V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  15:23:15  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sinodinos has been sinning!

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/assistant-treasurer-arthur-sinodinos-stands-down-from-frontbench-20140319-351tw.html

quote:

Assistant Treasurer Arthur Sinodinos has stepped aside from the frontbench after political pressure over business dealings that are before a NSW anti-corruption inquiry.

The ICAC inquiry heard on Monday that Senator Sinodinos, then NSW treasurer of the Liberal Party, was installed on the board of the Obeid-linked AWH in 2008 "to open lines of communication with the Liberal Party".

It heard that Senator Sinodinos, who was earning $200,000 a year for "a couple of week's work", stood to enjoy a "$10 or $20 million payday" if AWH had won a lucrative contract with the NSW government.

Hmm, why am I reminded or Craig Thompson... except 20 million is a bit more than a few grand on hookers. First of may LNP resignations to come.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  19:44:57  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/assistant-treasurer-arthur-sinodinos-stands-down-from-frontbench-20140319-351tw.html

quote:

Assistant Treasurer Arthur Sinodinos has stepped aside from the frontbench after political pressure over business dealings that are before a NSW anti-corruption inquiry.

The ICAC inquiry heard on Monday that Senator Sinodinos, then NSW treasurer of the Liberal Party, was installed on the board of the Obeid-linked AWH in 2008 "to open lines of communication with the Liberal Party".

It heard that Senator Sinodinos, who was earning $200,000 a year for "a couple of week's work", stood to enjoy a "$10 or $20 million payday" if AWH had won a lucrative contract with the NSW government.

Hmm, why am I reminded or Craig Thompson... except 20 million is a bit more than a few grand on hookers. First of may LNP resignations to come.

Yay for May...! May-day...come on in spinner!!!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  20:43:57  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

It's getting up towards the lower numbers of Eddie Obeid territory with numbers like that - except Obeid has been found to be corrupt while Sinodinos only has the suspicion of it - so far. Whatever, it's well above Craig Thomson's (no 'p' in Thomson) tawdry stuff. Anyway, Sinodinos has stood aside and we'll see how he goes as a witness at ICAC. IF ICAC decide to make him more than a witness, and IF ICAC make him appear to defend charges, and IF he is found by ICAC to have acted corruptly, he should then have charges laid and face a court. IF he is then found guilty, he should be penalised to the full extent of the court's powers - but that's some way to go yet. Let's not do your usual over-reacting performance just yet.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  22:48:30  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's comical seeing the boot on the other foot.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  23:00:47  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Unless you're a dedicated "I just vote on the issues" kind of guy, it should be depressing more than comical, regardless of any boots or feet.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  11:13:50  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

How Abbott can support this slimy prick defies all logic.

Tony, your buddy is dirty and should be in prison!!

He is no different than Eddie Obeid!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  14:37:24  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Unless you're a dedicated "I just vote on the issues" kind of guy, it should be depressing more than comical, regardless of any boots or feet.

What happened to "we can go back to 'General Libs vs ALP'..."

Are you starting a new game?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  18:04:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm not trying to chase your record of being pinged nearly 50 times for off-topic posts - not even with your help, so I'll leave you right there.
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

I reckon he should be chucked in prison for at least 20 years. After that, we could see if we can charge him with whatever it might be, and if he's found guilty, send him back in. Jail before justice, I say - and after it, as well.
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  18:33:29  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Exactly...both sides of politics are hopeless and we should demand and receive much better from our elected representatives.

They should be held to a higher standard and set a good example for everyone if they want to be referred to as "Honourable".

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  19:43:43  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I'm not trying to chase your record of being pinged nearly 50 times for off-topic posts - not even with your help, so I'll leave you right there.

OMG! Posting off topic on 1 of millions of internet forums, what ever shall I do???

Considering you spend most of your time hanging off me, I can't make a post without some snide personal comment from you. When called out you cry off topic. Suck it up princess.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 21 Mar 2014 :  07:41:32  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

If he has done wrong, then throw the book at him, I just hope that the investigation is not dragged out, like the Craig Thomson debacle, for years. Oh wait that won't happen because the Libs don't rely on him to hold power!

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 21 Mar 2014 :  11:04:03  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

I reckon he should be chucked in prison for at least 20 years. After that, we could see if we can charge him with whatever it might be, and if he's found guilty, send him back in. Jail before justice, I say - and after it, as well.

Zac, if he had been able to keep this quiet, Sinodinos would have reaped a $20M windfall!! He was involved in the inner workings of an 'organisation' that was negotiating a deal with another 'organisation' he was involved in, and really, his name is on both, what part of the guilt ethic are you having trouble with?

Anybody who does not see an issue with the lies and deceit involved here really has some social ethics problems!

Abbott doesn't have an issue with people lying, because he does it himself!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Mar 2014 :  12:00:02  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My problem with the "guilt ethic" is that no guilt has been found. When/if guilt has been proven, let's hope he is given a suitably heavy punishment. Like Madaz said, politicians should set a good example to be called "Honourable", and I'm not seeing too much that is honourable anywhere in Australian politics atm.

I know little about Arthur Sinidinos, and what I have seen doesn't show me a man deserving of all the praise he's getting from his side of politics, but I'll let ICAC and any possible further legal action take it's course before assuming he's guilty of attempted fraud of millions of dollars.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Mar 2014 :  17:38:38  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/mar/21/questions-for-tony-abbott

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 23 Mar 2014 :  00:47:03  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/government-cleaners-face-wage-cut-20140322-35adc.html

quote:
Some of the country's lowest-paid workers could lose almost a quarter of their weekly wages in changes quietly introduced by the Abbott government.

Thousands of workers will be hit by the changes, which will strip $172 to $225 a week from pockets of full-time contract cleaners of government buildings.

The regulations are a form of collective bargaining introduced by Labor that lift the wages of workers hired by businesses that win government cleaning contracts by $4.53 to $5.93 an hour above the minimum wage. This takes a wage from $664 to $836 for a 38-hour week at level 1, and from $724 to $950 at level 3.

Good thing brave Tony is going to take it from the workers and give it to Gina in the form of tax cuts.

What begins with W and killed Howard's 2007 election chances? No, not George W.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.38 seconds.