V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 16 Mar 2012 :  17:04:43  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Poor Swanny, damned if does damned if he doesn't.

Given that it may be his first surplus, a razor thin one at that. I doubt he's that obsessed with them. The libs on the other hand...

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 16 Mar 2012 17:08:30
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Mar 2012 :  07:19:27  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
this pic (most likely photoshopped) is a p!sser, it make me laugh evertime I look at it - it is so true

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 20 Mar 2012 07:09:03
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 18 Mar 2012 :  08:36:07  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Doesn't matter if it's photo shopped or ot it's true.

No No Abbotts days are numbered

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 18 Mar 2012 :  09:06:01  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

this pic (most likely photoshopped) is a p!sser, it make me laugh evertime I look at it - it is so true

Yep, as one who is paid to photoshop pictures, and who has done it for many years, there is no doubt that that is photoshopped.

Bloody funny though.
Go to Top of Page

HDT05
Team Manager

Australia
6165 Posts
joined 15 Feb 11

Posted - 18 Mar 2012 :  15:19:29  Show Profile Send HDT05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

very funny,

Peter Brock 1945 - 2006 RIP #05
RIP Dale Earnhardt 1951 - 2001 #3
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011
RIP Jason Richards 1976 - 2011
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 19 Mar 2012 :  22:29:43  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/margaret-whitlam-a-great-consort-abbott-20120317-1vbsc.html

Abbott just couldn't help himself, could he?

"There was a lot wrong with the Whitlam government but nevertheless it was a very significant episode in our history and Margaret Whitlam was a very significant element in the political success of Gough Whitlam."

What an inconsiderate ****er.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 20 Mar 2012 :  04:29:48  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He is a serious tosser, the more he opens his mouth the better for Labor, although he did acknowledge Margaret as a 'consort', consort meaning "a husband or wife; spouse, especially of a reigning monarch," or "The spouse of a monarch"

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/consort
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/consort

Edited by - Trev on 20 Mar 2012 04:30:23
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 23 Mar 2012 :  09:01:29  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's one definiton, Trev - there's a few others....including a group of musicians who play the same instrument - but it was a nice attempt at making the association, though.

I can't wait until Labor get wiped in QLD this weekend - where does that leave Julia? Nowhere is my guess....the massive swings that have occured that will deliver a majority of Lib state premiers is all we really need to know for the Federal election, isn't it?
Tony probably knows that - it's not hard to work out - probably wy he is just flapping around the koint saying whatever he wants - this'll be the easiest win ever.....even if it does stay with him at the helm ( I don't think it will, though )
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 23 Mar 2012 :  09:47:53  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't want to amaze you but it is a Queensland election fought on local issues.

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 23 Mar 2012 :  10:00:19  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So a State Labor partys core values and beliefs that it was founded on are different to the Federal Labor partys, are they?

The backlash is a general sentiment towards the part, fullstop.
Country wide. State is just the start - next stop, the federal election.

They've ****ed up royally since day one and it will be a looooong time til they get another go at it.

bwwaaaahahahaahaha off you all go....bye bye.....get used to the idea of another period of never-ending Liberal supremacy in this country.

Won't that taste nice? It sure will.....

Edited by - rabbits on 23 Mar 2012 10:01:36
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 23 Mar 2012 :  10:04:36  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

in your opinion

Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 23 Mar 2012 :  10:38:32  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I can't wait until Labor get wiped in QLD this weekend - where does that leave Julia? Nowhere is my guess....the massive swings that have occured that will deliver a majority of Lib state premiers is all we really need to know for the Federal election, isn't it?
Tony probably knows that - it's not hard to work out - probably wy he is just flapping around the koint saying whatever he wants - this'll be the easiest win ever.....even if it does stay with him at the helm ( I don't think it will, though )

Me too rabbits, me too...

But where does it leave her? Probably in the same position as the State was pretty hostile to her in the last election when there was a greater than 5% swing against the Labor party up here.

You have to argue that much of the protest vote will dry up given that they have had the opportunity to invoke their frustrations at two previous elections to this both federal and this current state election, and whilst they still won't be all that accomodating towards her given the party's overwhelming rejection of Rudd, that Labor IMO will be in no worse a position than what they sit currently.

---------------------------------------------

I see in this opinion piece in The Australian about comments that Carr made on ABC's Lateline “Conservative leaders pulling levers about race to get generally working class supporters to respond to their nasty little clarion calls. Yes, you’ve seen that - you saw that for a time with John Howard and you saw it - you see it from time to time with Tony Abbott".

Carr may think that he and his labor party appeal to the sophisticated, middle income to high income well off people more so and in far greater numbers than the Liberal party but really he is deluded for thinking that way as their main supporter base is this low to middle income working class and not the one I previously alluded to where he has to be very careful not to offend them into thinking that Labor has turned their backs on him.

So, if he criticises the Liberal party for 'pulling levers' (or in other words, easily manipulating this class of people) that he could be charged and responsible for doing the very same thing in easily putting the working class off-side.

http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com.au/goodlyfabric/

Edited by - LP11 on 23 Mar 2012 12:56:02
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 23 Mar 2012 :  14:33:48  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

So a State Labor partys core values and beliefs that it was founded on are different to the Federal Labor partys, are they?

They've ****ed up royally since day one and it will be a looooong time til they get another go at it.

bwwaaaahahahaahaha off you all go....bye bye.....get used to the idea of another period of never-ending Liberal supremacy in this country.

Won't that taste nice? It sure will.....

More bull**** and mis-information again.

Core values hey, how about selling off billions of assets after saying she wouldn't.
Selling assets thats best left to the Libs

Beliefs. Labor is supposed to be for the working people.
Well Nana Blight has done nothing for the working people except increase things to a point they can't afford ****.

General sentiment towards the Party.

Thats some bloody good gear your on.

The QLD government has been on the nose longer than the ALP has been in power in Canberra and it should have been booted years ago.
Except for one little thing. The National and Liberals now the LNP couldn't run a chook raffle

You've got no ****ing idea what's been happening in QLD and one reason why we've had the Labor party in for 20 years is because of the lame arsed useless garbage that has made up the National/Liberal party for 2 1/2 decades. They were shyte for 2 brief years while they had power and if it wasn't for that brief period, we would have had 25 years of a Labor Government.
For the sake of this state i damn well hope that the same useless ****tards that have been in the LNP opposition for 20 years actually do something right.

There was a reason they spent that long in opposition.

They ****ing sucked

I just hope they give Newman and the new blood some say or otherwise the same ****tards that couldn't even get their shyte together in opposition will be running this state

Best you stick to NSW champ, you know **** all about why this government is going to get the arse.

You know what. They ****ing deserve the flogging they're going to get.

Absolutely nothing to do with your dribble about the Liberal parties divine right to govern or your so-called supremacy.
20 years in opposition .
Yeah they're realy supreme

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 23 Mar 2012 :  14:48:29  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That rant about proves what I was saying...if you actually read it.

Labor in QLD suck.
Labor in Canberra suck.

It's all good Col....have a great day tomorrow, mate....
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 23 Mar 2012 :  15:16:31  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh i will,

Bye bye Nana blight

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.55 seconds.