V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  13:32:35  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

why is it so hard for someone who believes in the Labor philosophy to say that the Labor party is crap?

you obviously haven't read all my posts Sonic, I have said some of the stuff they did was ****, but try to extract the same from the Liberals supporters about the current Libs, all they do is trot out the same old **** - debt, borrowings, blah, blah, blah.

I know who the liars really are and it wasn't Gillard

do recall you punching the Labs a few times Trev...

but the suggesting that cow crap smells better than bull crap is a joke... it is all on the nose.

and to claim Gillard wasn't a liar... we can agree to have different views on our beloved unelected leader

I agree,...I voted for rudd and Julia....both liars...and then I voted for tony...another liar ...maybe I should stop voting ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  13:35:39  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
found this...

third time lucky?? dammit!!

Edited by - Sonic on 14 Jul 2014 13:38:22
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  14:43:16  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

and to claim Gillard wasn't a liar... we can agree to have different views on our beloved unelected leader

there was one change of policy that she was crucified for and that was the whole ETS / Carbon Tax thing, that is where the Juliar thing came from, how come you Libs haven't come up with a nick-name for the Master of Lie Tellers - Tony Abbott yet?

As for the 'lie' about her knocking off Rudd, firstly kicking that ****en idiot out was the right thing to do and secondly I honestly believe that right up to the death knell that she wasn't going to roll him, but was pushed into it by the Labor heavy-weights

EDIT: There it is "the Master of Lie Tellers" - Tony Abbott Tony (MOLT) Abbott now to be called 'MOLT' Abbott

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 14 Jul 2014 14:48:31
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  14:55:38  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
why do you keep throwing me in with the Libs Trev? don't do that to me!! LOL

I always saw Rudd as an arrogant snot but at least he was an elected arrogant snot... agree that he had to go as his attitude really was starting to rot into the party... he should have been properly dealt with though I think and dispatched completely... BUT I also think that HE was the elected leader and we should run a similar thing as with the US where the leader is elected for the term... Julia should have run for the PMship at the next election...

try again with the meme...

reckon that sums up one side of the political persuasion talking to the other...

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  16:39:40  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

we are borrowing money to pay off the interest !!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol
Been watching the Bolt Report again Mick
Got a link to that from a source that doesn't include the LNP, Bolt or News Limited

I don't know whether Mick watches the Bolt Report or not. I know I don't. I don't know when it's on or even on what station it appears, but I do know that the Australian Government is borrowing to make interest repayments. Treasurer Joe kept repeating that the government was borrowing an additional $1 billion a month just to make the interest repayments. Not a good financial situation, no matter what your political persuasion. The ABC did an investigation and found that Joe's claims were incorrect. It's only $877,000,000 per month being borrowed to make the interest repayments. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-12/joe-hockey-one-billion-a-month-interest-fact-check/5478480 Go to the bottom for the verdict, or better still, read the lot.

Whatever, the government certainly is borrowing just to make the interest repayments, which means our debt continues to grow without us gaining anything from those borrowings.

Foreign Minister Bishop recently announced cuts to our foreign aid for this reason. She said it was unsustainable to keep borrowing money from overseas to send back overseas as foreign aid. She was only echoing what Labor was telling us last year when they were in government: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/foreign-aid-to-take-budget-hit/story-e6frg6n6-1226640827192 Mind you, they were only proposing to postpone spending. You know, just shift the problem along a bit further. Better still, leave it for someone else to sort out.

Budget emergency, budget crisis or whatever emotive term the current government wants to call it, we have been spending more than we earn since 2007. Trev wants to keep calling up the GFC. The GFC certainly gave government revenue a big hit, but that was only a small part of our growing debt. Add up the many examples other than the foreign aid one I just gave to show that the previous government just kept on spending and borrowing as though we never had to repay. They kept saying that our ability to repay was excellent, etc. If that ability was so excellent, why didn't we start repaying? Simple answer: Because we couldn't. How can that change? Simple answer again: Increase revenue and/or reduce spending.

We can keep finding graphs and stats showing that compared to"similar"(?) countries we aren't doing too badly, that our debt as a proportion of GDP is small, and so on. Our debt kept growing, as debt does when you do nothing to stop it growing. It's still growing, despite a change in government. That's partly because anything the current government proposes to reduce debt gets knocked back in the Senate. I don't support much of the way this government is going about reducing debt or increasing revenue, but at least this government has faced the problem (or "crisis" or "emergency" if you prefer - if you're a "Lieberal", "liberal fanboy", "lib lover", one of the "all of you ****en Liberal supporters" or one of the "sheeple" etc. BTW, who are all these people - and what are their names? ) I've checked my own voting support. I haven't voted Liberal in a federal election since 2001. I think REM sussed me out. "Pragmatic centrist" or something like that, I think he said. There again, in that political quiz bigcol linked on here back in late January, I was more Green than any other political force, more Labor than Liberal on social issues, but more Liberal on economic matters. I don't know how that would work out if I had to run the place. About as well as the current government - or the previous government, come to think of it.

Back to Trickyonne's original statement that we are borrowing money to pay off the interest: Yep, we sure are - and we don't need the Bolt Report or News Limited to tell us the bleeding obvious.

Edited by - Zac on 15 Jul 2014 07:00:18
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  17:13:16  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

who said Im a lib ?...I support who has the best policies not blinded by loyalty

You can't go around saying things like that. Zac will break out another movie quote.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  18:16:39  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

why is it so hard for someone who believes in the Labor philosophy to say that the Labor party is crap?

you obviously haven't read all my posts Sonic, I have said some of the stuff they did was ****, but try to extract the same from the Liberals supporters about the current Libs, all they do is trot out the same old **** - debt, borrowings, blah, blah, blah.

but the suggesting that cow crap smells better than bull crap is a joke... it is all on the nose.

I agree,...I voted for rudd and Julia....both liars...and then I voted for tony...another liar ...maybe I should stop voting ?

You voted for Gillard?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  18:20:06  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You voted for Gillard?

And 'someone' who admits in public for having voted for Abbott!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  18:28:38  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You voted for Gillard?

And 'someone' who admits in public for having voted for Abbott!

I just find it interesting given all the negative Labor threads he started and contributed to between 2007 and 2010.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  18:44:29  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
yeah thinking about it...im not sure I did ...lol..crap I lied too !!!!

but Im definatley a maybe of voting for rudd

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  19:09:36  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

yeah thinking about it...im not sure I did ...lol..crap I lied too !!!!

but Im definatley a maybe of voting for rudd

Even I don't admit publicly to that one....!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  19:15:16  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
the sooner people realise that all the polly's are full of crap the better, not just who they support or members of their corrupt political parties but all talk crap

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  19:43:04  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
like the old joke about lawyers... how do you know when a pollie is lying? their lips are moving...

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  19:52:29  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So did anyone here vote for Gillard? If you did, you must live in the electorate of Lalor. She never faced an election as PM.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  20:06:15  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
hell no... (and hell no for Tony too)...

this is the hardest thing about our current political situation... I find nobody is worth my vote

AND I don't want to donkey vote so you have to end up picking the best of the bad bunch.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5.7 seconds.