V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  17:44:04  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Since when did I "ever" agree with the PPL...? Money should be put into childcare centres.....not middle class welfare to wealthy mums....

Block supply....and kick this rotten lot out!....

Not much point as the replacements are just as rotten!

Unless you are a pensioner, a student, unemployed, sick, care about the environment....etc, etc....then...they are no where near as bad as this current rotten bunch!!! Abbott and his big business mates....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  17:52:59  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Since when did I "ever" agree with the PPL...? Money should be put into childcare centres.....not middle class welfare to wealthy mums....

Block supply....and kick this rotten lot out!....

Not much point as the replacements are just as rotten!

Unless you are a pensioner, a student, unemployed, sick, care about the environment....etc, etc....then...they are no where near as bad as this current rotten bunch!!! Abbott and his big business mates....

Have to disagree REM - both major mobs are so far up their own arses it really doesn't matter which on is in. We are screwed either way.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  22:37:46  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seems with Ebola in the news Abbott is taking steps to...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/treasurer-joe-hockey-prime-minister-tony-abbott-set-to-swing-the-budget-axe-against-111-programs/story-fni0cx12-1227011367903?nk=156fb8c792de7d7dc69fc57f9605ee84

...cut funding to immunization programs!

"AUSTRALIA’S immunisation program delivering lifesaving vaccines is among the targets of a secret hit list of $165 million in federal Budget cuts."

LOL is there anything Abbott can't destroy? God this mob are a bunch of failures.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  22:38:44  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/treasurer-joe-hockey-prime-minister-tony-abbott-set-to-swing-the-budget-axe-against-111-programs/story-fni0cx12-1227011367903?nk=156fb8c792de7d7dc69fc57f9605ee84

"AUSTRALIA’S immunisation program delivering lifesaving vaccines is among the targets of a secret hit list of $165 million in federal Budget cuts."

LOL is there anything Abbott can't destroy? God this mob are a bunch of failures.

Another user pays initiative?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  22:45:04  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Another user pays initiative?

You mean like the carbon tax was on polluters?

It sounds more like 'screw the average Aussie' to me.

quote:
They include a $26 million cut over four years to Family Relationship Services, a $1.6 million cut to the National Disability Advocacy Program and a $13 million cut to Aged Care Service Improvement.

Old, disabled, families - you can't escape Abbott's abuse.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  07:29:04  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:

quote:

My mistake try reading it properly

quote:

What part of 'they were advised by the Crown Solicitor' don't you understand.

No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
They didn't set out to hide a thing they were advised to get rid of it.

Advised to get rid of it. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
Like Abbott's witch hunt with the batts, the blame is being pointed at the wrong people.
Crown solicitor gave the advice. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
If you have an issue take up with the then crown solicitor, they only followed his advice.
Take it with him he made the advice and was paid to do.
Once again. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
Explain to me how this isn't saying what they did was ok?

I told you to read things properly your comment on the PPL proves that you don't.
Reading mate, they teach that at school you know

It is pretty clear to me that where you said that the cabinet only relied on advice that you were legitimising their actions. Unless you wish to clairfy your position, that is?

Wasn't legitimising anything. Just said it how it was.
Your comments about REM agreeing with the PPL shows that you don't read things properly.

EDIT.

Just shows how out of touch the LNP are in Qld when they continue to ignore what people on the street are saying and it's pretty much what Fitzgerald also thinks.
Had to laugh at the comments about Des Houghton. He is a well paid News Corp LNP troll. After the election the constant dribble about the Labor party all but dried up, but now that the LNP is in a position that they could well lose the next election Ruphys lap dog has managed negative articles for Labor for about the last 3 months all while saying the LNP government should be proud of what they have done and basically kissing Ruphys and the LNPs arse.
Last Saturdays Courier Mail was a classic. They ran front page headline and a page 2 and 3 story attacking the judges who didn't show up.
Nothing about how close the new Chief justice is to the government or were his political allegiance lies.
This appointment is up there with Bjelke-Petersen appointing a corrupt copper as the Commissioner.
It really is pathetic journalism from Houghton and the Courier Mail

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/queensland-government-made-threats-fitzgerald-20140802-zztfy.html

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 04 Aug 2014 09:12:35
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  09:22:17  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Abbott's new sick tax about to get rattled as well.....fray, fray...fray...it's a complete and utter disaster of a budget!

