V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  16:22:38  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Most certainly flopped, and there will be more to come, they know they are getting flogged in the polls, their lies are catching up, Hockey with his 'budget emergency' was a Furphy on which all budget policy was set, now there are being exposed that there is no budget emergency and they are being taken to account on it

Funny how there is no 'budget emergency' yet the PPL was canned.

Massive contradiction is never a good look......sure there is a bored billionaire somewhere who can give them some policy and direction....and something to stand for......anything...someone?

Isn't that meant to be backflip?

I mean to axe the PPL is entirely consistent with Abbott's main election theme of bringing the budget back under control.

Is that why Abbott and his closest stooges have said the PPL is still on track for 1 July 2015?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  21:08:06  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Listening to all you Labor tragics in this thread bemoan the government it is obvious to me that we haven't reached the bottom of the barrel yet for you to realise that this country needs to go under a major restructure similar to what we saw when Howard took over from Keating - introduction of new workplace laws, gst, closer alliance with neighbouring trading partners etc

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

A shame that the Labor party right won the war on maintaining section 18D of the Racial Discrimination Act through their usual tactics of scaremongering. The Labor party left would recognise that it is just another dilution of free speech similar to other Labor party right ideas such as regulation of the national press club and internet filtering.

Meh, it's a non event anyway as it was only designed so their number one mouthpiece could say what he wanted.

It was about more than that.

It was about protecting the fundamental right for speech to be free from government intervention and control.

The government shouldn't be able to prosecute you, albeit for civil penalties only, against a law whose interpretation is so open to conjecture.

If someone says something racist, it shouldn't be up to the government to punish you; it should instead be up to community standards to declare those words unacceptable and if a person or group believes that their reputation or standing is damaged from those words they should be able to sue under defamation laws.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 06 Aug 2014 21:16:07
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  21:19:54  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd just settle for an Australian to be our PM

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/tony-abbott-show-the-public-your-british-citizenship-renunciation-form-proving-you-were-not-elected-to-our-parliament-illegally-2?recruiter=34030554&utm_campaign=mailto_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

So if Abbott is Australian why have FOI requests proving his British Citizenship renunciation been knocked back.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  21:22:18  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bundy, if that law was passed, would it work both ways?

If you say something racist to to me, Can I reply in an equally racist tone?

(this is an example of course )

Edited by - CP on 06 Aug 2014 21:22:57
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  21:22:25  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/tony-abbott-show-the-public-your-british-citizenship-renunciation-form-proving-you-were-not-elected-to-our-parliament-illegally-2?recruiter=34030554&utm_campaign=mailto_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

So if Abbott is Australian why have FOI requests proving his British Citizenship renunciation been knocked back.

I would have thought that such an application would be his personal affairs and therefore they have every right to knock it back.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  21:41:21  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Bundy, if that law was passed, would it work both ways?

If you say something racist to to me, Can I reply in an equally racist tone?

(this is an example of course )

Yeah sure you can. And technically, depending on what you say and where you say it, you could be done under this section of the Racial Discrimination Act. But because you are both saying it I wouldn't have thought there would be much public interest in pursuing either one of you.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  22:09:18  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Listening to all you Labor tragics in this thread bemoan the government it is obvious to me that we haven't reached the bottom of the barrel yet for you to realise that this country needs to go under a major restructure similar to what we saw when Howard took over from Keating - introduction of new workplace laws, gst, closer alliance with neighbouring trading partners etc

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

A shame that the Labor party right won the war on maintaining section 18D of the Racial Discrimination Act through their usual tactics of scaremongering. The Labor party left would recognise that it is just another dilution of free speech similar to other Labor party right ideas such as regulation of the national press club and internet filtering.

Meh, it's a non event anyway as it was only designed so their number one mouthpiece could say what he wanted.

It was about protecting the fundamental right for speech to be free from government intervention and control.

The government shouldn't be able to prosecute you, albeit for civil penalties only, against a law whose interpretation is so open to conjecture.

If someone says something racist, it shouldn't be up to the government to punish you; it should instead be up to community standards to declare those words unacceptable and if a person or group believes that their reputation or standing is damaged from those words they should be able to sue under defamation laws.

careful ol mate.....Tony's gunna keep this(and everythuing else on the net and e-mail) for 2 years now.....in case he and his Govt. mates need to prosecute you for something....you say Can you even think of a bigger example of social control/invasion of privacy and freedom of speech in the history of our country? Big brutha Ton is watching you.......scary, very scary stuff....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 06 Aug 2014 22:26:24
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  22:53:43  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

careful ol mate.....Tony's gunna keep this(and everythuing else on the net and e-mail) for 2 years now.....in case he and his Govt. mates need to prosecute you for something....you say Can you even think of a bigger example of social control/invasion of privacy and freedom of speech in the history of our country? Big brutha Ton is watching you.......scary, very scary stuff....

I'm not so much worried about the liberal party tracking my movements more the labor party if they get back in government

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  22:56:39  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

I'm not so much worried about the liberal party tracking my movements more the labor party if they get back in government

Pretty sure the ALP will repeal this when they get back in.....meanwhile...the Libs will give to any govt agency and probably any private body who wants it and will pay for it.....think of the marketing opportunties....yet another very good reason for a Federal level ICAC I reckon....

Edited by - REM on 06 Aug 2014 22:57:49
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  07:09:22  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

I would have thought that such an application would be his personal affairs and therefore they have every right to knock it back.

When you are the PM of this country and have been in parliament since the 90's and are in possible breach of the section 44 of the Constitution they have no right at all to knock it back.

What's Phoney Tony hiding

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  07:13:33  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nothing to worry about here....

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/george-brandis-in-car-crash-interview-over-controversial-data-retention-regime-20140806-101849.html

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  07:55:50  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How can you tell when the Newman government is lying??

When any of them open their mouths.

CH 9 news last night Newmand his half illiterate Police Minister and his puppet Commissioner held a press conference outside the very same restaurant that that the bikies had a punch up in and was responsible for the for Bikie legislation..

Newman, Dempsey and Stewart all told us that crime had dropped 11%. The real figure was 2% and after increase in the last couple of years has just got them back where they started.
Yes rates of assault, robbery, arson and unlawful entry are down they don't tell the whole story.

Drug relater offences up 16%, weapons offence up 12%, extortion up 101%, sexual assault up 1% and domestic violence order breaches up 13%.
While I agree with the bikie crackdown it's quite obvious the bikie laws haven't done much to stop the crimes that they are predominately involved in like drugs, weapons and extortion. The bikies are still doing their thing, they just aren't wearing their colours.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/queensland-crime-rate-drops-by-two-per-cent-20140806-101697.html

Enough of the Ringling Brothers Circus in QLD
Time for the Canberra circus.

While Phoney Tony has been Rabbiting on about boats and breaking conventions we actually signed up to, we got more problems at our airports then we do in our oceans.

I can see the next election 3 word slogan already.

STOP THE PLANES.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/terror-touches-down-20140806-3d8wj.html

This government is clueless

Edited by - bigcol on 07 Aug 2014 08:01:48
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  12:17:05  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

When you are the PM of this country and have been in parliament since the 90's and are in possible breach of the section 44 of the Constitution they have no right at all to knock it back.

What's Phoney Tony hiding

Did Abbott make the decision?

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  12:40:01  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
he would know about the request and I reckon he has the power to veto it, but if there is nothing to hide then let it out

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  12:44:49  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Doh.... http://theaimn.com/multiple-ministers-scoring-goals/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.09 seconds.