V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 03 Jul 2014 :  11:58:19  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Just like up here in Qld, the polls reflect the fact that people are afraid of the tough decisions.

Oh I see, blame the voters. Abbott has already blamed everyone else for his failures, why not the voters too?

http://m.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbotts-changes-to-universities-and-health-a-crime-absurd-says-nobel-prize-winning-economist-joseph-stiglitz-20140702-3b8ue.html

Now a Nobel Prize winning economist has come out to say Abbott's university changes will be another failure.

The government's plan to deregulate universities is "a crime" and the move for co-payments for medical services is "absurd" in the view of visiting Nobel prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz.

Oh boy, will Bundy say this economic expert is just scared, too?

Regular Aussies are smarter than you give them credit for... and when they see a pile of **** and smell a pile of ****, they know it's another one of Abbott's failed policies.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 03 Jul 2014 :  13:45:05  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:

Just like up here in Qld, the polls reflect the fact that people are afraid of the tough decisions.

Oh I see, blame the voters. Abbott has already blamed everyone else for his failures, why not the voters too?

http://m.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbotts-changes-to-universities-and-health-a-crime-absurd-says-nobel-prize-winning-economist-joseph-stiglitz-20140702-3b8ue.html

Now a Nobel Prize winning economist has come out to say Abbott's university changes will be another failure.

The government's plan to deregulate universities is "a crime" and the move for co-payments for medical services is "absurd" in the view of visiting Nobel prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz.

Oh boy, will Bundy say this economic expert is just scared, too?

Regular Aussies are smarter than you give them credit for... and when they see a pile of **** and smell a pile of ****, they know it's another one of Abbott's failed policies.

It is obvious, isn't it? Many people just like hand-outs and any decision that cuts into this they vote with their feet.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 03 Jul 2014 :  16:09:34  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey bundy, how's that consumer confidence thing you were banging on about going now?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 03 Jul 2014 :  19:22:29  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Hey bundy, how's that consumer confidence thing you were banging on about going now?

Here you are since you asked so nicely:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/australia/consumer-confidence

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 03 Jul 2014 19:23:11
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 03 Jul 2014 :  21:40:53  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Policies based on idealisms, not economic reality, will bring Abbott down.

We arnt all ****ing sheep!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 03 Jul 2014 :  22:14:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Policies based on idealisms, not economic reality, will bring Abbott down.

We arnt all ****ing sheep!!

But the average joe can't grasp economic reality so we screwed, aren't we? Continuously go around in circles getting further and further away from balancing the books

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 04 Jul 2014 :  16:54:07  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
But the average joe can't grasp economic reality so we screwed, aren't we? Continuously go around in circles getting further and further away from balancing the books

Oh no, you think you're too good for regular Aussies. Typical Liberal voter, head so far up his own arse he's probably found coal reserves.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/abbott-government-to-deliver-message-that-tax-reform-imminent-either-higher-gst-or-hike-in-income-tax/story-fnihsrf2-1226977044548?nk=f9859d02e27daeda436b61d46d715f31

Here comes more Abbott taxes! Abbott Government to deliver message that tax reform imminent either higher GST or hike in income tax.

Come on, cheer on the tax raising Libs...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Here you are since you asked so nicely:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/australia/consumer-confidence

Looks like it fell off a cliff after Abbott was elected. Like everything else in the country. God the ALP will have a lot of stuff ups to fix when they get back in next term.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 04 Jul 2014 17:01:37
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 04 Jul 2014 :  17:28:20  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And to think the Carbon tax was so toxic it would ruin us all. Instead of paying 9% more just for your energy. You'll pay more all-round if the GST or income tax goes skyward.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 04 Jul 2014 :  18:38:25  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Abbott/Hockey cuts have hit this household, because of the funding cuts the chilcare, that's right funding cuts to childcare, the local City Council run Family Day Care service has had to hit parents and carers with a fee hike to cover their costs, and because my wife cares about the kids and their parents, she has dropped her rate so that the impact won't be too hard on the parents

But the Libs will find money to pay middle class welfare to pay mothers to stay at home, all the while cutting child care, the 2 faced bastards.

By the way, Family Day Care is the cheapest child care service of all the day care out there, and it works with one carer to 4 children in the safety of a home

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 04 Jul 2014 18:39:49
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 04 Jul 2014 :  18:57:52  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Looks like it fell off a cliff after Abbott was elected. Like everything else in the country. God the ALP will have a lot of stuff ups to fix when they get back in next term.

