V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  10:37:51  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ZAC for President!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  11:41:04  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Zac couldn't be a Liberal politician. He isn't a heartless bastard

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  11:54:17  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Zac couldn't be a Liberal politician. He isn't a heartless bastard

yes he is !

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  12:08:40  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Back in your cage Mick

haven't you got a goat to be playing with

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  12:11:53  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Back in your cage Mick

haven't you got a goat to be playing with

yes.................yes I do

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  12:42:16  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-17/offshore-rig-jobs-risk-senate-disallows-visa-changes-government/5603240

Good on the ALP and Palmer for protecting Aussie jobs that the Libs were going to give to foreigners through visa changes.

"It was here to bring in Filipino, Indonesian seafarers, not on Australian wages and conditions," he said.

Typical backstabbing Libs, they rule for everyone but regular Aussie workers.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  13:46:32  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good old Clive. The hope of the side.
Clive for President!
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  14:15:57  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep good old Clive

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/clive-palmer-to-use-power-to-set-up-senate-inquiry-into-newman-government/story-fnihsrf2-1226991565570?sv=82ef10744e371869deb584f35e4a2339&&net_sub_uid=76312510

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  15:30:41  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With my scant knowledge of (and interest in) Queensland politics, it looks to me like the right idea for the wrong reasons.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  16:21:08  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Yep good old Clive

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/clive-palmer-to-use-power-to-set-up-senate-inquiry-into-newman-government/story-fnihsrf2-1226991565570?sv=82ef10744e371869deb584f35e4a2339&&net_sub_uid=76312510

Newman is going to be voted out next year anyway. One term failure.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  17:26:23  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With the number of predictions you've made on here, and the failure rate of those predictions, sooner or later you're bound to get one right. This could the one.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  18:02:59  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

With the number of predictions you've made on here, and the failure rate of those predictions, sooner or later you're bound to get one right. This could the one.

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  21:17:15  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Yep good old Clive

How the tables have turned! Now who is a Clive supporter!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

The estimates talk fest is all the proof you need that the LNP have ridden rough shod over all democratic procedures and have totally disrespected the entire Westminster system.

The Westminster system was 'disrespected' all the way back to 1922 when the Labor party abolished the upper house. Anything that has happened since is a mere drop in the ocean compared to that act.

Oh and btw - no one that spoke so severely against Bligh including you and given the improvements in both health and crime and the restructuring of the state's finances (don't forget that Bligh accrued $60 billion dollars worth of debt when our terms of trade were at their best) - would ever vote for Labor again. I can understand you not voting for Newman...I mean you didn't vote for him in 2012 despite the deep flaws in this State and it is clear anyway with anything you say that you won't vote Liberal at any level (except if Turnbull was the federal leader) but it defies belief that you could vote Labor again - you should be independent if anything.

As for balance in the parliament, I bet you were crowing after the 2001 election when Beattie had a similar majority.

Pot kettle black always comes to mind when ever I reflect on your changes of position over the years.

Oh Bundy you're such an easy target. The upper house voted itself into history. It saves us money. It's only when governments like Newmans get power that it becomes a problem.

Who had the numbers though

quote:
The best thing that could happen to Australia is if all states consigned themselves to history. The blame games would stop, the duplication would stop and we'd save the tax payer billions.

Well good then you will support Abbott in his efforts to stop the duplication of services between state and federal levels in particular to do with health and education.

I haven't voted Labor at a state level since 2001. In fact I voted for your side in the 2004 state election

quote:
Improvements in Crime. On the radio on the Goldy the other day they said there was an increase in break and enters and opportunity crimes.
Depends on who's spin you listen to. Try reading these for starters
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/the-end-justifies-the-means-why-queensland-is-losing-the-bikie-war-20140120-313dc.html

Another furphy of yours -
“Open data crime rates showed overall crime was reduced 3.5 per cent from October 2013 and May 2014”

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/crime-statistics-tell-varying-stories-on-antigang-laws-20140611-zs4fa.html#ixzz37ixTqi7S
quote:

The bottom link tells the real story on the Newman governments spin doctoring of the real facts.

Health. You have to be joking. A Wynnum heart attack victim spent 90 minutes in the back of an ambulance going to Ipswich because the PA, Mater, Logan and Royal Brisbane didn't have a spare emergency bed.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/24413415/calls-for-probe-into-lack-of-hospital-beds-in-queensland/

So tell me this. What would have happened if it was a multi vehicle crash with multiple serious injuries.

Then we have this
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/cairns/outpatients-say-clearing-cairns-hospitals-surgical-wait-list-is-a-milestone-not-worth-celebrating/story-fnjpusyw-1226977275672

Then the real figures show up
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/cairns/outpatient-crisis-leaves-more-than-18000-without-care-at-cairns-and-hinterland-hospital-and-health-service/story-fnjpusyw-1226985105623

Nice selective story sharing – try some real overarching facts that tell the story
Chief Executive of Metro South Health, Dr Richard Ashby said the results showed the impact of this funding decision on semi-urgent and non-urgent surgery.
“The data shows the number of people waiting for these types of surgery is higher because our surgical capacity was reduced,” Dr Ashby said.
“The State Government worked with Metro South Health to restore funding in October 2013. This allowed the re-recruitment of surgical staff and enabled operating rooms and surgical beds to become fully operational by March 2014. Restoring funding for surgical services has made significant inroads to surgery waiting lists.
“Category 1 long-wait patients have now been reduced from a peak of 17.8% of cases in January 2014 to 0% by the end of April. Total long-waits in all categories have reduced by 58% since January and continue to fall.
“Long-waits today number 747, down from a peak of 2,856 in September 2013.”
Dr Ashby said Metro South Health had also recently received increased federal funding for dental services and the extra funds had delivered major improvements to service delivery to the community.
“Oral Health staff have now eliminated the waiting list (from 10,859 patients on the waiting list down to an incredible zero) for patients seeking dental care appointments and expect to provide an extra 40,000 treatments this year,” he said.

