V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 25 Jun 2014 :  09:09:53  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

If this wasn't so true it'd be funny

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/blogs/blunt-instrument/miners-dig-the-age-of-entitlement-20140623-3aoye.html

I suppose you're not in favour of sand mining on stradbroke either...

Don't have a problem with mining at all.
What I do have a problem with is the propaganda that the billionaires paid millions for when Rudd was trying to implement the original mining tax.
I also have a problem with mining when they are funding election campaigns for the likes of Newman and offering re-written legislation on avoiding native title and repealing former government decisions.
You know what i'm talking about. Exactly what Seeney has reported Clive for to his LNP appointed lap dogs in the CMC.
I also have a problem with miners/quarry owners who mine illegally and use the state government to change legislation so they aren't charged and fined for it. It's even worse when they have donated $75 grand over the last couple of years to the LNP

State governments are subsidising billionaires while they are screwing over education, health and infrastructure.
18 billion every year. Plus another 10 billion for the fuel s4ubsidy.
Yes Gina, it appears the age of entitlement is over. That is for everybody except billionaire miners and politicians.

On your post on progressives and the voting in Australia.
You have short memory. One election Howard got less than fifty pecent of the vote. 48% if my memory is correct and he needed preferences to govern.
In QLD we had Bjelke-Petersens National party needing preferences to get across the line. One year he governed QLD with less then 20% of the primary vote with the Liberals and preferences getting him over the line.

We have a democracy and both sides at different stages have needed preferences and sometimes the help of other members or parties to govern.
No use whinging about it because that's the way it is and it's not going to change anytime soon

That particular quarry you are referring to has en been battling Redlands for years. And quite successfully might I add too.

Harlin is a bloody long way from the Redlands!
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 25 Jun 2014 :  13:42:16  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Karreman not Barro group

Here's more proof Tony Abbott is a clown.
He reckons the Renewables will take every cent we have

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/government-modelling-shows-power-prices-will-fall-if-ret-stays-20140624-zskbd.html

Gittens sheds a bit of light on mining

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/mining-boom-policies-dig-a-hole-for-economy-20140624-zsjsc.html

At mount cotton, barro's is on your doorstep.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 25 Jun 2014 :  23:18:37  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Actually both Barro and Karreman have been found guilty on breaking their conditions.

Karreman most recently at the head of the Brisbane river. The law was changed so he didn't have to pay any fines

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 25 Jun 2014 :  23:41:09  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Personally, I find it embarrassing that Tony Abbott is our Prime-minister.

Have we fallen that far that a clown and a hypocritical fatman now run the country?

God will save us, or maybe he wont!

$155M wasted on the schools chaplain system only to have it ruled 'illegal'! ha ha

Religion has no place in public schools!

Keep your god bothering **** at home Tony, if I wanted my kids to be brain washed with that tripe, I would have sent them to a ****ing church!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  13:40:42  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Careful - religion should have some involvement in public schools but it shouldn't be forced onto them, instead it should be their or their parent's choice. I say this because not all parents who want to send their children to private religious schools but still want them to have some religious studies can afford to do so with the fees.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 26 Jun 2014 13:42:01
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  16:24:10  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And what Faith do we allow in schools?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  16:36:33  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
just to clear something up..."school chaplains" ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MENTION THEIR FAITH whilst performing their job...they are their as support, if they do push anything onto the kids its instant dismissal

I have 2 good friends who fill this role, they get paid very little and deal with a lot....they do an amazing job which is why both the libs AND THE ALP have supported it.....

but Christian bashing is fun and easy right ????

BTW they arnt called chaplains anymore because it was too "Christian" so they are called pastrol support workers

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 26 Jun 2014 16:45:04
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  18:51:31  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK, I have changed my mind on the whole chaplaincy thing. It can be good, and bad.

Good: Because there is spiritual guidance for those that may want it.
Bad: The ones that do need spiritual guidance don't turn up for school.

For it work effectively, we need kids to go to school, so shouldn't the various governments work on that too?

Edited by - CP on 26 Jun 2014 18:53:54
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  18:59:50  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

OK, I have changed my mind on the whole chaplaincy thing. It can be good, and bad.

Good: Because there is spiritual guidance for those that may want it.
Bad: The ones that do need spiritual guidance don't turn up for school.

For it work effectively, we need kids to go to school, so shouldn't the various governments work on that too?

You may be surprised at just how many resources are utilised trying to get parents to get their kids to school - and on time!
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5113 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  19:28:20  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Atheism??
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  22:29:13  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I reckon "school chaplains" should, where appropriate, guide a student to a particular faith or religion rather than being neutral and focusing purely on informing them about spiritualism. I mean at least with religion there is certainty in terms of support and a place to gather. The risk with spiritualism OTOH is that we will possibly end up with a student who is not sure who they are, what they believe in and what they want to become and have the potential to completely lose all social grasp once they leave school and the support of school chaplaincy program.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  22:53:57  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Darren351

quote:

Atheism??

What the religion with the least evidence?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  23:19:40  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

Atheism??

lmao

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 27 Jun 2014 :  11:35:46  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-27/federal-government-rejects-call-for-royal-commission-into-asic-/5554394

Abbott rejects Royal Commission into Commonwealth Bank corruption. But he had plenty of support for the biased waste of money that was the inquiry into union corruption. Funny that the group who donated to Labour are the only ones who receive a royal commission

This failed government obviously doesn't care about the welfare of the regular Aussie taxpayer. Hundreds of mum and dad investors ripped off by corrupt bankers committing fraud and Abbott refuses to investigate. I wonder how many elderly Aussies lost their homes to the bank fraud? Guess Abbott doesn't care, so no one will ever know.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5113 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 27 Jun 2014 :  12:32:29  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

Atheism??

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.69 seconds.