V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 04 Dec 2014 :  21:09:48  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

It works better if you keep your sentences short and pithy - like 27GV does. Maybe a few commas could help. Still, as an alternative stream-of-consciousness, it wasn't a bad effort.

Stop the boats, cut the taxes, ending the waste! No cuts to health and education, no cuts to the ABC or SBS. I'm an social progressive, but a economic conservative!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 04 Dec 2014 :  21:17:02  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mix n' match. Even better.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 04 Dec 2014 :  21:24:22  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Hey, 27GV. I've done you a favour. You can have a few days off. Here's some of your regular stream-of-consciousness stuff for you, so you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

"Another promise broken by the failed Abbott government. Disgusting. The grub Abbott has been rorting the taxpayer for too long. Remove the rorting grub entirely. Abbott must go. Abbott is making us second-class citizens in our own country. I hope an unfortunate accident hits the traitor Abbott, or every single Aussie will be ****ed. Remove the filth from the Lodge. Traitors. Welcome to Abbott's Australia where Aussies are public enemy #1. Abbott doesn't care about the debt, he just wants to punish regular Aussies by giving away their jobs. Another broken promise, another part of the country ruined. Remove the failures. He's only deserving of one term. Grub. Abbott needs to go before the country goes. When is the recession coming?

Time for Dishonestony. Failed government fails again, and only the truly deluded still support them. Only thing MIA is Tony's conscience. Poor thing has been dead for years. Abbott has shown nothing but contempt for regular Aussies over his whole career. He's far and away the worst example of a politician ever to be PM. Took less than eighteen months to break all his promises and he won't even own up. Who goes first? Backflip Tony, or Heavily in denial Hockey? So much about that unity we were bragged to about for years. Economy in the ****ter, the people angry at being screwed, Tony is gone. Another policy failure chalked up for Abbott. Worst government in Aussie history. When's the knife coming for Tone? I expect it by February".

There you go. Have a well-earned break - and at the same time, have a wonder whether your crystal ball is finally working for you.

Hey look, a slightly modified version of the stuff you posted when the ALP was in power.

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Seems that the vast majority of Queenslanders have given the Newman Government their tick of approval for its first year in government.

I expect similar results to translate for Abbott after his first year in Government when he wins the election

http://www.afr.com/p/national/campbell_surges_in_newspoll_trkXW00yIZd0Ohd9ka0JMO

Blast from the past. Care to re-evaluate that now?

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollbludger/2014/12/02/newspoll-54-46-to-labor-6/

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 04 Dec 2014 21:32:58
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  05:09:08  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Hahaha tell me Bundy, is Joey boy anywhere near that?

And as Tony said "the condition of the budget is no reason for breaking promises."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rN2VwogTkZY

You've got nothing, kid.

LOL, the plans are afoot, the leaks are happening, but I can tell you what is really going on, Tony with his Cabinet re-shuffle is going to promote his mates and make sure Malcolm's mates are banished to the way out and beyond the backbench so that any leadership challenge will get defeated, that is what this Cabinet re-shuffle is all about, oh and get rid of the nin-compotes off the front bench, Hockey, Johnson, Pyne etc

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  07:43:41  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It appears that the personal comments and name calling are re-emerging.
This is the only warning you will get.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  09:14:39  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting stuff.

Taxpayers would subsidise the training of priests and other religious workers at private colleges for the first time under the Abbott government's proposed higher education reforms.

As well as deregulating university fees and cutting university funding by 20 per cent, the government's proposed higher education package extends federal funding to students at private universities, TAFES and associate degree programs.

Religious teaching, training and vocational institutes would be eligible for a share of $820 million in new Commonwealth funding over three years.
"This raises serious questions about relationship between Church and State": Labor higher education spokesman Kim Carr.

"This raises serious questions about relationship between Church and State": Labor higher education spokesman Kim Carr. Photo: Alex Ellinghausen

Labor and the Greens attacked the policy, saying it breaches the separation of Church and State. Earlier this year the government controversially announced it would provide $244 million for a new school chaplaincy scheme but would remove the option for schools to hire secular welfare workers.
Advertisement

In correspondence with voters, Family First Senator Bob Day has singled out funding for faith-based training institutes to explain his support for the government's reforms.

Eleven theological colleges are currently accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) to provide courses designed to prepare students to enter religious ministries.

Institutes such as the Sydney College of Divinity, Brisbane's Christian Heritage College and the Perth Bible College, which currently charge students full fees, would be eligible for an estimated $4214 funding a year each student under the reforms.

The John Paul II Institute for Marriage and Family in Melbourne, which offers course units including "Theology and Practice of Natural Family Planning" and "Marriage in the Catholic Tradition", would also be eligible for federal support.

