V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  22:03:27  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm sure that never in your wildest imaginations would the government drop its plan for changing 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act as you would be aware that it was revenge for Bolt. But here we are - no PPL, no 18C cut - yet all you have to hang your hat on is a few cuts to spending in education, welfare and health that were always to be expected given the budget position. Tough to sell now for sure but come a year or two down the track those western Sydney voters will see that the government has got this country back on track - where it belongs

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 10 Aug 2014 22:04:49
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  22:09:48  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah...sure...when their 20 year old is living at home, can't afford an education and no social security....and also can't afford to go a GP...I'm sure they'll all be trodging off to lay bricks on their 69th birthday....saying..."thank you Mr Abbott and Smokin Joe and your fat cat mates!"

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  12:05:51  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Libs have handed out a harsh budget. Of course it won't be popular, spending needed to be not only stopped but then debt also recovered so it was always going to hurt.

How they have gone about it is not desirable to say the least. But I do see that by the time their term is up the budget will be softened each year to the point it will be looked at a lot differently to now. Why not get the hurt done now, deal with the backlash, then when it gets closer say all is better and here are the benefits?

After all if Tony is still on the nose down the track, I am sure that Malcolm is sitting back waiting and feeling all is good for him for a few years time. No point at jumping in the deep end now while the henchmen are doing the dirty work...

I could actually cope with that concept howeever

The bastards don't know what they are doing, they don't know their arse from their kneecap

They are trying to get the money from those who can least afford, not smart politics in anyone's language, in fact it shows how insensitive they are, and how out of touch they are

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  12:16:53  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Then what do you say about the levy on high income earners? Doesn't that go against what you are saying that "they are trying to get money from those who can least afford" it (not to also mention that they have mean tested some family benefit taxes)

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  15:40:13  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Rob O on the corporatization..of Australian democracy....Zaccy, this is a really good thought provoking read!http://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/topic/politics/2014/08/09/rob-oakeshott-how-big-business-hijacked-parliament/1407506400#.U-VS5fmSzyr

I'm not a fan of Rob O. He says he's fiscally conservative but socially progressive, which is what I say I am, so you'd think I'd be likely to agree with what he says. I do agree with some of what he says in that article, disagree with a lot of it, but don't like his way of saying it. Just like Christopher Pyne irritates Labor voters, and Sarah Hyphen-Young irritates Liberal voters, Rob Oakeshott irritates me. He "lost in politics to money"? No idea what that's about. He's right though, about the laws around political donations in Australia being "loose" - and then there's the corruption that follows. Witness NSW and ICAC as we speak.

Anyway, I read it and it provoked my thoughts. Probably more by disagreeing than agreeing. Thanks for the link.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  17:22:29  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
arguing for argument sake bundy, sorry I can't be bothered anymore

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  17:25:17  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

arguing for argument sake bundy, sorry I can't be bothered anymore

Just pointing out flaws in your argument.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  20:49:30  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Rob O on the corporatization..of Australian democracy....Zaccy, this is a really good thought provoking read!http://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/topic/politics/2014/08/09/rob-oakeshott-how-big-business-hijacked-parliament/1407506400#.U-VS5fmSzyr

I'm not a fan of Rob O. He says he's fiscally conservative but socially progressive, which is what I say I am, so you'd think I'd be likely to agree with what he says. I do agree with some of what he says in that article, disagree with a lot of it, but don't like his way of saying it. Just like Christopher Pyne irritates Labor voters, and Sarah Hyphen-Young irritates Liberal voters, Rob Oakeshott irritates me. He "lost in politics to money"? No idea what that's about. He's right though, about the laws around political donations in Australia being "loose" - and then there's the corruption that follows. Witness NSW and ICAC as we speak.

Anyway, I read it and it provoked my thoughts. Probably more by disagreeing than agreeing. Thanks for the link.

Fair enough.....and of the 2....I much prefer Windsor.....and while the article sees him setting himself up as a victim/martyr....I really think he has encapsulated the issues, process and the current threat to democracy very well....

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 Aug 2014 :  08:20:29  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

True Libertines unite! Rob O on the corporatization..of Australian democracy....Zaccy, this is a really good thought provoking read!And very salient now....given the influences of Twiggy, Gina and Uncle Lester...sorry, I meant Uncle Rupes!

http://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/topic/politics/2014/08/09/rob-oakeshott-how-big-business-hijacked-parliament/1407506400#.U-VS5fmSzyr

Oakeshott is right on one thing, and that is the broken political donation system. In NSW, it is now illegal for property developers (due to Obied and Torbay getting favourable DAs from it) to donate, yet mining and CSG companies can still donate.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Aug 2014 :  19:02:13  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
First dog today....funny as all ****! http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cartoon/2014/aug/13/young-liberals-dog?CMP=soc_567

Edited by - REM on 13 Aug 2014 19:03:01
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  14:05:35  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After Joe Hockey's now world famous gaffe today, the question has to be asked. Are they really going out of their way to spark class warfare?
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  19:54:51  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Team bungles?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/aug/14/as-the-blunders-grow-in-number-can-anyone-actually-challenge-abbott?CMP=soc_567

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  20:23:48  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wasn't going to say this before but Joe Hockey's comments have been misconstrued. Listening on the radio on the way home and this woman finding offence in what he said - I got to - "I find his comments ridiculous. I earn an average salary" - you are not in the category he was talking about - he said the poor shouldn't be affected as much because they don't do as much driving. Not people on average salaries FFS - you are struggling because of the circumstances you find yourself in with your average salary - whether you have taken on too much debt, had too many children or whatever the **** - you are not poor! Poor are people living paycheck to paycheck - missing meals, having parents blow their money on booze and pokies, not having clean clothes or enough clothes - ffs - any reason to have a whinge.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  21:35:58  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

I wasn't going to say this before but Joe Hockey's comments have been misconstrued. Listening on the radio on the way home and this woman finding offence in what he said - I got to - "I find his comments ridiculous. I earn an average salary" - you are not in the category he was talking about - he said the poor shouldn't be affected as much because they don't do as much driving. Not people on average salaries FFS - you are struggling because of the circumstances you find yourself in with your average salary - whether you have taken on too much debt, had too many children or whatever the **** - you are not poor! Poor are people living paycheck to paycheck - missing meals, having parents blow their money on booze and pokies, not having clean clothes or enough clothes - ffs - any reason to have a whinge.

Well....when you're on the stink......you're on the stink.....!

But again Hockey is dead wrong...poor people tend to drive older less efficient cars......Vk-VN Commies, Ef-EA Falcs, Magnas etc.....less serviced....more fuel.....hit harder....basic economics and social policy....

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Aug 2014 :  09:06:19  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

the ABC fact checker checked his 'facts' with data from the ABS, and guess what? Hockey was wrong, it will be on the ABC website for all to see

Hockey wasn't misconstrued, HE WAS FACTUALLY WRONG, he is a **** wit

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.22 seconds.