V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  05:57:15  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think most here need to realise that both the libs and the ALP are useless....why you would bother sticking up for either has me scratching my head....then we have greens PUP ect.....face it, we are stuffed

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  07:24:18  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Even after Tony specifically promised no cuts to the ABC?

I see it only matters to you when the ALP tells a fib. Double standards.

There are efficiencies to be found in the ABC. Just look at how other media outlets have cut back. End of story.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  10:19:33  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's hot, it's dry, there hasn't been any decent rainfall and some towns that are supplied by dams are running out of water, however Barnaby Joyce has been pushing his barrow and has solved the problem to Australia's water woes, and that is building more dams.

While Barnaby and his merry band of followers are preaching the virtues of building dams as there will be more water supplies and thus more jobs during the construction, and while that is all well and good, the problem is that you need water to fill the dam, and since there hasn't been any decent rainfall.

They are currently upgrading Chaffey Dam so it can hold more water for Tamworth, the thing is though, you can build a dam to as high and as big as you want, but if you haven't got any decent rainfall and run off to fill it, it seems like a pointless exercise.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  12:27:47  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

There are efficiencies to be found in the ABC. Just look at how other media outlets have cut back. End of story.

Yawn. So it's fine when Tony lies.

There were plenty more "efficiencies" to be found taxing the big polluters but now we enjoy a $3 saving on our power bills.

Failed government fails again and only the truly deluded still support them.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  13:51:59  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

There were plenty more "efficiencies" to be found taxing the big polluters but now we enjoy a $3 saving on our power bills.

Just as only the truly deluded supported the last government we had in it's various forms.

Sonic got it right earlier when he said BOTH sides are useless. The alternatives aren't in a happy place either so whichever way we vote we are royally screwed!

Every leader is either embarrassing, whimpy, silent or just incompetent. The ones waiting in the wings are the same. There is not one person from any persuasion who has the ability to run this country properly at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  18:22:23  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

There is nothing efficient in imposing a carbon tax IMO.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  18:55:30  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

I think most here need to realise that both the libs and the ALP are useless....why you would bother sticking up for either has me scratching my head....then we have greens PUP ect.....face it, we are stuffed

yup.

when was the last time anyone in any party was someone who actually inspired us?

each leader of each party blames woes on the opposite party and what they did in years past...

how about giving us a leader who actually has some vision for tomorrow? someone who is positive? someone who answers a question when asked rather than a 15 minute dribble fest?

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  19:27:41  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

when was the last time anyone in any party was someone who actually inspired us?

Rudd. Although it was all fake.

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  20:40:30  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rudd inspired you? How?

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  20:45:49  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

Rudd inspired you? How?

He didn't inspire me but unfortunately he inspired others and enough to get the overall election win.

The sad thing about Rudd was that the inspiration that he gave to these people was nothing more than tugging at the heart strings of voters to give someone new a go rather than on any notable grand policy grounds.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 22 Nov 2014 :  21:25:13  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Balanced the budget better than gutting the ABC. And it cut our dependence on coal exports that even China won't take any more.

The only people with any vision for the future are the Greens and only because they've realized there's no future in coal.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 23 Nov 2014 :  12:01:52  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Balanced the budget better than gutting the ABC. And it cut our dependence on coal exports that even China won't take any more.

The only people with any vision for the future are the Greens and only because they've realized there's no future in coal.

Why do you think "it balanced the budget better than gutting the ABC"? Because it didn't work - it didn't cut consumption and it ended up eating more into more of household savings.

As for the greens, it should be remembered that they are basing their beliefs on renewables that won't be able to hold base power. When they start supporting nuclear that is when you can say they are looking out for the future of the environment.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 23 Nov 2014 :  18:29:41  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Really? It made the biggest companies help with the heavy lifting. Now that the Lib have finally acknowledged that the problem is revenue and not spending it seem they have stuffed up big time.

What is not efficient is hiking fuel tax, making people drive less only to build more roads that people can't afford to use. Or Taxing the sick to see a doctor. All while the top end of town escapes the "heavy lifting".

Interesting reading the comments by those who claimed it can't get worse under the Libs, only now preach both side suck.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 24 Nov 2014 :  15:15:13  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Really? It made the biggest companies help with the heavy lifting.

And what did those big companies do? Passed on the costs to us.

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Nov 2014 :  16:00:19  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Really? It made the biggest companies help with the heavy lifting.

And what did those big companies do? Passed on the costs to us.

Off set by income tax cuts.

Problem now is that those companies used the carbon tax to increase prices more than they should have, so when the tax came off they gave back less then they took.

Anyway on to more current issues...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/24/abc-cuts-had-abbott-been-honest-about-his-true-agenda-he-would-have-been-unelectable

http://youtu.be/aeGXr0jCzr8

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.95 seconds.