The institute says on its website its mission is "promote marriage and the family for the good of the whole Church and the wider community".

The Anglican Diocese of Melbourne requires all trainee priests to receive theological training at Ridley College or the Trinity College Theological School, both of which would likely be eligible to offer Commonwealth Supported Places under the government's changes.

Labor higher education spokesman Kim Carr said: "This raises serious questions about relationship between Church and State. The Church has traditionally funded the training of its own personnel."

Mr Carr said there was a difference between federal funding for theoretically-focused religious studies courses and courses designed to prepare graduates for the priesthood.

Greens higher education spokeswoman Lee Rhiannon said: "Mr Pyne has gone one step further than robbing Peter to pay Paul he is attempting to rob Australia's public and secular university system to pay private, religious colleges.

"Courses that Mr Pyne wants to extend funding to include those teaching prescriptive Christian ideology on sexuality and marriage is this really the best use of the higher education budget?"

On its core values page on its website the Perth Bible College says, "We believe in the urgent need to reach our broken world with the gospel of Jesus Christ and to train men and women to be effective servants for God."

A spokesman for Education Minister Christopher Pyne said courses offered by private colleges would have to be approved by the independent regulator to gain access to federal funding.

"Consistent with current practice, the government will not distinguish between faith#8209;based and secular higher education institutions for registration and funding purposes," the spokesman said.

Family First Senator Bob Day said, in a letter to a member of the general public, that it is unfair that public universities receive federal funding but religious colleges and other private providers do not.

"The Government's proposals reduce the subsidies given to universities, while for the first time addressing inequity by providing significant subsidies for non-universities (but still less than universities)," he wrote. "Some of these non-universities that will receive funding for the first time - if this Bill passes - are faith-based training, teaching, theological and vocational institutions."

University of Divinity Vice-Chancellor Peter Sherlock declined to comment, but in a recent Senate submission the private university said federal funding would bring down course fees for its students.

The government's reforms were voted down by the Senate this week but will return to Parliament, with some amendments, next year.

Figures released on Thursday by the Universities Admissions Centre showed a slight increase in year 12 applications on last year despite claims of vastly increased fees under a deregulated system.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abbott-government-cuts-university-support-funds-priests-training-20141204-120a3c.html?&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=social&eid=socialn%3Afac-14omn0012-optim-nnn%3Apaid-25%2F06%2F2014-social_traffic-all-postprom-nnn-smh-o&campaign_code=nocode&promote_channel=social_facebook
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  10:13:29  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

You can thank one three letter user for that.

http://m.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abbott-government-cuts-university-support-funds-priests-training-20141204-120a3c.html

Taxpayers would subsidise the training of priests and other religious workers at private colleges for the first time under the Abbott government's proposed higher education reforms.

Religious fanatics in charge of the country!

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  17:35:10  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

And as Tony said "the condition of the budget is no reason for breaking promises."

You've got nothing, kid.

LOL, the plans are afoot, the leaks are happening, but I can tell you what is really going on, Tony with his Cabinet re-shuffle is going to promote his mates and make sure Malcolm's mates are banished to the way out and beyond the backbench so that any leadership challenge will get defeated, that is what this Cabinet re-shuffle is all about, oh and get rid of the nin-compotes off the front bench, Hockey, Johnson, Pyne etc

Bishop is more of a chance than Malcolm to become leader not that Abbott is going anywhere

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  18:13:37  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hope Abbott stays too. Having Malcolm or Julie in the top job might increase their chances of getting re-elected.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  19:08:52  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't forget Howard nearly lost to Beazley for the 98 election.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  19:58:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

You can thank one three letter user for that.
Well, I did quote someone else (two letters, two numbers) and their incessant name-calling. There's certainly a lot of it to quote. It's not a good look though, so I've stopped. Maybe he can do the same, and we can raise the standard of discussion up just a little.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  20:09:29  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

You've got nothing, kid.

Bishop is more of a chance than Malcolm to become leader not that Abbott is going anywhere

Much like the polls.....12 percentage points...!!! Please stay Tony!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  21:53:34  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Don't forget Howard nearly lost to Beazley for the 98 election.

And this current government isn't even worthy of being a pimple on Howard's bum.

Plus he was up front and called an election when he changed his mind about the GST. Unlike Tony's many broken promises.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  22:59:00  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

quote:

You've got nothing, kid.

It is too bad the liberals have dignity and won't backstab a first term sitting PM, isn't it?

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 06 Dec 2014 :  01:04:23  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

quote:

You've got nothing, kid.

It is too bad the liberals have dignity and won't backstab a first term sitting PM, isn't it?

That's an Abbott quality promise. I'm going to bookmark this for a good laugh in the future.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.69 seconds.