V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 21 Jul 2014 :  13:59:13  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Credit where credit is due, Abbott didn't mince his words condemning the terrorist sponsoring Russians for aiding terrorists to kill 27 Aussies on MH17.

I hope he takes concrete action. Ban them from travelling here until the terrorists face justice.

100%!

Mr Abbott is showing back-bone that some other spineless(Obama)world leaders are not over Russia and its participation in bringing MH17 down!

I think Tony is doing a great job in very difficult circumstance, as is Julia Bishop. Hats off to both of them.

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5113 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 22 Jul 2014 :  10:02:46  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Credit where credit is due, Abbott didn't mince his words condemning the terrorist sponsoring Russians for aiding terrorists to kill 27 Aussies on MH17.

I hope he takes concrete action. Ban them from travelling here until the terrorists face justice.

100%!

Mr Abbott is showing back-bone that some other spineless(Obama)world leaders are not over Russia and its participation in bringing MH17 down!

I think Tony is doing a great job in very difficult circumstance, as is Julia Bishop. Hats off to both of them.

I would imagine the reason the yanks are being quiet is because hardly any of their countrymen were aboard and they don't have a blemish free record when it comes to shooting down civilian airlines.
As for banning Putin from the G20, that'd be stupid. If people want answers direct from the horses mouth, then get him here where maybe the pressure can be put on him to answer those questions. Banning him means questions can't be asked.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Jul 2014 :  12:38:24  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I like the way you are thinking Darren

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 23 Jul 2014 :  14:50:48  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/23/tony-abbott-achieves-the-impossible-unity-among-economists

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 23 Jul 2014 :  17:57:55  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I suppose with any government proposal you find sympathisers

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 28 Jul 2014 :  14:08:40  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.3news.co.nz/Interview-Australian-Treasurer-Joe-Hockey/tabid/1348/articleID/354223/Default.aspx

Oh so Joe has admitted what we all knew.

There is no budget crisis!

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  08:57:53  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Tony Fitzgerald headed up the Royal Commission into corruption that brought down a lot of corrupt Police and just scratched at the wound that was the corrupt politicians.
He kept to his brief at the time and if the terms of reference were widened probably would have brought down even more Pollies.

You can't forget the only thing that stopped Joh Bjelke Petersen going to gaol was a Young National Party Member calls Luke Shaw that managed to get through the jury selection. Shaw also had a cousin at the time that was employed by Flo Bjelke Petersen.
Shaw later become that lunatic Bob Katters campaign director

Fitzgerald has attacked the Labor Party over what he saw as corrupt behaviour and has unloaded both barrels on the Newman government.

His statement makes for some good reading. Especially the bit about Tim Carmody's appointment which even blind man could see that was a political appointment and even a job for a mate.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/tony-fitzgerald-slams-newmans-politically-motivated-apology-20140725-zwtxn.html

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  09:47:59  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tony Fitzgerald has always been a fair, just and honest man.
I met him when he was head of the enquiry (my bro-in-law was chief investigator) and he impressed me then with what he said.
He's still doing it well!
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  10:08:39  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A lot of the old Nationals/LNP have been trying to discredit him for years.

Tim Carmody has even had a shot at him while Borbidge was in power.

Apart from Fitzgerald the real hero in exposing the corruption was the then Premier Mike Ahern.
He gave Fitzgerald all the rope he needed to hang the National Party. Ahern effectively hung himself.

The Moonlight state as it was known, were sad and sorry days for QLD.
Fitzgerald wouldn't be commenting if he didn't think there was a problem

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  13:32:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The same Tim Carmody who the labor party wanted to chair the CMC?

----------------------------

On another note, a certain member on here will be surprised yet saddened to hear comments from Combet today who they thought at one time was prime ministerial material during the chaos years of Rudd/Gillard who said that the greens did nothing for climate change and they blocked many changes that would have contributed greatly to reducing our emissions namely the ets. I don't often side with the greens, in fact I struggle to remember when I did, but the greens voted against the 2009 emissions trading scheme because Labor brought legislation to the table with a reduction target that was considerably lower than what they wanted. The greens are extremists so of course they are going to want the best outcome for the environment which sadly for them and a certain member wasn't that ets that Rudd proposed and shelved.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 29 Jul 2014 21:14:54
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  21:53:22  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
link please Bundy on Carmody

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  21:58:27  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

link please Bundy on Carmody

There is no link regarding this - for obvious reasons

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  07:12:19  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I for one can't remember one thing about Labor wanting to appoint Carmody.

