V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Aug 2014 :  18:04:48  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Much to the dismay of the one eyed Liberal and Labor supporters in Australia, I have to admit that Clive is our only hope for the everyday people who don't care about the Libs and Labor.

Think about it, if Clive is in parliament for his own self interests, then why didn't he support some of the crueler measures in "Operation Budget Repair"?

Ever thought that he is really in it for himself? i.e. gets his train line and port from the Galilee basin and then ****s off.

He probably is, but if so, why hasn't he agreed to pass the harsher budget measures?

Any other political businessman head up arse syndrome sufferer would have done that but Clive hasn't.

Edited by - CP on 24 Aug 2014 18:25:26
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 25 Aug 2014 :  21:24:39  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Much to the dismay of the one eyed Liberal and Labor supporters in Australia, I have to admit that Clive is our only hope for the everyday people who don't care about the Libs and Labor.

Think about it, if Clive is in parliament for his own self interests, then why didn't he support some of the crueler measures in "Operation Budget Repair"?

Ever thought that he is really in it for himself? i.e. gets his train line and port from the Galilee basin and then ****s off.

He probably is, but if so, why hasn't he agreed to pass the harsher budget measures?

Any other political businessman head up arse syndrome sufferer would have done that but Clive hasn't.

Clive is very hard to pigeon hole.....on many issues he is well left of Labor....but one gets the idea that his sense of purpose is a personal vendetta and opportunistic populism......I guess this same purpose worked for Abbott in getting him elected.....one thing though...I'm glad it's not the ALP/Greens that Clive has it in for....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 25 Aug 2014 21:26:34
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 26 Aug 2014 :  07:42:17  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am starting to notice that Abbott and his right wing cronies are trotting out the principle that helped Howard get re-elected, what is it you ask? it is the 'fear campaign', there is lots of evidence that proves that when a population is unsettled they will vote back in the sitting Government, the 'home grown terrorist' is Abbott's (Liberals) attempt at such a ploy.

A bloke on the ABC TV news this morning hit it on the head, yes it is a concern, but so far 125 people have been thought to have gone over there, none have come back, that is 125 in a population of 24 million, someone smarter than me can work out the percentages, but it is **** all, so he gets the population in an uproar over muslims and then more flip, this idiot needs to be kicked out now.

There are bigger pressing issues than this, this is a typical political diversion program to divert our attention away from the absolute shambles called 'the budget' and it getting the population 'scared' so that they will re-elect him

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 26 Aug 2014 :  23:46:11  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I am starting to notice that Abbott and his right wing cronies are trotting out the principle that helped Howard get re-elected, what is it you ask? it is the 'fear campaign', there is lots of evidence that proves that when a population is unsettled they will vote back in the sitting Government, the 'home grown terrorist' is Abbott's (Liberals) attempt at such a ploy.

A bloke on the ABC TV news this morning hit it on the head, yes it is a concern, but so far 125 people have been thought to have gone over there, none have come back, that is 125 in a population of 24 million, someone smarter than me can work out the percentages, but it is **** all, so he gets the population in an uproar over muslims and then more flip, this idiot needs to be kicked out now.

There are bigger pressing issues than this, this is a typical political diversion program to divert our attention away from the absolute shambles called 'the budget' and it getting the population 'scared' so that they will re-elect him

It only takes one wacko with a home made bomb.

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 27 Aug 2014 :  04:32:32  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
it is obviously working

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 27 Aug 2014 :  08:16:14  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
More proof that Politicians are nothing but leeches

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbotts-visit-to-cancer-hospital-used-to-justify-fundraising-visit-20140826-108nxo.html

EDIT

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

Let me refresh your memory.

Campbell Newman and the Lying Nasty Party, LNP for short, told the voters before the election that the Public Service had nothing to fear from an LNP government.
He sacked 14000. Together union claimed at one stage it was over 20000.
The Public service was due for a 3% pay rise in 2012, the same year the LNP were elected. They still haven't got it.
The Labor government froze their own pay and were still going to honour the Public Service pay rise.
The LNP get voted in they give themselves a 42% pay rise and freeze the Public Service wages.
While coping criticism over the sackings Newman referred to the cleaning up the Public service like you would dog crap on the front lawn. Pooper scooping the public service.