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/metrosouth/news/140519-performance.asp

Compared to this -
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/state-election-2012/spin-check-hospital-wait-times-20120308-1unol.html

You tell me which one is better?
quote:
On the states finances. Come on you're not that gullible to believe the figures thrown around by the LNP
First it was 115 billion, then it was 85 now you're saying it was 60. Funny that not one economist that has publicly commented on the states finances has agreed with Costellos report or what the Shamble Newman government is claiming today.
In fact if these geniuses are so bright can you please explain why they have added around 15 billion to the debt when they have slashed and burnt everything in sight.
Now before you call out the usual Lieberal rubbish about waste.
The money bought us infrastructure. Something that the LNP haven't but have still put us further in debt.

Who said it was $115 billion? I’ve said it was $60 billion before and it was in 2012 when Labor handed the train wreck over to the LNP. The LNP has had to deal with a slowing national and global economy and in 3 years as compared to six the operating budget will be in the black having been in deficit for $6 billion and debt has finally stabilised to 80 billion as opposed to gaining $10 billion dollars per year for 6 years when our terms of trade were at their best. What a stuff up!
quote:

Don't start on the water grid because McArdle was singing it's praises a while ago because they were pumping water to a dry township through it and don't start on the Desal plant either because you've been put in your place with that before as well. With that so called waste they also built new hospitals, new dams and recycled water treatment plant. Something you science non-believers also call waste. Just wait. One day you will be drinking water from that and the desal plant when we get another huge drought.

People just don't understand how close we came to running out of potable water.

I didn’t start on the water grid but since you brought it up as I said before if there was a drought and if the desal plant worked and wasn't a lemon as it is now not even working Beattie would get public praise but since the drought lifted and the desal plant is just a decommissioned mess then it is a disaster and that falls on the person who decided to take on the risk. That is just how it is.

Also about the water grid and more broadly the state buying water assets, I note from a local government perspective and as you ought to know as a ratepayer (probably not in the Redlands as Redlands Water has pretty much seamlessly been brought back under the umbrella of the Council) but it has left a lot of bad taste in people’s mouths because they believe, albeit falsely, that seqwater, unitywater etc have increased prices beyond what they would have done had the state government not chosen to buy the Council’s water assets. Again another mess brought about by Labor’s inability to think things through

quote:
All the bus ways were also built by Labor.

They also built bridges across the river to improve peoples access and traffic flow

Yeah by Labor you also mean Newman right?
quote:

About 40 billion of the debt is carried by once public owned industries that have been sold off to the QIDC, yet it is still classed as public debt. Add the 3 years of Natural disasters and the 25 billion is halved again.
Yet the LNP have added around 15 billion and not one major piece of infrastructure has been built under their watch

Again you fail to realise that the debt was already substantial before the occurrence of these natural disasters. I suppose you supported Bligh’s electricity sell off too? But I suppose you don’t care considering you have solar
quote:

Here's another one for you. The LNP claims the trains now run on time, They forget to tell you that they now take longer from Ipswich than in 1980. They now wait at the stations longer to make the timetable. More fudging of the figures

There's a reason why I didn't vote for Can Do nothing.

Better than what Labor ever delivered -
http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2013/10/22/200-extra-train-services-a-day
quote:
Under his leadership, while the Lord Mayor of the Brisbane City council he amassed billions of dollars of debt.
In Quirks last budget the third biggest ticket item of spending was servicing Shamble Newmans Debt. 115 million dollars a year in interest alone.

I don’t understand – again your double standards are appalling. You celebrate Labor’s so-called great infrastructure achievements while accruing a massive level of debt but you lambast Newman for doing the same for Brisbane – I don’t know what else to say??
quote:
So Bundy your side is no better than the other when it comes to debt but when it comes to the rights of the people, due process, accountability, openness and governing for all Qlders the LNP don't have a clue.
Better move out that Glass house Bundy because you defend everything Coalition/LNP and then whinge about it if Labor do it or have done it

I’ve shot down every argument you have about why you think the LNP can’t govern yet you will vote for Labor. I now know why Bligh got re-elected in 2009.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 17 Jul 2014 22:04:43
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Jul 2014 :  06:21:50  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
you blokes have far too much time on your hands, "get a hair cut and get a real job"

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 18 Jul 2014 :  07:27:31  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

you blokes have far too much time on your hands, "get a hair cut and get a real job"

A certain PM has a 12 mill slush fund to pay internet trolls....to argue his case on forums.....did you miss this Trev?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.89 seconds.