There is a definte link between the LNP and Carmody and those around him.
His appointment was nothing more than political and a job for another mate.
Even if Labor did want him as head of the CMC which I highly doubt because of his obvious political connections, the job as CMC head would be fitting for someone with his qualifications. He isn't qualified enough or even good enough to be Chief Justice.
Yet this government gave one of their mates, a compliant mate, the top job over and above more qualified and capable people.

I suggest you read this part of Fitzgeralds scathing attack on this corrupt government once again

Shortly after the election, the Attorney-General, Jarrod Bleijie, a junior, inexperienced solicitor, appointed a junior, inexperienced barrister, Ryan Haddrick, as his interim Chief of Staff. Haddrick, who had previously worked in the offices of Commonwealth Liberal Party Ministers and a former Queensland LNP opposition leader, had been admitted as a barrister in 2010. At the time of the election, he was a member of a small group of barristers which also included Aaron Simpson, the husband of a media adviser to Bleijie, and Tim Carmody SC, a competent but unremarkable senior counsel in the limited fields in which he practised, who had briefly been a Family Court judge.

In July 2012, a few months after the election, Bleijie appointed Carmody to conduct an inquiry into child protection. Simpson and Haddrick, who had been a barrister for only about 2 years, were among those appointed to assist him. When Haddrick's appointment was criticised, Carmody publicly defended it, unconvincingly stating that Haddrick brought unspecified relevant experience to the role and that appointees were “not selected or excluded on the basis of their connections or perceived affiliations”.

Carmody delivered his report into child protection a year later, in July 2013. It included a startling, politically-charged recommendation that the entire Goss (ALP) Cabinet be considered for prosecution for action taken with the advice of the Crown Solicitor more than 20 years earlier.

Less than three months later, Carmody was appointed Chief Magistrate of Queensland and a District Court Judge. Simpson was also appointed a magistrate.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/tony-fitzgerald-slams-newmans-politically-motivated-apology-20140725-zwtxn.html#ixzz38tSTWo5c

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  12:50:34  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well as you should know that these things are done behind closed doors.

But I will take issue with that second last paragraph you quoted from Fitzgerald (not that you will know anything about it) but he is wrong to contend the former goss cabinet shouldn't have been charged for what they did 20 years on given that it is a criminal offence to destroy documents needed for court proceedings and on the basis of the exact same complaint some 20 years ago to the CJC it wasn't properly investigated. It is irrelevant that crown law gave advice, if it was wrong as found by Carmody eventually well then the person who relies on that advice suffers the consequences with mitigating factors such as good faith reliance being factored in to the punishment.

Edited by - bundy5 on 30 Jul 2014 12:52:03
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  13:06:34  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Closed doors my arse.

Previous governments have been up front and accountable when it came to any legal, high court or chief justice appointments.
Even Bjelke Petersens legal appointments were more transparent than this

On the rest of it.

Witch hunt.
20 years FFS, nothing more than a very poor attempt at a smear
Amazing that the Borbidge government that was around after Goss didn't need to do anything yet these vindictive arseholes had a go.
20 ****ing years later. I hope you and the rest of the LNP trolls have thick skins because your lot are going to need it with what they've got up to in a couple of short years.

What part of 'they were advised by the Crown Solicitor' don't you understand.

They didn't set out to hide a thing they were advised to get rid of it.

Like Abbott's witch hunt with the batts, the blame is being pointed at the wrong people.

If you have an issue take up with the then crown solicitor, they only followed his advice.

If Jarrod Blah had followed the advice of some proper experienced people he might have laws that aren't being challenged in the high court.
Blah tried with the unions and lost that. The bikies will be next

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 8.27 seconds.