V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  18:25:27  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Witch hunt.
20 years FFS, nothing more than a very poor attempt at a smear
Amazing that the Borbidge government that was around after Goss didn't need to do anything yet these vindictive arseholes had a go.
20 ****ing years later. I hope you and the rest of the LNP trolls have thick skins because your lot are going to need it with what they've got up to in a couple of short years.

What part of 'they were advised by the Crown Solicitor' don't you understand.

They didn't set out to hide a thing they were advised to get rid of it.

It was the cabinet's decision - at the end of the day the buck stops with them not Crown law. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. If reliance on crown law was absolute, they would be above the law, no? That no one could accuse their decisions to be unlawful.

Bottom line is, they decided to destroy the documents even though they were put on notice from solicitors before this decision that they wanted those documents for future legal proceedings. Look at section 129 of the criminal code and then come back to me.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cc189994/s129.html

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  22:31:18  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes it was the Cabinets decision but it was done under the advice of the Crown solicitor.

So past history. Why this government decided to waste money on this, is beyond me.
It was never going to help the victims and Ministers wouldn't have too much trouble defending any charges.
Their defence would have been that they followed the advice of the Crown solicitor. Enough said.
So why did this even make the light of day?
Political skull doggery, all orchestrated by Blah and his close mates trying to discredit the opposition.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  22:39:49  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So I can just go commit a crime if I have legal advice which says that I can?

Why did this make the light of day well for one which Fitzgerald himself is meant to be a firm believer of is that it is meant to restore faith in the justice system that all people are equal before the law and not above it and politicians can't abuse their power or the law to interfere with the administration of justice.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  23:36:13  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No it made the light of day because it was used to try and discredit the opposition. You'd be complete ****ing idiot to believe anything else

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  12:17:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You have absolutely no idea

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  18:03:01  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Got my power first power bill post carbon tax. A whopping $1.87 cheaper.

Multiplied by 4, it's a tad shy of the $550 Abbott promised me.

Still 6c a Kw/h dearer than it was before the introduction of the carbon tax.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  18:09:43  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is that an annual bill? Do you only use electricity at home? Are you completely self-sufficient from home? - don't need to buy anything from the shops, drive anywhere etc

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  18:13:41  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Is that an annual bill? Do you only use electricity at home? Are you completely self-sufficient from home? - don't need to buy anything from the shops, drive anywhere etc

I thought it was Tony's plan to put the GST up on all those things?

Now every Aussie kid will pay thousands more for education that actually helps the community, but they can play some video games for $1 cheaper a year. Whoo hoo.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/unfair-poor-graduates-to-pay-about-30-per-cent-more-than-rich-under-abbott-governments-university-interest-rate-fee-changes-20140731-3cvi6.html

****ing Libs only ever screw regular Aussies.

Clive has the right idea. Remove the failures as soon as possible.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 31 Jul 2014 18:19:43
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  21:04:55  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I love how all you labor supporters think Clive is the greatest thing since sliced bread now. 2 years ago you would have said he was more of a loony than Abbott.

Anyway back to the GST, not sure it is his plan but it is in a couple of the premiers' plans. A couple of roadblocks in the way is that the gst wasn't included in the tax reform review and it needs to go to an election.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  21:30:57  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

more of idea than you sunshine.

How old were you when all this was happening??

Oh that's right you were still ****ting yellow and mum was changing your nappy.

So Einstein what did re-living it all over again achieve??

I can tell you that because I only ask questions that I already know the answer too.

It made 5/8s of **** all difference

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  21:43:24  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:

more of idea than you sunshine.

How old were you when all this was happening??

Oh that's right you were still ****ting yellow and mum was changing your nappy.

So Einstein what did re-living it all over again achieve??

I can tell you that because I only ask questions that I already know the answer too.

It made 5/8s of **** all difference

As I said you have absolutely no idea.

Lol going after the crown solicitors than the people who actually acted on that advice and made the decision. Advice at the end of the day is just that it is advice it is not a position at law - that you would need a ruling, judgement of a court or tribunal.

Read my first post again - the advice was wrong and the cabinet should pay the consequences for breaching the criminal code. Now those consequences will be limited I grant you given the length of time, the death of witnesses and the good faith reliance (even though that could probably be thrown out too given the motives behind destroying those documents)

I refer you to a couple of cases - firstly Ensbey - where a pastor destroyed the diary of a young girl which had in it details of abuse and he was found guilty under section 129 of the criminal code even though no legal proceedings had been foreshadowed at the time. And the High Court case of Ostrowski where a fisherman relied on advice from the State Fisheries Department that he could fish in a particular spot only to be found that he couldn't fish there and was fined. The HC decided there that ignorance of the law is no excuse and the fine should stand.

So once again you have absolutely no ****ing idea.

http://www.hcourt.gov.au/assets/publications/judgment-summaries/2004/hca30-2004-06-16.pdf

http://archive.sclqld.org.au/qjudgment/2004/QCA04-335b.pdf

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  23:12:02  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Yep Col is right, you have no "****ing idea".

Power still costs more than before the carbon tax.
Carbon Tax didn't apply to fuel.
Went shopping yesterday, nothing was cheaper.
My income tax went up $3 a week.

Everything I gained under Labor has been wiped out plus more.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  18:13:37  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/unpopular-uni-debts-likely-to-be-reversed-20140731-3cx9c.html

ha ha the Failures in Charge have already back-flipped on their ridiculous HECS changes!

These 'adults' can't seem to keep their story straight for more than a day. Pyne the ponce, breaks promises and backflips.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  18:50:15  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see we're back to name calling and personal attacks.
Clean it up voluntarily and keep it that way or the Christmas trees will light up very quickly.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  19:41:03  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whose we? Col is the one who is personally attacking me. I'm simply making the point that he has no idea what he is going on about.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.08 seconds.