V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 01 Dec 2014 :  09:19:00  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't follow Vic politics much, just a glance occasionally. Did I read that Labor don't have a working majority in the Upper House and Andrews has stated that he won't work with the Greens?
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 01 Dec 2014 :  09:57:01  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by bluefan

Disappointing result in Victoria.

The Vic state libs can thank Tony for their loss.

the Vic state libs can thank their own arrogance for the loss... if any one of them actually grew a brain and listened to the constituents they may well still be in power...

They can thank Tony more, he is toxic Tony in Vic, the libs even dragged out Mr howard instead of TT! ha ha

And Campbell's lot are so on the nose in Queensland, that they are asking Toxic to help them out!! Could the libs be setting a new record for one term governments! ha ha

And todays economic figures paint an even worse picture for Tony and Joe, these morons are sending us into recession, and their responce to a shrinking economy is more cuts??

GFC Australian Libs style coming fast and these morons are now running for cover!!

Tony, Joe, Mattias and Johnno are gonna's!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Dec 2014 :  17:31:46  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

I have a fantastic feeling about todays Victorian State election, come tomorrow there will be a Victorian Labor Government and we will have an Independent in our seat that has been held by the National Party for 47 years - bring it on

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Although I am surprised it is so close, I thought Labor had it in the bag.

quote:

It has been a good night for Trev it seems

how right I was, Labor has an 8 seat majority, we have an Independent member, life is good today

Next we take out Toxic Tony and his band of loonies, bring it on

Congratulations Trev. While it wasn't the result I wanted, glad to see you happy for a change.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

spoonster05
Team Manager

Monaco
12922 Posts
joined 18 Sep 05

Posted - 01 Dec 2014 :  20:53:40  Show Profile Send spoonster05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I don't follow Vic politics much, just a glance occasionally. Did I read that Labor don't have a working majority in the Upper House and Andrews has stated that he won't work with the Greens?

Looks like Upper House will be controlled by minor parties so Daniel will have to work with all of those and the Green's

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  06:01:24  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Spoony! So it could be yet another case of a government not being able to do as they wish.
Could it end up as yet another **** fight?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  10:54:37  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://junkee.com/karl-stefanovic-ripped-tony-abbott-to-bits-on-the-today-show-this-morning/46387

Karl Stefanovic rips Tony apart. When Sunrise hosts have your measure it's probably time to quit.

And the "adults" are still blaming everyone but themselves for their failure. Economy in the ****ter, the people angry at getting screwed, Tony is gone.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  11:50:29  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Meanwhile, the Palmer United Party soldiers on. In a media release last week, it said (amongst other things): "Australia is one of the fattest countries in the world, and this is creating significant problems across our population, and placing enormous strains on our health system" and... "Obesity, diabetes and other diseases are killing too many Australians, and we have an opportunity to turn this around." Errr... Hello? Placing enormous strains on Clive's shirt and trouser buttons too.

http://palmerunited.com/2014/11/palmer-united-saves-australian-national-preventative-health-agency/

Edited by - Zac on 02 Dec 2014 11:52:16
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  13:11:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOL, you leave Clive alone

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  17:27:44  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The senate is a ****ing joke.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  18:01:23  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Protecting the little guys & battlers- good job senate!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  18:07:31  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No 100k degrees! Our children will have a future! Woo hoo Senate, good job. Another policy failure chalked up for Abbott. Another victory for the country.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  19:19:45  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well done Senate, they are doing their job, they are not playing Party politics, they are looking after their constituents - well done

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  19:51:45  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Well done Senate, they are doing their job, they are not playing Party politics, they are looking after their constituents - well done

What the 1% that voted for the liberal democrats or the motoring enthusiasts? What a ****ing joke!

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  21:05:53  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

What the 1% that voted for the liberal democrats or the motoring enthusiasts? What a ****ing joke!

The +50% who didn't vote for the Liberal party.

I see you're mad about the loss of 100k degrees? Explain why without mentioning the budget, because the cost wasn't even 1% of the subsidies we give businesses.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  21:34:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No I am pissed off that this country is at a standstill because of some insignificant minor parties who don't know what they stand for.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.02 seconds.