V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  19:49:34  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think LG is referring to 27GV, settle down bundy

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 01 Aug 2014 19:50:28
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  21:31:19  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:

You have absolutely no idea

more of idea than you sunshine.

How old were you when all this was happening??

Oh that's right you were still ****ting yellow and mum was changing your nappy.

So Einstein what did re-living it all over again achieve??

I can tell you that because I only ask questions that I already know the answer too.

It made 5/8s of **** all difference

As I said you have absolutely no idea.

Lol going after the crown solicitors than the people who actually acted on that advice and made the decision. Advice at the end of the day is just that it is advice it is not a position at law - that you would need a ruling, judgement of a court or tribunal.

Read my first post again - the advice was wrong and the cabinet should pay the consequences for breaching the criminal code. Now those consequences will be limited I grant you given the length of time, the death of witnesses and the good faith reliance (even though that could probably be thrown out too given the motives behind destroying those documents)

I refer you to a couple of cases - firstly Ensbey - where a pastor destroyed the diary of a young girl which had in it details of abuse and he was found guilty under section 129 of the criminal code even though no legal proceedings had been foreshadowed at the time. And the High Court case of Ostrowski where a fisherman relied on advice from the State Fisheries Department that he could fish in a particular spot only to be found that he couldn't fish there and was fined. The HC decided there that ignorance of the law is no excuse and the fine should stand.

So once again you have absolutely no ****ing idea.

http://www.hcourt.gov.au/assets/publications/judgment-summaries/2004/hca30-2004-06-16.pdf

http://archive.sclqld.org.au/qjudgment/2004/QCA04-335b.pdf

If you didn't go off half cocked all the time and ditched your know it all attitude you'd gain a little more respect around here.

I have no idea.
How about you ****ing read things instead of skimming and claiming the high moral ground like the rest of the LNP trolls that inhabit the comments pages of the Murdoch press.

Show me where I said it was ok for the then cabinet ministers to shred the papers. Come on show me.
The crown solicitor is paid to give advice on legal matters involving the government. The advice was incorrect

Not once have I said that what they did was ok or lawful.

I said it was a witch hunt a bloody expensive one at that.

Doesn't matter, like all rusted on LNP supporters you've deflected the issue. The issue was about the small group all very closely inked to Blah. The new chief Justice being one of them..

It was so funny looking at the news tonight and seeing one other Judge sitting next to Blahs mate Carmody and 2 empty rows of seats that would normally be occupied by the other Judges.

Carmody is as arrogant as the germs that gave him the job. He'd resign if he wasn't so full of himself

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  21:37:13  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Show me where I said it was ok for the then cabinet ministers to shred the papers. Come on show me.
The crown solicitor is paid to give advice on legal matters involving the government. The advice was incorrect

Not once have I said that what they did was ok or lawful.

Don't try to back out with what you said:

quote:

What part of 'they were advised by the Crown Solicitor' don't you understand.

They didn't set out to hide a thing they were advised to get rid of it.

Like Abbott's witch hunt with the batts, the blame is being pointed at the wrong people.

If you have an issue take up with the then crown solicitor, they only followed his advice.

Enough said.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  21:55:57  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Massive Fail.

Now you've got us all off track. Please explain why some one like Carmody can make chief Justice.
He's nothing special. Done nothing that would make him worthy of such a position. Doesn't stand out as being a huge talent.

His only qualification for the job was being in Blahs little circle.

His appointment was political and only a complete and utter nutter would say it wasn't

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  21:58:08  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I haven't got us off track at all. I never engaged with you about Carmody being Chief Justice from your last article posted. The only way we will get back on track is for you to acknowledge your mistake.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  22:53:53  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My mistake try reading it properly

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  22:58:24  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Like Abbott's witch hunt with the batts, the blame is being pointed at the wrong people.

If you have an issue take up with the then crown solicitor, they only followed his advice.

Explain to me how this isn't saying what they did was ok?

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  08:44:25  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
PPL now shelved, public uproar over his 3 million job i/vs per month job scheme.....Palmer labeling the budget a complete failure and calling for a DD.....it's all falling to pieces....very,very fast!

You know.....I am quite enjoying watch this terrible Government fray apart....

Looks like Morrison has been caught lying again....now this creep....I don't enjoy....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 03 Aug 2014 09:05:26
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  09:37:33  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I find it funny how both sides in here are doing backflips on palmer which would be in medal contention in the comm games

fair dinkium......the sooner you all realise that BOTH sides are rubbish the better...most post's in here are pathetic at best

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  10:35:22  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

PPL now shelved, public uproar over his 3 million job i/vs per month job scheme.....Palmer labeling the budget a complete failure and calling for a DD.....it's all falling to pieces....very,very fast!

That's a shame for you REM - the one policy from Abbott you actually agreed with - that and the levy on high income earners

But more to the substance of your point, I spent a lot of time on here defending the PPL scheme and while I don't like to admit that I was arguing just for the sake of my partisan political thinking I think that Abbott was really pushing the wheelbarrow up the hill on this one.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  11:52:58  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Since when did I "ever" agree with the PPL...? Money should be put into childcare centres.....not middle class welfare to wealthy mums....

Block supply....and kick this rotten lot out!....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  13:23:09  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Since when did I "ever" agree with the PPL...? Money should be put into childcare centres.....not middle class welfare to wealthy mums....

Not much point as the replacements are just as rotten!
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  14:57:07  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:

Advised to get rid of it. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
Crown solicitor gave the advice. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
Take it with him he made the advice and was paid to do.
Once again. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:

I told you to read things properly your comment on the PPL proves that you don't.
Reading mate, they teach that at school you know

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  15:18:59  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Not much point as the replacements are just as rotten!

and that is the biggest issue that I have... there may be folk in Lib/Lab who are ok folk... both sides may even have the odd half decent agenda...

but it is all just a game for all of them, it is our lives... we are all just pawns to them as they pat themselves on the back and waste our money and look after themselves...

if either group had the balls to actually get rid of the wastage and make pollies accountable and equal to the average Australian then I might actually think that Lab or Lib was worth voting for...

but I am safe because it will never happen.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  15:25:32  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:

Advised to get rid of it. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
Crown solicitor gave the advice. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
Take it with him he made the advice and was paid to do.
Once again. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:

I told you to read things properly your comment on the PPL proves that you don't.
Reading mate, they teach that at school you know

It is pretty clear to me that where you said that the cabinet only relied on advice that you were legitimising their actions. Unless you wish to clairfy your position, that is?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.09 seconds.