V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 13 Jan 2015 :  13:30:50  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He can join the club of ex-premiers... just make sure they don't drive around on bikes together or they might get jailed!

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 13 Jan 2015 :  17:48:29  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another thing in Newman's favour as Kate Jones gets placed last on the ballot paper.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Jan 2015 :  18:41:30  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He'll need more than that!
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 14 Jan 2015 :  21:36:53  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's a bit of reading for the ones south of the border

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/queensland-state-election-2015/the-true-state-of-queenslands-economy-without-the-spin-20150113-12nibh.html

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/queensland-state-election-2015/queensland-election-2015-strong-choices-will-have-adverse-impact-20150112-12m1t7.html

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/queensland-state-election-2015/queensland-election-2015-let-others-judge-my-promises-says-campbell-newman-20150113-12mrn6.html

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/queensland-state-election-2015/queensland-election-reachtel-poll-backs-kate-jones-20150114-12o9n5.html

The LNP will more than likely win this election. Unfortunately because these grubs are taking us back to the Joh days for the corruption, jobs for the boys, the way they have hand picked under performers to lead our legal system as well as politicising our Police force.
Newman will get the arse and the flea deserves it. If it wasn't for Abbott you could call Newman the biggest liar in Australian politics.
This rabble needs to go before they sell what Bligh didn't.
If you're voting in this number every square and put the LNP last. That's exactly where they have put you

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 14 Jan 2015 :  21:43:44  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
At least Newman seems to be out.

The ALP was never going to win from having 8 seats anyway. Just being close is a big swing and a wake up for Tony!

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 15 Jan 2015 :  20:39:42  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One Term Tony will need nothing short of a miracle.

Even hard core conservatives have stopped listening to his rabble of a government.

It's pretty funny.
Most here called the Rudd Gillard Rudd government the worst in Australian history.
I didn't disagree with that, but Tony Abbotts government takes the mantle by a long shot

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 17 Jan 2015 :  10:22:23  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hopeful Premier, and new NSW Labor leader Luke Foley has had a couple of drink driving offences aired in public.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-15/nsw-opposition-leader-luke-foley-regrets-drink-driving-charges/6019008

There is one positive with Foley's offences. Foley's list isn't as long as former Gunnedah mayor and current Northern Tablelands MP Adam Marshall's driving offences rap sheet.

Edited by - CP on 17 Jan 2015 10:56:36
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 17 Jan 2015 :  10:44:30  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://i.imgur.com/hZhYWii.jpg

Swings of 10% and more to the ALP in Queensland.

Unfortunately the rap sheet of all NSW MPs is very long. Ten Liberal MPs were taken down by ICAC.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 19 Jan 2015 :  21:14:44  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just goes to show how poor the QLD LNP are when one of their own starts bagging them.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/queensland-state-election-2015/queensland-election-alan-jones-accuses-campbell-newman-of-lying-20150119-12t6tm.html

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 20 Jan 2015 :  08:39:15  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I had to have a laugh at the LNPs election slogan when I saw it on the news the other day. It read "Time For a Change". What will be changing? Campbell's approach or a change of government?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 20 Jan 2015 :  11:56:39  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
or Campbell himself - LOL

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 20 Jan 2015 :  12:18:43  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is no secret Alan Jones doesn't like Newman.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 Jan 2015 :  13:13:06  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

It is no secret Alan Jones doesn't like Newman.

Neither does Col!

...or me!
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 20 Jan 2015 :  21:13:49  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now now, Newman is almost certainly more popular than "we need to make you pay because you might live to 150" Hockey.

Get the feeling they'll be in the same Centerlink queue soon.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 21 Jan 2015 :  08:07:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Now now, Newman is almost certainly more popular than "we need to make you pay because you might live to 150" Hockey.

Get the feeling they'll be in the same Centerlink queue soon.

Doubt it - less than a fortnight for Newman.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.5 seconds.