mar 2014 :  00:11:00  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Yeah, it's funny. I like Tandberg. Meanwhile, in the world outside Zac's head, polling shows Abbott and the Coalition's popularity rising while for Bill Short-term (I didn't think that one up, I'm seeing it in the media) and the Opposition, it's falling. Weird, eh?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/bill-shorten-and-labor-go-backwards-newspoll/story-fn59niix-1226850857148#

"Everything is breaking against him. He is going from Electricity Bill to Bill Short-Circuit. Or Bill Short-term."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/bill-shorten-hamstrung-by-union-ties-20140212-32i54.html#ixzz2vgox5Odo

So it's fine to hurl abuse so long as you quote it, eh LG?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Mar 2014 :  08:05:40  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Hurl abuse" Somewhat exaggerated and inaccurate.

While you are having trouble expressing yourself with the written word, and Albie is having trouble understanding the written word, it might be better all round if we stuck to the topic of the 'General Libs vs ALP thread'.

Here we go: I've been having a listen to 'Polly' - Alan Jones (in very short bursts) this week. The first (non-advertising) words I heard him say this morning were "Thank God for Senator Cory Bernardi". I didn't stick around to hear what led him to say that. Back to the ABC in time for the 7am News. The headlines were a replay of Ken Henry (economist and public servant) voicing his anti-Abbott and Hockey views (a replay from the ABC's 7.30 Report last night). No other media, apart from the ABC and Fairfax has found that newsworthy - certainly not headline making. We really need a news organisation that is non-biased, and not a mouthpiece for either of the two main political forces in Australia. We used to have one with the ABC, but not many under the age of around 50 would remember that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.88 seconds.