V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Jun 2014 :  23:10:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

A $4 billion dollar interest bill each year compared to a Federal interest bill of $12 billion each year is pretty bad considering the size of Queensland compared to the rest of Australia, no?

That's crap just like the Costello report it's based on and you ****ing well know that.
They've said it was 80 billion 2 years ago, haven't paid any of it off and added over 8 billion to it yet it is still 80 billion.
Governments don't borrow a market rates so the 4 billion is in their imagination.
Using your figures that would mean the federal government is only in debt for 240 billion

Don't forget Bligh lost our AAA rating

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 11 Jun 2014 :  09:17:55  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
AAA rating means jack shyte.

Over half of the top 300 American companies don't own a AAA rating. Some don't even own AA rating.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Jun 2014 :  19:26:26  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

AAA rating means jack shyte.

Over half of the top 300 American companies don't own a AAA rating. Some don't even own AA rating.

It explains why we owe so much interest.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 12 Jun 2014 :  00:30:40  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We've already been there and like Costellos report the numbers don't add up

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 12 Jun 2014 :  09:05:05  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

We've already been there and like Costellos report the numbers don't add up

Lucky he doesn't do the budget then

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 12 Jun 2014 :  13:13:32  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What on earth does Abbott mean when referring to other countries as best friends and reliable friends?
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 12 Jun 2014 :  20:36:20  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What...like Canadia?

He's such a dufus!!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  00:24:09  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I won't hold my breath and wait for Tony to fix the real problem with youth unemployment in this country.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2014/s4020838.htm

quote:
ELIZABETH JACKSON: There are calls today to cap temporary entry visa numbers in Australia to give young, unskilled workers a better chance of finding a job.

Dr Bob Birrell from the Centre for Population and Urban Research at Monash University in Melbourne says there's currently a flood of temporary visa holders competing against young Australians for work.

At a time when the Federal Government is planning to cut welfare payments to unemployed people under 30, Dr Birrell says it's time to limit the competition.

BOB BIRRELL: Our biggest concern as far as growth is the working holidaymaker, 457 visa, visitors - there's a host of other visa subclasses that are open now for migrants to come here on a temporary basis, almost all of whom have rights to access our labour market, and many of those who don't have rights, such as visitors, we know they're working anyway.

Remove the foreign scammers!

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  00:29:57  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

What on earth does Abbott mean when referring to other countries as best friends and reliable friends?

They're the ones that have virtually told him to shove it about joining with him in rejecting an Emission trading scheme or a carbon tax.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  09:34:52  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Liberal Party's new chant

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 13 Jun 2014 10:37:41
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  13:10:49  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sigh, Abbott's foreign policy... not even 12 months and were being threatened with sanctions.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-13/joyce-leaving-foreign-policy-issues-to-people-smarter-than-him/5520248

quote:
Mr Joyce made the remarks in an interview with ABC News about warnings that trade sanctions may be imposed on Australia because of the Coalition's decision to change the way it refers to Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

Can the GG remove a government for bringing the country into disrepute?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  14:05:03  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Sigh, Abbott's foreign policy... not even 12 months and were being threatened with sanctions.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-13/joyce-leaving-foreign-policy-issues-to-people-smarter-than-him/5520248

quote:
Mr Joyce made the remarks in an interview with ABC News about warnings that trade sanctions may be imposed on Australia because of the Coalition's decision to change the way it refers to Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

Can the GG remove a government for bringing the country into disrepute?

Nothing in this - Australia is pro israeli, western world is pro israeli.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  15:59:49  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The fact that Israel is really wrong on some of this is a big concern to me, I don't like supporting terrorists but it is hard to not have some empathy for the other side

Remember Israel is full of very very wealthy American friendly people and remember most of the American wealth belong to the Jews.

Israel is a 'religious' country given to the Jews after WWII, the Israel as we know it was cordoned off for the Jews from other countries. There are no other 'religious' countries in the world

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 18 Jun 2014 :  09:37:54  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Explains why we owe so much interest then

So does the Brisbane city council have a AAA rating.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/frugal-council-budget-targets-infrastructure-20140617-zsb25.html

Some how I don't think so.
At the moment they owe just under 80% of their budget
Even allowing for the 400 million hand out they still owe 65% of it.
Can do is a Can't Newman is responsible for a good deal of this mess.
So Can do and Quirk can live with this but QLD in debt to 26% of it's GDP and Australia 12% of it's GDP can't.
So much for the budget emergencies and Strong choices.
To use a Dim Tim Nichols line that means the Brisbane ratepayers are paying 115 million a year in interest alone. 115 million that could be used for building stuff, fixing roads, improving public transport and building new roads.
Pretty ****ing poor to consider the Brisbane City Council wasn't in debt before Newman became Lord Mayor

Edited by - bigcol on 18 Jun 2014 09:40:48
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 18 Jun 2014 :  14:21:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Explains why we owe so much interest then

So does the Brisbane city council have a AAA rating.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/frugal-council-budget-targets-infrastructure-20140617-zsb25.html

Some how I don't think so.
At the moment they owe just under 80% of their budget
Even allowing for the 400 million hand out they still owe 65% of it.
Can do is a Can't Newman is responsible for a good deal of this mess.
So Can do and Quirk can live with this but QLD in debt to 26% of it's GDP and Australia 12% of it's GDP can't.
So much for the budget emergencies and Strong choices.
To use a Dim Tim Nichols line that means the Brisbane ratepayers are paying 115 million a year in interest alone. 115 million that could be used for building stuff, fixing roads, improving public transport and building new roads.
Pretty ****ing poor to consider the Brisbane City Council wasn't in debt before Newman became Lord Mayor

Not sure but at least they have infrastructure to show for it - all Queensland has is a useless water grid, desal plant, costs spent on a dam not built and a bloated PS - pre March 2012 that is

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.19 seconds.