V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  14:15:22  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Libs asking Labor supporters to be patient? The Libs are the one rushing around telling everyone things are so bad it must be fixed yesterday. Labor had us heading in the right direction before being turfed out.

Me thinks you've gone dizzy from all that spinning bundy.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  17:09:34  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Libs asking Labor supporters to be patient? The Libs are the one rushing around telling everyone things are so bad it must be fixed yesterday. Labor had us heading in the right direction before being turfed out.

And which direction would that be? Further south

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

sorry not good enough bundy, Abbott promised he would fix every-****ing-thing so he MUST fix it

He will - but the problem with labor supporters, as you epitomize in your response, is that you lack patience. Arguably that is why we ran up the levels of debt that this country did. Careful, methodical, prudent etc are words not in the Labor party's vocabulary.

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-07/unemployment-data-abs-july/5654926

Unemployment hits 6.4%!!!

12 year high! God I wish the ALP was back, those *horrible* days of high employment and prosperity. Good thing Abbott liberated us from all those jobs.

Abbott needs to go before the country goes! When is the recession coming?

what ???????? cant be !!!! according the ALP folks in here the economy is just fine...its all a beat up

Not quite a Labor folk...who agrees.... http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/latest/economy-in-good-shape-hockey/story-e6frg90f-1227003627302?nk=f0f99794a9285c61e00d6998afa14038 .....I believe the term is "flip-flop....

but it seems the failed budget has really hit people's confidence.... There is clear trending evidence that Australians feels less well off now...than 12 months ago..http://www.theguardian.com/business/grogonomics/2014/aug/07/australians-financial-worries-rocket-coalition-failing-sell-budget?CMP=soc_567

If only these forums had been around in 96

quote:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-07/unemployment-data-abs-july/5654926

Unemployment hits 6.4%!!!

12 year high! God I wish the ALP was back, those *horrible* days of high employment and prosperity. Good thing Abbott liberated us from all those jobs.

Abbott needs to go before the country goes! When is the recession coming?

So it was that despite the population growth from 2007 to 2013, that the net effect of their time in office was that unemployment grew by 200,000!

You mean the government who saw us through a recession. I'm sure unemployment didn't rise in Greece, UK, USA, Germany, France... oh wait.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/australia/unemployment-rate

Ruddy gave us a spectacular 4% in 2008. Now **** up Abbott has dragged it to 6.4%. Without a global economic collapse. Just Abbott being a failure.

0.6% rise since Abbott's failed budget! Thanks Tony, you've stopped the jobs.

Rudd didn't give us 4% in 2008. That was the carry on effect of Howard's policies as nothing much had changed or could have changed within a year of the new government. The same theory applies here - not even a year into this new government you labor supporters are blaming Abbott for the rise in the unemployment rate when firstly it was forecast (see Zac's treasury website link on the previous page) and secondly until their election platform promises are fully implemented and achieved (i.e. paying off labor's debt) we won't see any change for the positive in the economy for awhile.

I tend to think his 5 years or so years as opposition leader talking the economy and country down did a lot of harm to public confidence....now followed up by the budget emergency crisis bull**** or whatever it is....then you have all the public servants being laid off.....his belligerent handling of Toyota, Holden and the motor industry, the fruit canning situation....the ship builder industry, undermining the science and R & D/clean energy sector.....he's pretty much ****ed everything up in 12 months...it an't no secret

Bobby E sums it up nively...http://www.independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/the-tipping-point,6755

And Howard was a beacon light back in 1996 saying all things positive about the Australian economy before he got elected? Not to mention followed it up with his first budget with an ever harsher cut to spending (3% of GDP compared to Abbott's 1%).

Any mention of the manufacturing industry is just another example of the Labor Party (albeit begun under Howard) that throwing money at a problem is not the solution. It involves guts in doing something that your supporter base won't like which is changing workplace laws. And not only that but it is about going back to true Labor party values such as protectionism and the re-introduction or increase in tariffs. This seems to be the easier thing to do but the Labor party won't entertain the idea as they like to appear to walk both sides of the fence.

