V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 16 Nov 2014 :  17:14:45  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is that you Trev or did 27GV hack your account?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 16 Nov 2014 :  17:31:37  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

OMFG, WHAT A ****ER ABBOTT IS, AND HE HAS JUST SHOWN THE WORLD WHAT A ****ER HE IS

Tell us what you really think

On another more important note, I don't care what excuse or reason the indigenous protesters were basing it on - something to do with Abbott saying that there was only bushland when the first fleet arrived or something. There is absolutely no excuse in the world for anyone to burn the Australian flag and for the police to just stand by and do nothing while they are out there representing the Commonwealth is just as bad.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 16 Nov 2014 17:41:20
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 17 Nov 2014 :  01:39:27  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I must have hacked a lot of accounts because the opinion is pretty popular.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 17 Nov 2014 :  03:31:51  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I must have hacked a lot of accounts because the opinion is pretty popular.

gold.....very well played!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 17 Nov 2014 :  05:00:13  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
bundy5 is on your ignore list
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

OMFG, WHAT A ****ER ABBOTT IS, AND HE HAS JUST SHOWN THE WORLD WHAT A ****ER HE IS

Tell us what you really think

On another more important note, I don't care what excuse or reason the indigenous protesters were basing it on - something to do with Abbott saying that there was only bushland when the first fleet arrived or something. There is absolutely no excuse in the world for anyone to burn the Australian flag and for the police to just stand by and do nothing while they are out there representing the Commonwealth is just as bad.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 19 Nov 2014 :  09:35:16  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Call me cynical, but isn't it amazing that Australia signed a free trade deal with China just after Friend of the Liberals, and Friend of Barnaby Joyce Gina Rinehardt, recently announced that she was buying a dairy farm for the sole purpose of exporting dairy products to China?

quote:
Agriculture
All tariffs on dairy products will be phased out over four to 11 years
Tariffs on wines will be removed over four years
Tariffs on beef gone within nine years
Australia's agricultural sector scored a lot of wins in the new agreement. Australia's dairy and meat industries will be put on equal footing with New Zealand with a number of tariffs to be eliminated over the coming years. In 2013, China bought $9 billion worth of Australian agricultural products. Other areas like wines, where tariffs will be phased out over four years, will be looking to capitalise on China's growing middle class.
Resources
Removal of tariffs on all resources and energy products, including iron ore, gold and coking coal
Removal of tariffs on non-coking coal over two years
Removal of tariffs on pharmaceuticals over four years
Tony Abbott and Xi Jinping leave the House of Representatives on Monday.
Tony Abbott and Xi Jinping leave the House of Representatives on Monday. Photo: Andrew Meares
China imported more than $85 billion worth of Australian resources, energy and manufactured goods in 2013. High-cost miners who are struggling with falling commodity prices will enjoy a slight cost reduction. China is the largest market for Australian pharmaceutical companies, importing $559 million last year, with China's ageing population offering a huge opportunity.
Advertisement
Trade in services
Australian law firms will be able to establish commercial associations with Chinese law firms in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone
A further 77 institutions will be added to an existing 105 Australian education providers that can take overseas students
Australian service providers can construct, renovate and operate whole Australian-owned hotels and restaurants in China
China is shifting from an industrialisation nation to a consumption nation, meaning there will be greater demand for education, tourism, as well as hospitals and aged care aq sector in which Australian providers can now establish wholly-Australia owned hospitals and profit-making aged-care institutions. Australia exported close to $7 billion worth of services products in 2013.
Financial services
Australian insurance companies will have access to China's third-party liability motor vehicle market.
Waiting period for Australian banks to engage in local currency, Renminbi, cut from three years to one year
Australian securities brokerage and advisory firms will be able to provide trading accounts, custody, advice and portfolio management to Chinese investors allowed to invest offshore
China has granted Australia a Renminbi quota which will allow Australian financial institutions to invest offshore Chinese currency in Chinese financial products, including securities. Australia will have access to the financial markets of one of the world's most powerful economies as it finally begins to liberalise its economy.
Investment
Total Chinese investment in Australia jumped 41.2 per cent in 2013 to $31.9 billion, but China only accounts for 1.3 per cent of total foreign investment
The threshold for private, non-state-owned, investment from China in non-sensitive sectors to go to the Foreign Investment Review Board will increase from $248 million to $1.08 billion.
The Australian government will screen investments over $15 million in telecommunications, media and defence industries and in agricultural land, as well as investments in agribusiness over $53 million.
The Australian government will continue to screen all Chinese state-owned enterprise investment in Australia. However, private companies will have greater access to the Australian market, which should be good for local employment and the broader economy. Interestingly, property, which has been the focus of speculation about foreign buyers forcing up the market, was not listed as a sensitive sector.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/who-wins-in-australiachina-free-trade-agreement-20141117-11ojvd.html#ixzz3JTDHP4ix
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 20 Nov 2014 :  05:18:50  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
KARMA IS AWESOME