So now we have a Public service with moral at all time low. Conditions being eroded and the threat of being sacked if they don't like it or say anything to the media. Nurses not even having enough time to have lunch or go for a toilet break. Then getting in trouble for falling behind in their duties because their work load has increased

During one of the many disputes with the doctors one minister even said if they don't like it he wouldn't care if they were run over by a bus.
The LNP government has picked fights with every part of the Public Service. From Transport to Health. From Park Rangers to Judges.
They have got the lot of them offside.

Now this Lying Nasty Party is paying another consultancy firm to improve relations with the Public Service.
They've already wasted 30 million on consultants for their Stupid Choices Campaign. So they burn through a heap more trying to improve the communication.
Funny but I thought part of being a manager was being able to talk and communicate with your staff. Maybe if the LNP hadn't put their own stooges in everywhere the lines of communications may still be open.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/campbell-newmans-prescription-to-reverse-unhealthy-attitude-to-public-servants-20140827-108y7t.html

Like I said this would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

The best line I read in the comments section was

The LNP have nothing to fear from the Public Service.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 27 Aug 2014 22:14:52
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 27 Aug 2014 :  22:23:46  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/bill-shorten-says-tony-abbott-unfit-to-govern-after-entitlements-leaks-20140827-108vq5.html

quote:
Tony Abbott stunned MPs when he told them he scheduled a visit to a cancer research centre in Melbourne on Tuesday so he could justify billing taxpayers for a Liberal Party fundraiser in the same city the night before.

Mr Shorten told reporters on Wednesday the Prime Minister should "never need an excuse to visit a public hospital in Australia".

Disgusting.

The grub Abbott has been rorting the taxpayer for too long. Remove the rorting grub entirely.

Abbott must go.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 27 Aug 2014 22:26:54
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  05:26:59  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
his time will come, all the **** will come home to roost, he has spread too much **** for none of it to stick

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  08:30:40  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/bill-shorten-says-tony-abbott-unfit-to-govern-after-entitlements-leaks-20140827-108vq5.html

quote:
Tony Abbott stunned MPs when he told them he scheduled a visit to a cancer research centre in Melbourne on Tuesday so he could justify billing taxpayers for a Liberal Party fundraiser in the same city the night before.

Mr Shorten told reporters on Wednesday the Prime Minister should "never need an excuse to visit a public hospital in Australia".

Disgusting.

The grub Abbott has been rorting the taxpayer for too long. Remove the rorting grub entirely.

Abbott must go.

That's right - pick on one only.

Every single politician whether Liberal, ALP, Green, PUP, Independent, in other words from any or no party does exactly the same thing and has always done it. Any politician who speaks out against what Abbott told his cohorts is the grub as he/she will have done it as well.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  08:48:22  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One in 24 million. Let's see....

That's 1/24,000,000th of the population.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  10:26:22  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He is the leader Zac and LG, he held heaps of others to account as the Liberals blood-hound, he is not above the same scrutiny, in fact because of the blood lust for others it has made him more of a target

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  11:31:01  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Considering he had to re-pay a shed load of travel rorts in the past makes him out to be a serial scammer.

Then again that's what politicians do best

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  14:16:37  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

He is the leader Zac and LG, he held heaps of others to account as the Liberals blood-hound, he is not above the same scrutiny, in fact because of the blood lust for others it has made him more of a target
Yes, he is the leader. Tony Abbott is the Prime Minister of Australia. (It still sounds funny, even after almost a year.) When I posted that, I was thinking about your "that's 125 in a population of 24 million". I was also agreeing that "because of the blood lust for others" it has made them "more of a target". Only 125 doesn't mean you do nothing about them when it only takes a very few to cause problems. I doubt it was a "typical political diversion program", but that's just my opinion - as it was for the person who came up with that notion.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  15:14:26  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:

Disgusting.

Abbott must go.

That's right - pick on one only.

Every single politician whether Liberal, ALP, Green, PUP, Independent, in other words from any or no party does exactly the same thing and has always done it. Any politician who speaks out against what Abbott told his cohorts is the grub as he/she will have done it as well.

It's amazing listening and reading Lib supporters how they have changed their tune since the Abbott government has shown it's just as, if not more inept.

Remember LG, Labor, Greens, PUP or Independent are not in Government.

On a side note what happened to all those "swing" voters on here that gave Labor a hard time over their stuff ups. Deathly silence...

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  15:41:30  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What are you on about Albert?
It doesn't matter what side a politician is on they all do the same thing.
I haven't seen 27GV acknowledge that and I won't hold my breath waiting for it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.92 seconds.