No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 590

AlbertM
Crackpot

12998 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Oct 2014 :  19:31:34  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

That should make sure we don't get locked in the middle of a discussion?

I don't care if I don't get a single reply in this thread, but something Albert posted in the Swan thread cannot go unanswered because it is typical of the ALP voter - come out blazing, all guns firing from the hip using outdated figures, half truths and misinformation.....

Here's where we left off :
-------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
Never mind Albie, Bundy - it's a pick-and-chooseathon with him....for example, the cost of Nauru - it was around $165m a year, give or take

Gillard's solution? Or should i say 'non-solution'....she doesn't have any ideas yet, does she? They don't even process them anymore - off the boats and straight into houses ( when we have AUSTRALIAN'S who can't get a home to live in ) - they're coming too fast...

$750m a year.

Close, Albie...

http://www.oxfam.org.au/resources/filestore/originals/OAus-PriceTooHighAsylumSeekers-0807.pdf

See I can post links too.
---------------------------------------------------------

Let's go through this, shall we.

Firstly - Oxfam? really?

Secondly - it's dated 2007. Really? THAT'S what you want to use in argument?......ok.......

From Albert's link.....

One part : "In the six years since the Tampa crisis in August 2001, Australian taxpayers have spent more than $1
billion to process less than 1,700 asylum seekers in offshore locations"

So, that equates to about $165m a year. I seem to recall someone else quoting what it was costing under Howard...oh yeah...me!
And 1700 over 6 years? barely a trickle....

It gets better ( thank you SO much for this, Albert!! Seriously, you're doing the work for me...)

"Offshore processing in Nauru, Manus Island and Christmas Island has amounted to at least $1 billion since 2001. By comparison, the latest estimates from DIAC suggest that to process 1,700
asylum seekers for 90 days each at Villawood detention centre in Sydney would have cost around $35 million around 3.5 per cent of the cost of processing them offshore."

I'm assuming that you have used this to illustrate that Villawood was only going to cost us $35m a year and we should have done that instead of spending $165m offshore?
That was PRE-ALP estimates though, wasn't it?
In 2007.
Under Howard's control.
Before Rudd canned the whole thing?

Now, for something a bit newer - like maybe 6 months old - a bit more relevant, don't you think?? Something that illustrates perfectly the ALP's handling of the situation and MY money:

( Let's keep in mind Howards 1700 applications over 6 years and Albie's figure of what should have been $35m to do it here, ok...)

"ASRC says last year Australia received 8,250 asylum claims via air and sea arrivals"

In ONE year!!!!!!!

Now :

"ASRC says budget papers reveal the cost of Australia's immigration detention system will hit $800 million in 2011-12. "

In ONE year!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-05-18/understanding-the-asylum-seeker-debate/2718820

Yep - good argument, Albert. Thanks for the data to compare and show what a ****ing **** job these clowns are doing with everything they touch.

Like I said, I don't care if this thread goes nowhere, but that just couldn't be left to lay as it was....

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/offshore-detention-centres-annual-costs-hit-1-billion-20141020-118s6i.html

Oops!

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 21 Oct 2014 :  21:02:01  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

That should make sure we don't get locked in the middle of a discussion?

I don't care if I don't get a single reply in this thread, but something Albert posted in the Swan thread cannot go unanswered because it is typical of the ALP voter - come out blazing, all guns firing from the hip using outdated figures, half truths and misinformation.....

Here's where we left off :
-------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
Never mind Albie, Bundy - it's a pick-and-chooseathon with him....for example, the cost of Nauru - it was around $165m a year, give or take

Gillard's solution? Or should i say 'non-solution'....she doesn't have any ideas yet, does she? They don't even process them anymore - off the boats and straight into houses ( when we have AUSTRALIAN'S who can't get a home to live in ) - they're coming too fast...

$750m a year.

Close, Albie...

http://www.oxfam.org.au/resources/filestore/originals/OAus-PriceTooHighAsylumSeekers-0807.pdf

See I can post links too.
---------------------------------------------------------

Let's go through this, shall we.

Firstly - Oxfam? really?

Secondly - it's dated 2007. Really? THAT'S what you want to use in argument?......ok.......

From Albert's link.....

One part : "In the six years since the Tampa crisis in August 2001, Australian taxpayers have spent more than $1
billion to process less than 1,700 asylum seekers in offshore locations"

So, that equates to about $165m a year. I seem to recall someone else quoting what it was costing under Howard...oh yeah...me!
And 1700 over 6 years? barely a trickle....

