V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 28 Jun 2014 :  23:30:30  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/06/28/farce-denying-drifting-boat-labor

Looks like the boats really got stopped. Not. Ooops.

I think the book of failures by this government would need so much paper it would wipe out a small Tassie forest...

Really you want to make something out of this when there were thousands of asylum seekers coming illegally by boat under labor government while under Abbott he has reduced it to a trickle??

170 asylum seekers is a damn big trickle.

What was the slogan again? STOP THE BOATS? Looks like he hasn't done too well at that.

As I said 'thousands' coming under Labor

even Abbott said himself before the election that they wouldn't be able to actually stop the boats outright within his first term but he would put in place measures that would put a significant dent in those numbers - that he has most undoubtedly done.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 28 Jun 2014 :  23:39:28  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think the book of failures by this government would need so much paper it would wipe out a small Tassie forest...

Really you want to make something out of this when there were thousands of asylum seekers coming illegally by boat under labor government while under Abbott he has reduced it to a trickle??

What was the slogan again? STOP THE BOATS? Looks like he hasn't done too well at that.

even Abbott said himself before the election that they wouldn't be able to actually stop the boats outright within his first term but he would put in place measures that would put a significant dent in those numbers - that he has most undoubtedly done.

Yeah, he stopped telling us the numbers and now he's giving them all $6,000 of our tax payers dollars to leave amazing how that works.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abbott-government-offers-iraqi-asylum-seekers-6k-to-return-home-20140624-3aqsh.html

Funny how they get $6,000 for being criminals but our sick have to pay to see a GP and students have to pay thousands more to get their degrees. Abbott is rewarding the unproductive and attacking those trying to get by.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 28 Jun 2014 :  23:48:27  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, he stopped telling us the numbers and now he's giving them all $6,000 of our tax payers dollars to leave amazing how that works.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abbott-government-offers-iraqi-asylum-seekers-6k-to-return-home-20140624-3aqsh.html

Funny how they get $6,000 for being criminals but our sick have to pay to see a GP and students have to pay thousands more to get their degrees. Abbott is rewarding the unproductive and attacking those trying to get by.

Not a bad idea to get the genuine asylum seekers to leave the country - $6k would be relatively cheap given the long-term welfare costs that the government would have to pay them if they settle.

On a separate issue, a bit concerned with the heir to the democratic presidential nominee throne Hillary Clinton voicing her concern that we are being deceitful to the US with our relations with China. Hillary needs to know that given our vast natural resources that we require a trading partner who can accept large quantities of exports to support their infrastructure and energy needs and that is primarily China.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/hillary-clinton-criticises-australia-for-twotiming-america-with-china-20140627-zso6c.html

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  00:06:11  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not a bad idea to get the genuine asylum seekers to leave the country - $6k would be relatively cheap given the long-term welfare costs that the government would have to pay them if they settle.

Funny, I thought big brave Abbott was cutting back on all the welfare, or is he only cutting welfare for regular Aussies?

$6,000 to any and all takers... as long as you aren't Australian...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/adelaide-schoolchildren-reported-missing-from-northern-suburb-school-after-their-friends-were-taken-into-immigration-detention/story-fni6uo1m-1226969523152?nk=60a5d25f9b2d44fa6ac72afb3ff2a856

Here's one for the chaplains to deal with. Abbott's Immigration department snatches 10 year olds out of class. Grubs.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  00:08:00  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Funny, I thought big brave Abbott was cutting back on all the welfare, or is he only cutting welfare for regular Aussies?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/adelaide-schoolchildren-reported-missing-from-northern-suburb-school-after-their-friends-were-taken-into-immigration-detention/story-fni6uo1m-1226969523152?nk=60a5d25f9b2d44fa6ac72afb3ff2a856

Here's one for the chaplains to deal with. Abbott's Immigration department snatches 10 year olds out of class. Grubs.

If you read the article it isn't handed to every asylum seeker - the money is offered on a case by case basis

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  00:14:11  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you read the article it isn't handed to every asylum seeker - the money is offered on a case by case basis

You mean, on the case they sign the agreement.

Some poor souls only get $3300 for free.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  00:16:55  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You mean, on the case they sign the agreement.

Some poor souls only get $3300 for free.

I also read that it has been offered since 2002 and continued under Labor - so what's news? Labor had tens of thousands of asylum seekers come illegally to this country and the liberals have only had a few hundred - so who is having to pay out more?