You ask any of these companies and they won't blame Abbott for their fundamental failures. They will blame, in part, a former government that did nothing policy wise to rectify their ails.

Look as a Lib stooge this is the only spin you can possibly put on it...meanwhile...the research shows...people strongly believe they are significantly worse off now than 12 months ago.....and a Govt with a record majority....has hit the skids faster than any before it...kinda speaks for itself really!

Record majority? We aren't talking about Qld politics here

And "significantly" worse off? You will have to show me those statistics...

But irrespective of this, what has occurred since Abbott came to power and has started to right the wrongs of the past under the stewardship (amongst others) of the former world's best treasurer, is that the task at hand is immeasurable and it is immeasurable because of the Labor party's tendency just to throw money around without really thinking about the long term ramifications of doing it, especially in such a reckless and not well thought out manner.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 10 Aug 2014 17:18:03
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  18:12:57  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stop quoting 90 tonne of ****, no one reads it so why do it?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  18:25:37  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Stop quoting 90 tonne of ****, no one reads it so why do it?

It is important in recognising the historical trail of the debate

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  20:23:59  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's the latest research Bundy...it was posted on the last page...http://www.theguardian.com/business/grogonomics/2014/aug/07/australians-financial-worries-rocket-coalition-failing-sell-budget?CMP=soc_567

and more uncomfortable than the last 4 years as well....wow! Things are really turning to poo huh!!!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  20:25:09  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Here's the latest research Bundy...it was posted on the last page...http://www.theguardian.com/business/grogonomics/2014/aug/07/australians-financial-worries-rocket-coalition-failing-sell-budget?CMP=soc_567

and more uncomfortable than the last 4 years as well....wow! Things are really turning to poo huh!!!

Conducted by ME Bank - need I read more!

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  20:28:36  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah.....Bankers....always raving pinkos huh! Don't worry NCOSS and ACOSS studies would doubtless be occurring as we speak.....

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  20:30:22  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Yeah.....Bankers....always raving pinkos huh! Don't worry NCOSS and ACOSS studies would doubtless be occurring as we speak.....

ME Bank is heavily associated with the unions. Take from that what you will

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  20:47:23  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Need somebody independent.....like the IPA or CIS huh?

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  20:49:51  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not sure about either one of those but you won't get too many people from the north shore being caught up in that survey in order to get the best mix of people, if you get what I mean

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  21:05:19  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah much more likely to be Sydney's west than safe Liberal seats like round here! Nothing to worry about then...ol-boy!

Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  21:12:59  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Libs have handed out a harsh budget. Of course it won't be popular, spending needed to be not only stopped but then debt also recovered so it was always going to hurt.

How they have gone about it is not desirable to say the least. But I do see that by the time their term is up the budget will be softened each year to the point it will be looked at a lot differently to now. Why not get the hurt done now, deal with the backlash, then when it gets closer say all is better and here are the benefits?

After all if Tony is still on the nose down the track, I am sure that Malcolm is sitting back waiting and feeling all is good for him for a few years time. No point at jumping in the deep end now while the henchmen are doing the dirty work...

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  21:22:16  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sane words Willsy....course there was all that "no change to pensions, cuts to ABC/SBS, health and education promises prior to last year? Some would say that Julia was hounded for breaking one core promise...here we have just about every single one busted! But it also seems Aussies also respect fairness...and this budget has none....the loss of Medicare will be for ever ...not just 2-3 years, having to work till your 70 for ever...not just 2-3 years....see it now?

re Malcolm.....well he is the most popular Liberal pollie in Australia, of that there is no doubt.....except for one key place...where they just can't stand him....

Edited by - REM on 10 Aug 2014 21:29:45
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  21:40:39  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rudd was hated by his own party but still kicked Julia out. Politics is a crazy world...

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  21:45:42  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah....and looked how that ended up....! Mal's a real Liberal, a social democrat...sadly, he just joined the wrong party....the LNP hard heads won't wear him leading....look at Bolt and Jones et al, what only 2 months ago...

Edited by - REM on 10 Aug 2014 21:46:28
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 14.44 seconds.