V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 590

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 07 Jun 2014 :  11:24:25  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Did anyone see/hear Bob Hawke and John Howard perform at the National Press Club last Wednesday? They're working together as a team, much like Gough and Malcolm, or Statler and Waldorf. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14njUwJUg1I Sorry, wrong one. Here we go... http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/factionalism-disease-affects-politics-john-howard-20140604-39ip6.html

Not really - their closer relationship IMO more comes from age and a mutual respect for what it took to reach the top office and hold onto it and what they achieved individually. Although I will say that on international policies they seem to be a lot closer; not that I understood too well their differences before this address though.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16060 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  00:51:19  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

17 years to pay off a Medicine degree is pretty good.

Whats so good about it?

Abbotts generation paid nothing, Hockey paid $250!!

Its ****ing disgusting that this country no longer educates its people like it did when all those in power got it for nothing!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  02:46:30  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://m.afr.com/p/national/keeping_carbon_tax_could_avert_controversial_GUxwmdmZun3nDS9dPy7ufL

Keeping carbon tax could avert controversial budget cuts

Ahahah looks like the Great Satan that was the Carbon Tax could actually lead the country into surplus.

Days are numbered for Toxic Tony.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9922 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  10:16:34  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Days are numbered for Toxic Tony.
Less than a month to go now.
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  13:35:11  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know you're taking the piss Zac but a lot of people forget that when Abbott defeated Turnbull for the Liberal leadership it was a margin of 1 vote.

Now Turnbull probably doesn't have the numbers at the moment but after the disastrous budget that Abbott has failed to sell maybe Turnbull's numbers are on the rise again.

Abbott/Turnbull is just another Rudd/Gillard waiting to happen. I personally don't think Abbott will make it to the next election as PM.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion

Edited by - Madaz on 08 Jun 2014 13:36:54
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  14:20:05  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

I know you're taking the piss Zac but a lot of people forget that when Abbott defeated Turnbull for the Liberal leadership it was a margin of 1 vote.

Now Turnbull probably doesn't have the numbers at the moment but after the disastrous budget that Abbott has failed to sell maybe Turnbull's numbers are on the rise again.

A budget that has had to reign in spending by 1% of GDP to force down debt is never something that can be easily sold.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22433 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  21:16:41  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just watched Clive Palmer make an absolute idiot out of Mike Willesee!
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11209 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 09 Jun 2014 :  00:06:19  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Just watched Clive Palmer make an absolute idiot out of Mike Willesee!

It was a very interesting interview.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22433 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 09 Jun 2014 :  11:05:47  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Palmer often acts like a buffoon but he really is one smart fella.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 09 Jun 2014 :  12:18:29  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/06/07/bricklayers-tilers-chefs-added-skilled-migration-program

Abbott staying true to his toxic form. Tells Aussie kids to go to work and then gives the jobs to foreigners on 457s.

This guy seems to represent everyone but Australians.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11209 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 09 Jun 2014 :  12:24:50  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mike Willesee did everything right and Clive somehow outsmarted one of the best journos in Australia. That doesn't happen often.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13395 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 09 Jun 2014 :  13:09:53  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is just about these arseholes in the Lieberal party trying to force down our standard of living while all their business owner mates and filthy rich news paper owners shaft the rest of Australia.

This current form of Liberal party should be put out to pasture for about 30 years. Their extreme right wing attitudes and the looking after your rich mates garbage they go on with will totally destroy this country.

It's copped enough of a battering through the last few years because labor didn't have the balls to get rid of Howards middle class welfare and labor could have tried a lot harder at getting us back into surplus.

There isn't a country on this planet that has returned a country to surplus through austerity measures.
The brain dead idiots in the QLD government still haven't worked this out.
In their first year after killing the economy and slashing and burning everything they returned a 6 billion dollar deficit and last year a 2.7 billion dollar deficit. Even after all their supposed savings they still can't balance the books.
They've added 9 billion and counting to the debt. So much for Newmans, Nichols and that gutless wonder Seeneys promises before the election

The best way to get out of debt is to build an economy and make it grow. Not put the brakes on it.
These imbeciles in QLD now want to sell off the assets that Qld tax payers own. Presumable to more of their rich mates or in Noddy Newmans case his wifes family and his developer mates.
So they're going to sell 35 billion worth of assets, pay down 25 billion debt and spend 8 billion on new infrastructure.
So if you believe Costellos not so independent bunch of lies (which most leading economists don't) that still leaves us with 45 billion dollar debt. Which at 5% interest is 2.25 billion a year. 5% interest is the figure that the government is bandying about and you'd have to be an idiot, if you didn't know that governments borrow money at way less then market prices.
So they're going to sell off assets that return to the tax payer around 5 billion per year. Even if they only sell off what they said within 5 years the QLD tax payers will be well and truly behind the eight ball when it comes to revenue.
So once these economic fools have finished we will have a smaller revenue base. So the next thing will be increased taxes and charges.

Bring on the federal and state elections to most people they can't come fast enough

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 09 Jun 2014 :  14:05:35  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A $4 billion dollar interest bill each year compared to a Federal interest bill of $12 billion each year is pretty bad considering the size of Queensland compared to the rest of Australia, no?

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9922 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 Jun 2014 :  16:02:32  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Palmer often acts like a buffoon but he really is one smart fella.
I often see him acting like a buffoon, but I don't see the smart side too often - if at all. Mike Carlton says it better than me:

"Like many stonkingly rich people, Clive Palmer displays two grand delusions. One: that great wealth automatically confers great wisdom. Two: that his antics are endlessly fascinating to us lesser folk. He is entirely wrong about the first. In additional proof I give you that American fruit-loop, Donald Trump, and our very own Gina Rinehart.

He may be partly right about that second delusion. In his slender youth, Palmer learnt the tricks of massaging the media at the feet of no less than Sir Joh Bjelke-Peterson, a grand master of the art. "Feeding the chooks' the old crook used to call it, in his sly, yokel way.

All it takes is colour and movement. Announce that you are going to build a replica of the Titanic, or turn up at Parliament in a vintage Rolls Royce. Works every time, and you can count on short memories. It's been a while since we heard of the Titanic project.

It's rather more difficult to discover what - if anything, Clive Palmer actually stands for beyond trick populism. Although when you name your political party after yourself you are giving away a pretty big clue. Lately I've been tossing around a few metaphors to fit the man. One, that here is a great big bladder of gas that will eventually crash and burn like that ill-fated Zeppelin, the Hindenburg. But I like my second one better: Palmer as a tout in sideshow alley. Roll up, only $10 to see The Bearded Lady, The Mexican Midget, The Two-Headed Gorilla. In the darkness of the tent you realise it's done with smoke and mirrors - but it's too late. Clive has already got your money." SMH, 07/06/'14

Edited by - Zac on 09 Jun 2014 16:04:36
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13395 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 10 Jun 2014 :  07:50:05  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

A $4 billion dollar interest bill each year compared to a Federal interest bill of $12 billion each year is pretty bad considering the size of Queensland compared to the rest of Australia, no?

That's crap just like the Costello report it's based on and you ****ing well know that.
They've said it was 80 billion 2 years ago, haven't paid any of it off and added over 8 billion to it yet it is still 80 billion.
Governments don't borrow a market rates so the 4 billion is in their imagination.
Using your figures that would mean the federal government is only in debt for 240 billion

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 590 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 9.94 seconds.