V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 07 Jan 2015 :  13:29:42  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Iraq trip would have been planned CP.
Unfortunately sometimes things occur which are out of your control.
I'm sure he will be in SA as soon as he returns.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 07 Jan 2015 :  15:14:45  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep, he won't want to miss those brownie points.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 07 Jan 2015 :  15:21:04  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

The Iraq trip would have been planned CP.
Unfortunately sometimes things occur which are out of your control.
I'm sure he will be in SA as soon as he returns.

be here tomorrow

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 07 Jan 2015 :  22:24:42  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm afraid we're never going to have the national discussion about Islam that needs to be had. The big parties won't touch it and the Greens are too open minded for their own good. The small parties who are speaking the truth are just too nutty about everything else to be taken seriously.

I think the Sydney siege was a taste of worse things to come.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Jan 2015 :  10:53:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am not anti-muslim at all, but I saw something written the other day the makes you think

"Not all muslims are terrorists

but all terrorists are muslim"

and I think this woman raises some really good points: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

----------------------------------

on the point of Abbott being overseas and not at the fires, I agree with LG (as much as it pains me - LOL)

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 08 Jan 2015 10:59:16
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Jan 2015 :  11:52:16  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's another quote that says: "All terrorists are Muslim, apart from the 94% of terrorists who aren't." Google it.

EDIT to save you googling:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-muslims-carried-out-more-than-90-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/05/muslims-only-carried-out-2-5-percent-of-terrorist-attacks-on-u-s-soil-between-1970-and-2012.html
http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not-all-terrorists-are-muslims/

Terrorists come in all shapes and sizes from all kinds of places and with various agendas. The IRA for example, and there are other Irish terrorist groups. There are extreme right-wing Jewish terrorists, Japanese, Philipino, Columbian and German terrorists, and plenty of others. Then there are all the peace loving, law abiding people of the Muslim faith who will say that the various Muslim terrorist groups - and especially ISIL, have nothing to do with what Islam teaches at all. It certainly does seem to attract a lot of loonies though, who aren't happy unless they're angry about something - like hating anyone who doesn't share their opinions.

It's not quite 'general Libs vs ALP', but it certainly seems that Muslim terrorists are doing more than their fair share of terrorising lately.

Edited by - Zac on 09 Jan 2015 08:32:16
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 08 Jan 2015 :  12:22:05  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm the arch leftist but my patience for Islam has run out. They oppose gay rights, they oppose women's rights, they oppose all the freedom that makes Australia a great place to live.

Until they prove they can be tolerant, they don't deserve any tolerance from us.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 08 Jan 2015 :  12:38:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I am not anti-muslim at all, but I saw something written the other day the makes you think

"Not all muslims are terrorists

but all terrorists are muslim"

and I think this woman raises some really good points: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

----------------------------------

on the point of Abbott being overseas and not at the fires, I agree with LG (as much as it pains me - LOL)

We know he would help out if he could.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Jan 2015 :  13:13:39  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

We know he would help out if he could.

just for the photo opportunity though

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Jan 2015 :  14:26:53  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

I'm the arch leftist but my patience for Islam has run out. They oppose gay rights, they oppose women's rights, they oppose all the freedom that makes Australia a great place to live.

Until they prove they can be tolerant, they don't deserve any tolerance from us.

The majority are tolerant, and while Islam opposes women's rights, gay rights and many other things, the same goes for a lot of Christian religious denominations - and a lot of other non-Christian religions too.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 08 Jan 2015 :  14:37:22  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

The majority are tolerant, and while Islam opposes women's rights, gay rights and many other things, the same goes for a lot of Christian religious denominations - and a lot of other non-Christian religions too.

None of them have walked into an office and murdered 12 people over a cartoon though. Islam is a fatal danger, and totally incomparable to the many wonderful cultures we've assimilated.

Gays never massacred anyone when they were jailed for being gay, women never massacred anyone when they couldn't vote, Asians never massacred anyone when One Nation was at full power. But one cartoon about Muhammad and...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Jan 2015 :  14:53:44  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

The majority are tolerant
did you watch the video I linked above, it makes you think about the "tolerant" or "moderate"

Edited by - Trev on 08 Jan 2015 14:54:09
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 Jan 2015 :  07:54:23  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I watched it just now. Excitable girl, and not very tolerant or moderate either, but a strange argument. She offers up figures of Nazi Germany killing 60 million people, Stalin's Russia killing 20 million people, Communist China killing 70 million people, and Japan prior to WWII killing 12 million people. That's 162,000,000 people at least, just in the 20th century killed by non-Muslim regimes. Mainly atheist regimes, actually. (So much for religion being responsible for more killings than any other cause, but that's another topic.) They're her figures trying to support her own argument. I could add Pol Pot's efforts in the four years from 1975 to 1979 of killing at least 1.4 million people, although the actual but unknown figure puts it closer to well over 2 million people. ISIL and all the other loonie jihadists put together have a long way to go to get anywhere near even Pol Pot's efforts.

I have no understanding of the logic (or lack of it) or the hate of these Muslim extremists (I have very little understanding of Islam as practised by the predominantly peaceful Muslim people, either), but like I said earlier, it's reasonable to not judge Islam by the actions of the minority. What I do know about Islam, I don't like, but that's no reason to hate Muslim people. BTW, I haven't checked it out, but that lady's projected figure of a minority of 300,000,000 Muslim extremists in the world is at the very least rubbery, and more likely well over 50% wrong. Probably 75% wrong, making a more believable figure of 75 million Muslim extremists. I find that hard to believe as well. Maybe it's 90% wrong, meaning there's "would you believe?" 30,000,000 Muslim extremists in the world, but even that's about 30 million too many. How about one boy scout with a catapult?
http://blog.chron.com/believeitornot/2010/12/debating-how-many-muslims-are-terrorists-percentage-wise-very-very-few/
Hmm.. even those figures are gross exaggerations. To paraphrase, "If there are indeed 300,000,000 Muslim extremists in the world - what were about 299,000,000 of them doing in the past few years? Not being extremist, apparently. So when is a Muslim extremist not an extremist?

PS: Do you think we need a 'Muslims vs The Rest' thread? This is hardly 'General Libs vs ALP'.

Edited by - Zac on 09 Jan 2015 08:47:55
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 09 Jan 2015 :  12:41:34  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, wrapping up this Muslim thing, how do you think the world would function if every month there was an attack by pro-LGBT extremists or pro-feminist extremists or pro-Asian extremists? If we excuse violent Muslims as a minority "not representative of the whole" then all marginalised groups have no incentive to be peaceful because the group can deny responsibility.

When gay bashings were common, how would the country have fared if a church was slaughtered in revenge? They didn't because even extreme LGBT activists are peaceful.

Islam is uniquely dangerous.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 09 Jan 2015 :  16:14:19  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The point of her comment Zac, appears to be lost on you, the point I got from it was the "silent majority' she kept talking about, that was a poignant point for me, all the "moderates" separating themselves, they are the vast majority, what are they doing about controlling the dangerous minority - **** all it would appear

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5.19 seconds.