It gets better ( thank you SO much for this, Albert!! Seriously, you're doing the work for me...)

"Offshore processing in Nauru, Manus Island and Christmas Island has amounted to at least $1 billion since 2001. By comparison, the latest estimates from DIAC suggest that to process 1,700
asylum seekers for 90 days each at Villawood detention centre in Sydney would have cost around $35 million around 3.5 per cent of the cost of processing them offshore."

I'm assuming that you have used this to illustrate that Villawood was only going to cost us $35m a year and we should have done that instead of spending $165m offshore?
That was PRE-ALP estimates though, wasn't it?
In 2007.
Under Howard's control.
Before Rudd canned the whole thing?

Now, for something a bit newer - like maybe 6 months old - a bit more relevant, don't you think?? Something that illustrates perfectly the ALP's handling of the situation and MY money:

( Let's keep in mind Howards 1700 applications over 6 years and Albie's figure of what should have been $35m to do it here, ok...)

"ASRC says last year Australia received 8,250 asylum claims via air and sea arrivals"

In ONE year!!!!!!!

Now :

"ASRC says budget papers reveal the cost of Australia's immigration detention system will hit $800 million in 2011-12. "

In ONE year!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-05-18/understanding-the-asylum-seeker-debate/2718820

Yep - good argument, Albert. Thanks for the data to compare and show what a ****ing **** job these clowns are doing with everything they touch.

Like I said, I don't care if this thread goes nowhere, but that just couldn't be left to lay as it was....

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/offshore-detention-centres-annual-costs-hit-1-billion-20141020-118s6i.html

Oops!

Only took you nearly 3 years to reply!

In reality the vast majority of the cost comes from aslyum seekers that came under the previous government.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  10:04:15  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow, Tony's been able to bend time so that his costs from the last 12 months are now considered to be under the previous government.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5958 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  13:47:28  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

he sure acheived a lot in 3 years....they don't make leaders like gough anymore

They do T1, but they aren't allowed to shine for a number of reasons

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 22 Oct 2014 13:48:58
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  18:02:19  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

Labor factions are the main reason.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12998 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  21:14:29  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Actually if you read beyond the first page you will find out I did reply and I was right 3 years ago. But you knew that...LOL!

quote:
In reality the vast majority of the cost comes from aslyum seekers that came under the previous government.

But this is the cost since the Coalition took government.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  21:45:09  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Actually if you read beyond the first page you will find out I did reply and I was right 3 years ago. But you knew that...LOL!

Well at the very least I admire you trying to bring rabbits out of retirement

quote:
quote:

But this is the cost since the Coalition took government.

Brought about by whose policies that encouraged all these people in?

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12998 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 23 Oct 2014 :  10:43:23  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dig up bundy, not down.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5958 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 23 Oct 2014 :  13:08:46  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

and of course all is well in the Liberal Party - **** you are a tool

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 23 Oct 2014 :  18:36:09  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

and of course all is well in the Liberal Party - **** you are a tool

Now, now Trev - play the ball not the man.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13456 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 23 Oct 2014 :  20:51:54  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah the LNP are all mates.

They're out sharpening knives in QLD

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 23 Oct 2014 :  20:56:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

They're out sharpening knives in QLD

Yep to prepare for the celebratory dinner once the LNP win.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 28 Oct 2014 :  01:09:12  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-27/proposed-gst-changes-necessary-evil/5845218

Isn't Abbott kind. Takes away the tiny tax on his rich mates and gives everyone else a higher GST!

Another broken promise, another part of the country ruined. Remove the failures.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22604 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 Oct 2014 :  08:14:55  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-27/proposed-gst-changes-necessary-evil/5845218

Isn't Abbott kind. Takes away the tiny tax on his rich mates and gives everyone else a higher GST!

Another broken promise, another part of the country ruined. Remove the failures.

Didn't realise the GST had changed!
When did that happen?
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 28 Oct 2014 :  08:56:21  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Wow, Tony's been able to bend time so that his costs from the last 12 months are now considered to be under the previous government.

When do they start blaming themselves and not the previous government?

Oh wait, I'm thinking logically again.

On another note, my grandmother got a letter from the government they other day stating that her pension has gone up. That part of the letter made sense. The rest of it was a propaganda piece saying that this is our promise to you because we axed the carbon tax and are bringing the budget back under control.

Edited by - CP on 28 Oct 2014 09:03:03
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 590 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.86 seconds.