It is so pleasing to see all the negativity and divisions created by the Liberals during the Labor Governments time now being repaid in the Senate. Karma is real and it is happening right now in our Senate

Nowhere is our Constitution does it talk about 'Parties', it does however talk about 'individuals' and what we are seeing going on in the Senate is 'individuals' behaving like they should, voting with their heart not along Party lines - bloody awesome to watch

Edited by - Trev on 20 Nov 2014 05:19:21
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 20 Nov 2014 :  06:07:36  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You know what I hate? State election soon and both major parties are so far off the planet that they are no good for anyone....

You can argue that Party A is 'less devil' than Party B depending on your views on what their history is but a moment of truth says that they both suck!

Doesn't matter whether Lab or Lib gets in for the next term. Victoria is screwed either way :(

I hate not having someone who at least catches a little of my emotion for my vote rather than just raising my disgust.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 20 Nov 2014 :  08:17:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I actually think Daniel Andrews is on the money with many of his policies, he is going back to basics, 'health and education'

This Baillieu/Napthine Government has fallen into the same trap Kennet did, Kennett flogged the bejesus out of education and the electorate rebelled, he still blames the education vote for kicking him out, and this mob has done the same thing, well, whoa be it to them. This unresolved issue of the Ambo's is hurting them big time, you only have to look at any polls about where people put Ambo's on the list of people they most admire, it is always at or near the top, and where do people rate Politicians, near the bottom

Add to the that, the handling of the Member for Frankston and they look positively unruly

I can tell you that up my way, the sitting member is retiring, this has been a blue ribbon Nationals seat for a 1000 years, well there will be a swing away this election, so don't be surprised to see an independent member get the gig here, she is very popular, she will get my vote, I know these farmers will never vote Labor so running here is a real waste of time, but an independent has a chance, an Independent has nearly won here before (in State Elections) but the preferences gave it to the Nationals, that Independent had the majority primary vote

Edited by - Trev on 20 Nov 2014 08:21:01
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 20 Nov 2014 :  08:32:51  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and it all means that we will be slaughtered Trev... reckon Lab/Lib will get similar seating arrangements and a few seats will go to Ind/Minors and they will slam every Victorian for their own personal agenda and screw us even more than we are now.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 20 Nov 2014 :  13:57:38  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://m.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/malcolm-turnbull-defends-tony-abbotts-no-cuts-to-abc-election-comment-20141119-11q2vb.html

No cuts to the ABC huh Tony?

Remember Juliar? Time for Dishonestony

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 20 Nov 2014 :  20:21:59  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Nowhere is our Constitution does it talk about 'Parties', it does however talk about 'individuals' and what we are seeing going on in the Senate is 'individuals' behaving like they should, voting with their heart not along Party lines - bloody awesome to watch

http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36049&whichpage=229#774075

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 21 Nov 2014 :  16:17:32  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No response from bundy about Abbott breaking his pre-election promise? The hypocrisy, especially after what was said about Gillard.

Stop Dishonestony.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 21 Nov 2014 :  17:41:59  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've already addressed it if you care to read through the thread. But the essence of what I said is that the ABC shouldn't be immune to cuts that have occurred throughout all the departments. They should be doing their heavy lifting as well.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  01:56:10  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Even after Tony specifically promised no cuts to the ABC?

I see it only matters to you when the ALP tells a fib. Double standards.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 25.55 seconds.