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  12:09:06  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Who is the one cutting all the welfare payments for struggling Aussies while more than doubling the free cash given to asylum seekers? Howard started it for about $2,000, Labour didn't change it but now Abbott has made it grow 5 fold to $10,000. Seems to me only one grub is intent on giving away more tax payers money to illegals.

http://m.theage.com.au/federal-politics/thousands-to-lose-disability-support-pension-under-changes-flagged-by-government-20140629-zspt7.html

And now Abbott is removing assistance for disabled and vulnerable Aussies. It seems these pricks have a common theme of attacking regular Australians. What do you say bundy? Why should our money be taken away from the weakest in the community and spent on asylum seekers? Maybe one of the refugees takes the money home to Iraq and gets robbed by some ISIS terrorists - we have no idea how OUR money will be spent in Iraq or Afghanistan.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  14:49:21  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Who is the one cutting all the welfare payments for struggling Aussies while more than doubling the free cash given to asylum seekers? Howard started it for about $2,000, Labour didn't change it but now Abbott has made it grow 5 fold to $10,000. Seems to me only one grub is intent on giving away more tax payers money to illegals.

http://m.theage.com.au/federal-politics/thousands-to-lose-disability-support-pension-under-changes-flagged-by-government-20140629-zspt7.html

And now Abbott is removing assistance for disabled and vulnerable Aussies. It seems these pricks have a common theme of attacking regular Australians. What do you say bundy? Why should our money be taken away from the weakest in the community and spent on asylum seekers? Maybe one of the refugees takes the money home to Iraq and gets robbed by some ISIS terrorists - we have no idea how OUR money will be spent in Iraq or Afghanistan.

who didn't cut but massacred the income for single mums ???

ALP

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  17:57:52  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

ALP

The Coalition have taken it much further, yet no screams for blood from their supporters on here.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  18:20:33  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

ALP

The Coalition have taken it much further, yet no screams for blood from their supporters on here.

Have they actually done it or is it something under discussion?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  18:49:01  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
much further...alby you have to be kidding ???

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  00:30:47  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
come on Mick you're defending the in-defensible.

This budget is going to cost low income families over $6000 a year and the rich will pay stuff all and some business will continue to make no money in this country but transfer it to a tax haven and then declare their profits.

Mate i'm all for getting real bludgers off welfare. In fact i'd put a time limit on when they can claim any benefits again if caught cheating the system.
Problem being is anybody on welfare in this country is a bludger according to the Lieberals.
Gina Rineharts on welfare but I don't see Abbott or Andrews taking aim at her

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  03:39:45  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/29/abbott-government-unveils-plan-to-restrict-how-young-people-spend-dole?CMP=soc_567

Now Abbott wants to ban Aussies from spending their money in ways he doesn't like. Giving the poor a card for Colesworth instead of money... bye bye small businesses... as if they weren't already doing it tough. Gina has got hers and isn't that what all you Libs voters wanted, eh?

Boy isn't this government a total failure. Gonna laugh when Clive blocks it all in the senate.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/18/sweeping-social-security-changes-introduced-to-parliament

Here's a list of Abbott's disgusting welfare cuts... for all you Liberal supporters too blind to find your own arse.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 30 Jun 2014 03:41:39
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  10:24:39  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

this comment just goes to show that stopping the boats is political. Nothing more nothing less.
In a way it's racism.
When is Scott Morrison and Tony Abbott going to stop the planes because thousands more are arriving by plane and either claiming asylum or over staying.
The number was always bigger than the boats but Howard, Rudd/Gillard/Rudd and now Abbott are still letting it happen.

Abbott can't claim a thing about Refugees while they're lining up at the airports

EDIT

Rather then screwing the people that can least afford it maybe Hockey needs to re-focus his ideas.
This is why Australia has a revenue problem. It isn't about our welfare system or our hospitals or schooling, it's about foreign companies ripping us off while we have to put up with being screwed by idiots that only have big business interests at heart.
Why should the average Australian support foreign billionaires that avoid tax here.

Glencore aren't paying their fair share of tax

http://www.smh.com.au/business/glencore-tax-bill-on-15b-income-zip-zilch-zero-20140626-3awg0.html

Google are tax cheats

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/search-to-unearth-google-australia-directors-returns-0-20140629-3b21m.html

Apple are tax cheats

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-06/tax-expert-explains-how-apple-pays-193m-tax-on-27b-revenue/5303426

If Hockey had any balls he'd tell Glencore, Google, Apple and all the other multi-nationals not paying their tax to fess up and pay their fare share or will we tax your turnover at 30 cents in the dollar.
If they don't like it, they can **** right off. Somebody else will take their place. There are other search engines and I prefer my HTC phone and my Acer laptop to Apple products anyway.
There are plenty of other miners that would gladly takeover Glencore mining interests

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 30 Jun 2014 11:27:52
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 9.31 seconds.