V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 06 Dec 2014 :  03:17:55  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

It works better if you keep your sentences short and pithy - like 27GV does. Maybe a few commas could help. Still, as an alternative stream-of-consciousness, it wasn't a bad effort.

Stop the boats, cut the taxes, ending the waste! No cuts to health and education, no cuts to the ABC or SBS. I'm an social progressive, but a economic conservative!

REMy, still not quite right. It's "I'm a social progressive, but an economic conservative." For goodness sake, get it right.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Dec 2014 :  04:17:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

It is too bad the liberals have dignity and won't backstab a first term sitting PM, isn't it?

that is a very very brave statement to make, you may need to swallow those words with a bit of humble pie very soon

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 08 Dec 2014 :  11:10:22  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You come from the labor school of thought so your comment doesn't surprise me.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 08 Dec 2014 :  11:22:59  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh really?

http://www.afr.com/p/national/how_bishop_pushed_pm_on_climate_uEeIbnKQEUloVkwuc2GPiL

Bishop leaking inside information about Abbott's stupidity over the climate summit. The leadership challenge is on.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Dec 2014 :  12:59:01  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
well, well, Tony scores lower than any other PM in the latest Polls, must be because he is misunderstood - LOL

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 08 Dec 2014 :  17:20:22  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Oh really?

http://www.afr.com/p/national/how_bishop_pushed_pm_on_climate_uEeIbnKQEUloVkwuc2GPiL

Bishop leaking inside information about Abbott's stupidity over the climate summit. The leadership challenge is on.

Whatever you say.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 09 Dec 2014 :  03:25:56  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You know your days are ****ed when Karl Stefanovic and David Koch get stuck into you on National TV and make you look like a dill, Abbotts remaining days are numbered

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 09 Dec 2014 :  16:49:11  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Abbott is leading Australia to failure. Bloomberg agrees!

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-12-09/australia-is-adrift

quote:
And unfortunately, the trajectory plotted by Prime Minister Tony Abbott over the last 14 months has left the country less prepared for that difficult future than when he took office.

Australian voters have soured on Abbott -- his coalition lost power in southeastern Victoria state’s election last week, leading to chatter that he might not survive a full term in office -- because of what they see as broken promises. A needlessly austere budget slashed education, health and welfare spending. The government appears to be coddling mining billionaires and backtracking on its environmental pledges. It even cut funding for the national icon Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

My worry has more to do with Abbott’s economic priorities, which ignore how rapidly the world is changing around the Lucky Country. Although Abbott has talked about diversifying the economy away from its dependence on China, his policies have effectively done the opposite. Where the previous government moved to tax outsized mining profits to fund investment in education and infrastructure, Abbott has changed incentives so that commodities and mining companies become a bigger share of the economy and have an even bigger voice in politics. Scrapping a carbon tax, and resisting any serious limits on emissions, has made the economy more vulnerable to international shocks and made Australia a punch line at this week’s global climate talks in Lima, Peru.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 09 Dec 2014 :  18:35:50  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

You know your days are ****ed when Karl Stefanovic and David Koch get stuck into you on National TV and make you look like a dill, Abbotts remaining days are numbered

Kochie? Don't you mean Chris?

Edited by - CP on 09 Dec 2014 18:36:08
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 09 Dec 2014 :  21:44:06  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

Hahaha tell me Bundy, is Joey boy anywhere near that?

And as Tony said "the condition of the budget is no reason for breaking promises."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rN2VwogTkZY

You've got nothing, kid.

LOL, the plans are afoot, the leaks are happening, but I can tell you what is really going on, Tony with his Cabinet re-shuffle is going to promote his mates and make sure Malcolm's mates are banished to the way out and beyond the backbench so that any leadership challenge will get defeated, that is what this Cabinet re-shuffle is all about, oh and get rid of the nin-compotes off the front bench, Hockey, Johnson, Pyne etc

Bishop is more of a chance than Malcolm to become leader not that Abbott is going anywhere

Much like the polls.....12 percentage points...!!! Please stay Tony!

It is too bad the liberals have dignity and won't backstab a first term sitting PM, isn't it?

Hold that thought Bundy, thats exactly what the power brokers in Victoria are planning mate!!

They want Toxic Tony and Smoking Joegone, and Malcolm and Julie have the numbers to do it!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 09 Dec 2014 :  22:42:19  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hope they keep Tony. The party will be finished for the next decade if he's leader at the next election. Bill Three-term pretty much guaranteed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 10 Dec 2014 :  04:15:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Bill Three-term pretty much guaranteed.
When even your slightly sensible predictions crash and burn, I don't like the chances of this one at all.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 10 Dec 2014 :  12:44:18  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Bill Three-term pretty much guaranteed.
When even your slightly sensible predictions crash and burn, I don't like the chances of this one at all.

I predicted the failure of Abbott and the portion of the site who aren't trolls basically all agree about that.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 10 Dec 2014 :  12:55:52  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Are they the ones with all green boxes?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 10 Dec 2014 :  13:08:06  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Are they the ones with all green boxes?

You troll Unc!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 11.03 seconds.