V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  13:38:42  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

If this wasn't so true it'd be funny

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/blogs/blunt-instrument/miners-dig-the-age-of-entitlement-20140623-3aoye.html

I suppose you're not in favour of sand mining on stradbroke either...

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  14:08:43  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Feeble and Failure, two words that have become synonymous with this government.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/jun/23/un-rejects-australia-tasmanian-forest-heritage

UNESCO schools the Abbott government over its proposal to destroy heritage Tassie forest, like the High Court has been doing lately.

Rejected in less than 10 minutes. Like most of the proposals this government has made.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  16:16:36  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

As much as foreign military intervention could cause more fatalities, it needs to be done considering the alternative of, as you say, letting uncontrolled factions and insurgents run rampant.

Sorta agree but Iraq did have it's own military to keep the peace and sort out it's own troubles.

Never forget that the US has a not so well hidden agenda when it come to Iraq.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  19:21:11  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Petrol excise blocked now as well....appears the only legitimate way forward for Tones is call a DD and let the people have their say! C'mon Tone....I darz ya!!!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  19:31:30  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Petrol excise blocked now as well....appears the only legitimate way forward for Tones is call a DD and let the people have their say! C'mon Tone....I darz ya!!!

You gotta like this system og compulsory voting giving you progressives more of a chance than you might ought to have if this country was operated like 99% of the other democracies out there

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 24 Jun 2014 19:32:01
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  19:53:06  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

You gotta like this system og compulsory voting giving you progressives more of a chance than you might ought to have if this country was operated like 99% of the other democracies out there

If you wanna be like 99% of the other democracies out there, you can buy a one way plane ticket.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/mining-energy-sectors-received-18b-assistance-over-six-years-20140623-3aowx.html

I see the age of entitlement is still going for the top end of town. $18 billion aye? Sounds like we've found the cause of the so called budget crisis...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  20:38:01  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

If you wanna be like 99% of the other democracies out there, you can buy a one way plane ticket.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/mining-energy-sectors-received-18b-assistance-over-six-years-20140623-3aowx.html

I see the age of entitlement is still going for the top end of town. $18 billion aye? Sounds like we've found the cause of the so called budget crisis...

...and here I was thinking it was the previous government's over spending and under paying.
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5113 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  20:44:12  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

As much as foreign military intervention could cause more fatalities, it needs to be done considering the alternative of, as you say, letting uncontrolled factions and insurgents run rampant.

Sorta agree but Iraq did have it's own military to keep the peace and sort out it's own troubles.

Don't agree at all. You will NEVER stop the fighting in that region, ever. It's been going for centuries. We should've left them to their own devices. They will always find an excuse to fight over tribal territorial pissings, conflicting religious views, various 'liberational' causes, oil, pro democracy/anti democracy, the list goes on and on.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  22:30:47  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Darren351

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Don't agree at all. You will NEVER stop the fighting in that region, ever. It's been going for centuries. We should've left them to their own devices. They will always find an excuse to fight over tribal territorial pissings, conflicting religious views, various 'liberational' causes, oil, pro democracy/anti democracy, the list goes on and on.

And you could do that but for the invasion of 2003 screwing up that nonchalant attitude and forcing the coalition to be accountable for its shortcomings in restoring law and order.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  23:05:29  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Yes I agree, Coalitions should be outlawed....still wanna play?

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  23:09:39  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Does that include "unofficial" coalitions like the greens and labor?

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  23:20:21  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Does that include "unofficial" coalitions like the greens and labor?

ban them all......it would be the end of conservative Govt in Australia....most likely for ever!

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  23:24:06  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/blogs/blunt-instrument/miners-dig-the-age-of-entitlement-20140623-3aoye.html

Don't have a problem with mining at all.
What I do have a problem with is the propaganda that the billionaires paid millions for when Rudd was trying to implement the original mining tax.
I also have a problem with mining when they are funding election campaigns for the likes of Newman and offering re-written legislation on avoiding native title and repealing former government decisions.
You know what i'm talking about. Exactly what Seeney has reported Clive for to his LNP appointed lap dogs in the CMC.
I also have a problem with miners/quarry owners who mine illegally and use the state government to change legislation so they aren't charged and fined for it. It's even worse when they have donated $75 grand over the last couple of years to the LNP

State governments are subsidising billionaires while they are screwing over education, health and infrastructure.
18 billion. Plus another 10 billion for the fuel subsidy.
Yes Gina, it appears the age of entitlement is over. That is for everybody except billionaire miners and politicians.

On your post on progressives and the voting in Australia.
You have short memory. One election Howard got less than fifty pecent of the vote. 48% if my memory is correct and he needed preferences to govern.
In QLD we had Bjelke-Petersens National party needing preferences to get across the line. One year he governed QLD with less then 20% of the primary vote with the Liberals and preferences getting him over the line.

We have a democracy and both sides at different stages have needed preferences and sometimes the help of other members or parties to govern.
No use whinging about it because that's the way it is and it's not going to change anytime soon

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 25 Jun 2014 09:05:53
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 24 Jun 2014 :  23:34:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't have a problem with mining at all.
What I do have a problem with is the propaganda that the billionaires paid millions for when Rudd was trying to implement the original mining tax.
I also have a problem with mining when they are funding election campaigns for the likes of Newman and offering re-written legislation on avoiding native title and repealing former government decisions.
You know what i'm talking about. Exactly what Seeney has reported Clive for to his LNP appointed lap dogs in the CMC.
I also have a problem with miners/quarry owners who mine illegally and use the state government to change legislation so they aren't charged and fined for it. It's even worse when they have donated $75 grand over the last couple of years to the LNP

State governments are subsidising billionaires while they are screwing over education, health and infrastructure.
18 billion every year. Plus another 10 billion for the fuel s4ubsidy.
Yes Gina, it appears the age of entitlement is over. That is for everybody except billionaire miners and politicians.

On your post on progressives and the voting in Australia.
You have short memory. One election Howard got less than fifty pecent of the vote. 48% if my memory is correct and he needed preferences to govern.
In QLD we had Bjelke-Petersens National party needing preferences to get across the line. One year he governed QLD with less then 20% of the primary vote with the Liberals and preferences getting him over the line.

We have a democracy and both sides at different stages have needed preferences and sometimes the help of other members or parties to govern.
No use whinging about it because that's the way it is and it's not going to change anytime soon

That particular quarry you are referring to has en been battling Redlands for years. And quite successfully might I add too.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 25 Jun 2014 :  08:19:32  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Karreman not Barro group

Here's more proof Tony Abbott is a clown.
He reckons the Renewables will take every cent we have

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/government-modelling-shows-power-prices-will-fall-if-ret-stays-20140624-zskbd.html

Gittens sheds a bit of light on mining

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/mining-boom-policies-dig-a-hole-for-economy-20140624-zsjsc.html

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 25 Jun 2014 09:07:37
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.59 seconds.