V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 16 Apr 2014 :  19:34:16  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

It looks like we will be getting a new premier, all because of a $3000 bottle of vintage Grange.

I may be a bit cock-eyed on this but I genuinely do not believe Barry deliberately tried to mislead anybody with this.

I'm usually the hanging judge with things like this, but it has a different feel to what we have been watching for the last couple of years.

I think it was an unselfish act to stand down, something many much bigger scumbags in politics should have done!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 16 Apr 2014 :  19:55:56  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Loving Abbott's dummy spit response today.....can't hide that cobra like personality fault for ever...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  01:15:18  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just when you thought all politicians had no ethics along comes Barry and quits over a bottle of plonk.

My elected LNP representative just hangs his wedding tackle in it

Just goes to show that Barry did have some ethics.
Now we come to Campbell Newman who was asking 5 grand so this clown tied up with Obeids dodgy water company can get some time with him.
Newman gets this money paid into an account that isn't linked and has nothing to do with any of the LNP fund raising.
Newman hangs one to this coin for quite a length of time and then the LNP repay the money once it becomes public that Newman has been caught out.
Any wonder why the LNP have been trying to dismantle the Crime and Misconduct Commission.

Time Newman resigned.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  04:41:57  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/barry-ofarrell-resigns-after-being-caught-out-over-bottle-of-wine-20140416-36qpg.html

Ahahaha! The wine is mightier than the sword?

Labor has faceless men to remove its leaders and the LNP has ICAC to do the job instead.

Barry down, Campbell to go.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Iggle Piggle
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
360 Posts
joined 16 Dec 11

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  12:34:02  Show Profile Send Iggle Piggle a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't understand people saying he quit because he received a bottle of wine - I thought he quit because he lied to ICAC about receiving the bottle of wine?

_Maluminium-bonnet
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  13:17:32  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
that is correct Iggle

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Iggle Piggle
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
360 Posts
joined 16 Dec 11

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  13:27:35  Show Profile Send Iggle Piggle a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't know much about it but seems a bit silly to me.

I figure you have to assume ICAC already know the answer to every question they ask, so why lie?

And if he hadn't lied, I figure they would have found as much as he did not declare it he also has not done anything corrupt or allowed the gift to influence any decision he has made.

Feel sorry for him if he genuinely does not remember receiving it, but we have seen far too many politicians and others with selective memory that no one believes that anymore. "I honestly don't recall..." these days just reeks of dishonesty.

Now if it had been a bottle of Absinthe I might actually believe he does not remember it.

_Maluminium-bonnet
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  15:44:58  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Iggle Piggle

I don't understand people saying he quit because he received a bottle of wine - I thought he quit because he lied to ICAC about receiving the bottle of wine?

Also he didn't declare the bottle in his interests when he received it. Then his memory slipped and it now looks like he was covering it up.

Shame, He was doing alright in NSW.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  15:52:30  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Remember George Costanza, Albie.

Here's a pretty succinct summing up of 'Grange Gate' from a media outlet and journalist not known for any bias towards the Libs or B O'F.

http://www.crikey.com.au/2014/04/16/ofarrell-and-nsw-voters-pay-the-price-for-an-inexplicable-lapse/?wpmp_switcher=mobile
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  17:18:42  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Senior Navy officer loses command over incursion into Indonesian waters during Operation Sovereign Borders

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-17/navy-officer-demoted-over-incursions-during-asylum-seeker-op/5397586

Ouch. A naval officer paid the price for Abbott's refugee policy. Career over after Abbott's Operation Sovereign Borders put our armed forces at risk.

Methinks risking the lives of our navy is more of a reason to resign than some grange... Morrison?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  21:15:08  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What fictional character should I be relying on this time Zac?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 19 Apr 2014 :  10:36:49  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Senior Navy officer loses command over incursion into Indonesian waters during Operation Sovereign Borders

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-17/navy-officer-demoted-over-incursions-during-asylum-seeker-op/5397586

Ouch. A naval officer paid the price for Abbott's refugee policy. Career over after Abbott's Operation Sovereign Borders put our armed forces at risk.

Methinks risking the lives of our navy is more of a reason to resign than some grange... Morrison?

This goes all the way to top.
I'd nearly bet my left one they did this under orders from the Navy boss and Morrison.
Time he vacated the position as well

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 21 Apr 2014 :  21:33:14  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Iggle Piggle

Don't know much about it but seems a bit silly to me.

I figure you have to assume ICAC already know the answer to every question they ask, so why lie?

And if he hadn't lied, I figure they would have found as much as he did not declare it he also has not done anything corrupt or allowed the gift to influence any decision he has made.

Feel sorry for him if he genuinely does not remember receiving it, but we have seen far too many politicians and others with selective memory that no one believes that anymore. "I honestly don't recall..." these days just reeks of dishonesty.

Now if it had been a bottle of Absinthe I might actually believe he does not remember it.

They had just won an election after about 16 years in opposition, his wife's father died about the same time, he didn't remember the bottle of wine Iggledy-piggeldly, pretty honest mistake.

I have been living in NSW for the last two years and genuinely believe Barry was moving NSW forward, and he struck me as a genuine honest bloke, one of very few in any Coalition party/government.

It pisses me off that Barry loses his job over a forgotten bottle of wine but the corrupt bastards who set him up are going to walk away scott free, with hundreds of millions of NSWs taxpayers dollars!!

ICAC is flawed to allow colatural damage to win out when the Obeids and Guerolimos? lot get to walk around free!!

Campbell Newman is a whole new bag of earth worms, we all new he was on the nose when he made changes to property zonibgs that benefitted his wife's family when he was Lord Mayor of Brisbane!! Anna Blagh could have made real mileage out of that but in typical Labor fashion, botched it up! ha ha

His days are numbered I hope!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 23 Apr 2014 :  11:56:18  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/22860658/australia-to-spend-12-4b-on-fighter-jets/

Yay, The Abbott government have gone and ordered 58 more F-35s.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 23 Apr 2014 :  15:37:43  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You mean the plane the head of the program said was "not yet good enough"?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-23/australia-to-buy-58-more-joint-strike-fighters/5405236

Another instance of Abbott offering 3rd best to the Aussie people. How many of the $6 GP visits will this cost?

"Budget emergency" hahaha

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 11.8 seconds.