Funny how the dip occurred around the same time when the government announced the budget was going to be a tough one

It did nothing like what you suggested it did after Abbott was elected. In fact, as I remember it, confidence soared to records that we haven't seen for years

Edited by - bundy5 on 04 Jul 2014 19:03:00
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 04 Jul 2014 :  22:29:21  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Funny how the dip occurred around the same time when the government announced the budget was going to be a tough one

It did nothing like what you suggested it did after Abbott was elected. In fact, as I remember it, confidence soared to records that we haven't seen for years

And whats it doing now Dave, its in free-fall!

Oh, did anybody notice the increase in their income tax this week? I did!
And along with another raft of energy rate increases too, so nice of the electricity supplying ****ing thieves to pass on a tax that no longer exists!

And health care has got another nod for an increase in fee's too!

Thanks Tony, 8 months and you have already ripped about 10% more out of us and you reckon worse is to come? Arsehole!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?

Edited by - bigem on 04 Jul 2014 22:35:47
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 04 Jul 2014 :  23:05:52  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

9 months later it has set record lows, too.

So your opinion is Carbon tax = bad, Tony tax = good? Hypocrisy...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 08 Jul 2014 :  10:22:25  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is absolutely disgusting.
Campbell Newman is claiming he saved us all from the floods and storms that lashed QLD.
It's even worse that this low life is politicising the weather events that claimed lives. Some of those lives were young kids.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/campbell-newman-wont-change-his-style-20140707-zsyk4.html

Lets put it into perspective what really happened.
March 2010 we had a monsoon trough that flooded an area larger than the state of Victoria
March 2010 Cyclone Ului also brought damage and flooding to QLD
December 2010 Cyclone Tasha gave us wide spread flooding. An area larger than Germany and France combined was flooded
January 2011 Cyclone Anthony widespread flooding and damage
January 2011 Brisbane flooded
February 2011 Cyclone Yasi damage bill alone from the damage and flooding was over 8 billion and further 5 billion damage to the economy in lost production. At one stage three quarters of the state was declared as a disaster area.
January 2012 Flooding to the south east of Queeensland

26th March 2012 Newman become gets elected.

January 2013 Cyclone Oswald hits major flooding in Bundaberg and minor damage south of that.

Campbell Newman was the premier for one of the extreme weather events that Qld had.
During the floods of 2010/2011 he was Lord Mayor of Brisbane and didn't do a thing for anybody outside of it.
Even in Brisbane Anna Bligh and the Emergency Services were calling the shots.
He was so far behind it that some of Brisbane City Councils assets were destroyed when the could have been removed before the Flood waters hit Brisbane seeing they had 2 days notice of the water coming from the catchments.
You were lucky to see his face at all during those times.

Fast forward to the Bundaberg floods in 2013 when he went missing for 3 days and then showed up in a helicopter for a photo shoot when news got out how bad it actually was.
The rescues were already in full swing before he came anywhere near the place because of the things learnt from the 2010/2011 floods and the practices put in place then.

To be claiming the work of all the EMS staff, Police, Army/Airforce, SES and the tens of thousands of people that showed up to shovel the mud out of peoples homes is a total insult.
Love or hate Bligh you don't see her taking all the credit for the work of others. This government makes me sick every time they open a new bit of infrastructure and they're singing the praises of it. It's even worse when it was Ok'd by the previous government and while the LNP were in opposition they bagged it.
Then when the Flood report came out it was scathing of the Brisbane City Council where Newman was the Lord Mayor for allowing further development in flood prone areas

The worst thing about Newman and his family are they are only in it for themselves. His own brother in law was trying to screw the QLD government for 30 million just after the Floods. The company was also being investigated by the FBI
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/government-offer-no-ripoff-monsour-20111005-1l9hr.html

You wish you were Campbell Newman
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/blogs/blunt-instrument/you-wish-you-were-campbell-newman-20140707-3bivz.html.

Bring on an Election. The sooner the better before these clowns take us over the edge

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 08 Jul 2014 :  12:52:59  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bligh did it too - I didn't hear you complain then.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22236 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Jul 2014 :  18:20:43  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The trouble is Col that we are stuck between a rock and a hard place both state and federally.
Newman and Palaszczuk are both useless as are Abbott and Shorten.
They are all going to **** us over just from different directions.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.47 seconds.