V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Jun 2014 :  09:46:12  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
New? Maybe 10+ years ago. Haven't you got a Scott Morrison version or something fresher by now?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 21 Jun 2014 :  15:28:14  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And today on Budget Crisis we... GIVE $10,000 TO EVERY REFUGEE!

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abbott-offers-asylum-seekers-10k-to-go-home-20140620-3ajr6.html

So there's no money for unemployed Aussies but tonnes of cash for illegal foreigners.

Why does Abbott's government hate regular Aussies so much?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Jun 2014 :  18:29:16  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That one is better than all your previous efforts to misinterpret.

The "$10,000 for every refugee" is actually a conditional $3,500 - $10,000 to those few refugees who take up the offer. Most of those who take it up will get less than $5,000. OTOH, the "no money for unemployed Australians" is really hundreds of millions paid in various benefits.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 21 Jun 2014 :  19:01:21  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

That one is better than all your previous efforts to misinterpret.

The "$10,000 for every refugee" is actually a conditional $3,500 - $10,000 to those few refugees who take up the offer. Most of those who take it up will get less than $5,000. OTOH, the "no money for unemployed Australians" is really hundreds of millions paid in various benefits.

Hmmmmm that $5000 is about $5000 less than unemployed Australian youth will get for 6 months under Abbott's proposal. Because they get zero help.

Pretty clear where his priorities are, and it ain't helping regular Aussies.

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

They can pass it through the states. Problem solved.

And the states can use the cash to fund all the education programs slashed by Abbott's government of failure.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 21 Jun 2014 19:04:17
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  11:38:49  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Time to talk Iraq.

I know some of you have trouble with the reasons why the US led "coalition of the willing" engaged in warfare with Iraq and whether those reasons were made out to a sufficient degree but putting that aside for the moment and as they seem to be on the brink of civil war, I don't think the US can sit back and allow the insurgents (ISIS) to take control of a number of cities over there without contributing not just intelligence, as they have done, but military force.

The US cannot simply IMO turn its back on Iraq, despite Obama disagreeing with the merits of military action, given the considerable effects that the actions of the world have had on Iraq's fabric.

As for reports and pictures that show Australian extremists joining the insurgent's cause, well I hope they never return to this country as they certainly won't be welcome and should end up in jail for a long time.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/obama-concerned-about-jihadist-danger-to-australia-antiinsurgent-fighters-parade-as-us-readies-iraq-diplomatic-push/story-e6frg6so-1226962634258

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  11:56:35  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Definite no to troops to Iraq and those terrorists never to be allowed back.
They've made their bed and they have to lie in it.
Some reports have the 2 shown in those videos as being already dead.
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5113 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  20:24:48  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I doubt there will ever be peace in Iraq. They fight for family, tribe, religion, and country in that order.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 23 Jun 2014 :  07:18:44  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I heard it said many years ago that Saddam Hussein kept all the 'tribes' under control, he might have done other ****, but he kept the area stable and the oil flowing, since the idiot American President(s) Bushes decided to take him the whole area has been unstable

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 23 Jun 2014 :  17:47:22  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I heard it said many years ago that Saddam Hussein kept all the 'tribes' under control, he might have done other ****, but he kept the area stable and the oil flowing, since the idiot American President(s) Bushes decided to take him the whole area has been unstable

Other ****? He used chemical weapons on his own people! But Saddam was an idiot if he had of played nice with the yanks he would still be in power today.

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 23 Jun 2014 :  19:07:24  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

quote:

Other ****? He used chemical weapons on his own people! But Saddam was an idiot if he had of played nice with the yanks he would still be in power today.

And how many are dead and going to die now that these factions are free to run rampant? The cure is just as bad if not worse than the disease, so to speak.

Plenty of other countries suffer from human rights issues and thumb their noses at the US, but they aren't invaded.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 23 Jun 2014 19:08:33
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 23 Jun 2014 :  22:52:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Well possibly - he should have let the UN Inspectors in to show them that they had no WMDs but since he didn't it led them to a heightened suspicion that he did have them - factoring in the chemical weapons he used against his people.

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

quote:

And how many are dead and going to die now that these factions are free to run rampant? The cure is just as bad if not worse than the disease, so to speak.

Plenty of other countries suffer from human rights issues and thumb their noses at the US, but they aren't invaded.

As much as foreign military intervention could cause more fatalities, it needs to be done considering the alternative of, as you say, letting uncontrolled factions and insurgents run rampant.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 23 Jun 2014 22:54:56
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  08:21:03  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

quote:

Well possibly - he should have let the UN Inspectors in to show them that they had no WMDs but since he didn't it led them to a heightened suspicion that he did have them - factoring in the chemical weapons he used against his people.

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

quote:

As much as foreign military intervention could cause more fatalities, it needs to be done considering the alternative of, as you say, letting uncontrolled factions and insurgents run rampant.

And thereby, the heart of the issue and the real reason for the invasion....controlling the US's oil supplies!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  10:07:07  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wonder if the current government will help out Peter Greste or just sweep that under the rug. As Mark Latham said on Q&A last night, "If we jailed journos for saying the wrong thing here, we wouldn't have any left".
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  11:28:44  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Peter Greste trial and verdict is a complete and utter farce!
The gov't has already said they will approach the Egyptian gov't and seek a pardon.
As far as I'm concerned we should cease all aid/assistance to the country until justice is not only served, but seen to be served as well.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  12:21:10  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If this wasn't so true it'd be funny

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/blogs/blunt-instrument/miners-dig-the-age-of-entitlement-20140623-3aoye.html

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.88 seconds.