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/coalition-mps-break-ranks-on-7-gp-charges-20140803-3d2al.html

C'mon Tone...be a man call a DD and take the policies to a poll...let the people choose!

Lie a day campaign about to commence as well........

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  09:44:06  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That lie a day campaign is funny. I reckon you could start now with Phoney Tony and you'd still be able to find material for it till the day he died

Treasury figures are even stating what we all know. That this budget is nothing more than an attack on the people that can least afford it

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/budget-cuts-hit-lowestincome-earners-hardest-says-treasury-20140803-zzwhz.html

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  09:52:21  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
First time ever lack of social cost modelling on various income families always gave that (dirty)trick away Col....lower income families...."we are counting on you being dumb!"....

Edited by - REM on 04 Aug 2014 09:59:14
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  09:53:55  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Weirdly I do agree with some of the MPs thoughts over Abbotts Paid Parental Leave as they do have a valid point over it. Why should the PPL be implemented when they are cutting back on welfare?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  11:35:43  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/coalition-mps-break-ranks-on-7-gp-charges-20140803-3d2al.html

Now even Liberal MPs are condemning aspects of Abbotts failed budget.

I just spoke with a Liberal voting friend yesterday; he spent years bagging Gillard. Well now he wants her back. As for the Libs, he isn't voting for them again. Nor are his pensioner parents. It's PUP instead. I think you'll find Abbott has wiped out a good portion of the natural Liberal support base with his vile budget.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  12:38:43  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree that Abbott and hockey have tried to go too far with the budget but we couldn't sustain the spending as it was indefinitely.
It had to be reined in.
They should have gone about it a little at a time.
My fear is that if Labor control the budget we'll go back to unsustainable spending in no time at all.
We desperately need a middle ground.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 04 Aug 2014 12:40:32
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  13:57:05  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I heard an engrossing interview with Mark Latham today. The more he spoke, the more I was agreeing with what he said. Here it is: http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2014/08/04/4060297.htm?site=conversations Click on the Audio link. It goes for 50 minutes, but he held my attention for every one of them.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  15:53:38  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I agree that Abbott and hockey have tried to go too far with the budget but we couldn't sustain the spending as it was indefinitely.
It had to be reined in.
They should have gone about it a little at a time.
My fear is that if Labor control the budget we'll go back to unsustainable spending in no time at all.
We desperately need a middle ground.

Spending is not the only problem. To many tax breaks for the rich and corporation. Giving up more money than Abbott and the Libs are hitting the poor for.

And it was Howard and the Libs that beefed up vote buying welfare. Hard to pin Labor for spending when you have Abbott and co pushing his PPL barrow.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  18:46:34  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My mistake try reading it properly

quote:

What part of 'they were advised by the Crown Solicitor' don't you understand.

No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
They didn't set out to hide a thing they were advised to get rid of it.

Advised to get rid of it. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
Like Abbott's witch hunt with the batts, the blame is being pointed at the wrong people.
Crown solicitor gave the advice. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
If you have an issue take up with the then crown solicitor, they only followed his advice.
Take it with him he made the advice and was paid to do.
Once again. No didn't say it was ok or legal

quote:
Explain to me how this isn't saying what they did was ok?

I told you to read things properly your comment on the PPL proves that you don't.
Reading mate, they teach that at school you know

It is pretty clear to me that where you said that the cabinet only relied on advice that you were legitimising their actions. Unless you wish to clairfy your position, that is?

Wasn't legitimising anything. Just said it how it was.

Well I tried.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.78 seconds.