V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  07:40:43  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes vote for these independents who end up having no power or influence to do anything for their electorates. Or what is worse act in a complete opposite way to how the public voted for them like in the cases of Windsor and Oakshott.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  11:43:49  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Yes vote for these independents who end up having no power or influence to do anything for their electorates. Or what is worse act in a complete opposite way to how the public voted for them like in the cases of Windsor and Oakshott.

Wow!
How selective is that statement?
Surely you don't need me to start listing all the things that both the ALP and the LNP have done which were totally opposite to what they have said pre election.
Open your eyes and your brain and start seeing the major political parties for what they really are.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  12:33:43  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Obviously I don't follow Queensland politics that much, but what I will say is if the LNP lose in Qld then Abbott will be rolled for PM

I don't know if they'll lose Trev. Newman will lose and the LNP will bleed a lot of seats. The ALP's bringing nothing to the party as far as policies go and they're the ones that started the sell offs so most see through that line of theirs.

At this stage I will be doing something I've never done before and leaving both the ALP and LNP squares blank. Neither deserves to govern our state. Perhaps a group of independents might make a significant difference to the way the state is run.

Thanks for wasting your vote.

You're a complete idiot if you think you can waste any vote in preferential voting. Maybe he gets an independent member and senator in?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  12:52:22  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:

quote:

quote:

Obviously I don't follow Queensland politics that much, but what I will say is if the LNP lose in Qld then Abbott will be rolled for PM

I don't know if they'll lose Trev. Newman will lose and the LNP will bleed a lot of seats. The ALP's bringing nothing to the party as far as policies go and they're the ones that started the sell offs so most see through that line of theirs.

At this stage I will be doing something I've never done before and leaving both the ALP and LNP squares blank. Neither deserves to govern our state. Perhaps a group of independents might make a significant difference to the way the state is run.

You're a complete idiot if you think you can waste any vote in preferential voting. Maybe he gets an independent member and senator in?

Queensland has optional preferential voting. And no, Queensland does not have senators as it has a unicameral system of government.

quote:

quote:

Wow!
How selective is that statement?
Surely you don't need me to start listing all the things that both the ALP and the LNP have done which were totally opposite to what they have said pre election.
Open your eyes and your brain and start seeing the major political parties for what they really are.

Another disillusioned voter that we can tick off the list!

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 25 Jan 2015 12:55:01
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  14:37:51  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why wouldn't voters of all kinds be disillusioned?
The ALP ****ed Qld through Beattie and Bligh so you can't trust them.
Newman had the chance to fix their **** ups but he's gone about it all wrong and created his own **** ups so you can't trust them!
He's hell bent on "leasing" (cough, cough) the electricity network to pay for his promises.
Now, what was one of the reasons the ALP got booted out?
Oh yeah, they started selling assets.
Thinking people won't put up with that crap.
I'm not a blind sheep who follows "the party."
I call the right things and the wrong things as I see it.

Also by your response I see you're not game to acknowledge the fact that major parties have done the exact opposite of what they promised to do.
Like I said before, wake up to them...

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  14:41:08  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The only way votes can be wasted is by the MP you voted for wasting that vote.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  16:04:45  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Why wouldn't voters of all kinds be disillusioned?
The ALP ****ed Qld through Beattie and Bligh so you can't trust them.
Newman had the chance to fix their **** ups but he's gone about it all wrong and created his own **** ups so you can't trust them!
He's hell bent on "leasing" (cough, cough) the electricity network to pay for his promises.
Now, what was one of the reasons the ALP got booted out?
Oh yeah, they started selling assets.
Thinking people won't put up with that crap.
I'm not a blind sheep who follows "the party."
I call the right things and the wrong things as I see it.

What would you rather him do? Sell assets, cut more off the public service, raise taxes - he has to do something because the debt is costing us $5 billion a year.

quote:

Also by your response I see you're not game to acknowledge the fact that major parties have done the exact opposite of what they promised to do.
Like I said before, wake up to them...

I don't think you're that naive to think that nothing should have been done when finally the LNP got into power to sort the mess that Labor had left the state in.

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

The only way votes can be wasted is by the MP you voted for wasting that vote.

But they are still part of the broader party voting along those lines which will still result in benefits to their electorate.

Edited by - bundy5 on 25 Jan 2015 16:06:41
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  17:01:14  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey LG, his main aim on this forum is to create mischief, don't fall for it

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  17:44:27  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Hey LG, his main aim on this forum is to create mischief, don't fall for it

Stay on topic.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  17:50:44  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well Trev the response to my last post is just pure and utter crap. He's even trying to make excuses for saying one thing and doing the opposite...
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  17:57:02  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Well Trev the response to my last post is just pure and utter crap. He's even trying to make excuses for saying one thing and doing the opposite...

Welcome to 2009 everyone.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  20:02:50  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Might just have to earmark a few posts to regurgitate them next week...
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 26 Jan 2015 :  11:17:12  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Stay on topic.

**** off

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 26 Jan 2015 :  11:46:17  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ugh I forgot QLD did away with the Senate. There's a huge portion of your problems, the government of either party can break whatever it wants.

A hung parliament seems like the only solution for now.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Jan 2015 :  12:20:33  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why on earth did Tony knight Prince Philip?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.72 seconds.