V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  07:05:06  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
seem's to me that people want us out of debt and better health/education ect ect...but don't want to pay for it

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7212 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  07:11:16  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So for the locals here, was last night decided on state issues or was there a strong Abbott factor in the results? Because that is some turnaround.

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  08:06:53  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by REM

I bet somebody is passed out on the floor still! From 8 seats to forming Govt....unheard of....but when you are on the nose....you are on the nose!!!! The federal implication are massive.....Toxic is toast.....those backbenchers will be feral....watch it become a train wreck...

like we did under Julia rudd ?????

seriously some of you guys need help....either stupid or blind to see the side they are cheering for are just as bad as the side they are bagging

I refuse to believe you lot are as stupid as you act

Vastly different...Rudd/Gillard Govt had future focussed sustainable and fair policies, but Rudd's gigantic ego undermined and tore the administration down....all the time harangued by a feral Opposition leader....where as here we have Abbott tearing himself up, supported by his party and with minimal opposition.....and yet....14 points down!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  08:20:38  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

I bet somebody is passed out on the floor still! From 8 seats to forming Govt....unheard of....but when you are on the nose....you are on the nose!!!! The federal implication are massive.....Toxic is toast.....those backbenchers will be feral....watch it become a train wreck...

seriously some of you guys need help....either stupid or blind to see the side they are cheering for are just as bad as the side they are bagging

With you 100% on that T1!
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  08:22:07  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

So for the locals here, was last night decided on state issues or was there a strong Abbott factor in the results? Because that is some turnaround.

I don't believe it had anything to do with Abbott and the Feds this time Wrighty.

Newman lost this one all by himself.

On the subject of "all by himself" is it time to regurgitate Bundy's posts as I alluded to earlier.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 01 Feb 2015 08:25:55
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  08:30:34  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is certainly worth a quick read!

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/feb/01/tony-abbott-is-making-exactly-the-same-mistakes-campbell-newman-did?CMP=soc_567

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  09:00:35  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

I don't believe it had anything to do with Abbott and the Feds this time Wrighty.

Newman lost this one all by himself.

On the subject of "all by himself" is it time to regurgitate Bundy's posts as I alluded to earlier.

So Abbott leading the Federal party to a 14 percent deficit had no effect?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  09:40:42  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Throughout this thread while Labor was in federal power was they were a disaster and the only way out was a swing way over to the right.

Now the way out right has been found to be even worse and incompetent, it's turned into "both sides are as bad as each other".

Honestly, would that line be pedalled had the LNP held on or would it be like "sanity had prevailed"?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  11:14:37  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With the sharp public swing away from Neo-Liberal policies, chief among those, being the rejection of selling of public assets, I reckon both parties will have difficulty taking the public with them.....however, given the core Lib value of private ownership and free market control....considerably more so them... I await the spin from the CIS and the IPA....both shaping Abbott's policy-narrative- platform....along with Ms Credlin....given the bloody nose the public are repeatedly giving them.....

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  11:19:13  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have to ask one thing, are the QLD state lotteries still in governemnt hands or did they follow NSW's very stupid and dumb lead by selling off the goose that lays the golden egg?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  11:27:01  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Throughout this thread while Labor was in federal power was they were a disaster and the only way out was a swing way over to the right.

Now the way out right has been found to be even worse and incompetent, it's turned into "both sides are as bad as each other".

Honestly, would that line be pedalled had the LNP held on or would it be like "sanity had prevailed"?

The Labor gov't in Queensland ****ed the state. The succeeding LNP gov't had the chance to fix it but ****ed it up also, hence each is as bad as the other.

Some interesting stats on the ECQ website.

As at this moment the LNP has 41.13% of the primary vote to the ALP's 38.08%.

Contenders ahead on primary vote - ALP 34 and LNP 52.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 01 Feb 2015 14:24:17
Go to Top of Page

BOWYANG
Formula Ford Driver

454 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  15:25:23  Show Profile Send BOWYANG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting result in QLD , we the voters in AUS are showing we can easily exercise our right to change a Government that we don't like.
What pisses me off is the reported Comments / involvement of media Barons trying to influence Voters & Politicions especially one with his late father have believed they are the KING MAKERS in Australia since the early 1900s . If you choose to take out US citizenship for the almighty $ , then KEEP out of our Politics.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  15:28:08  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Been reading the DT again Bowyang?

Go to Top of Page

BOWYANG
Formula Ford Driver

454 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  15:45:34  Show Profile Send BOWYANG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No REM , Don't read many Papers , Local stuff & the Saturday Hearld Hun, Oh I mean Sun for a good laugh at how they, in my opinion are trying to direct our thinking instead of reporting news,I read a lot of Aus History like the works of ROLAND PERRY , & recently Bruce Guthrie a recent Editor at both Fairfax & News limited in AUS.
The History books ,again my opinion don't paint a good picture of the media involvement in Australian Politics.
PS Looking forward to the 12Hr.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  20:35:16  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The best thing that can happen for the federal Labor opposition is for Abbott to stay put.

It appears Tony's party wants him to resign so that there is no ugly leadership ballot.

Abbotts ego is too big for that, he is after-all, an excellent captain, he told us that last week! ha ha

As much as I would like Abbott to get the arse, the longer he hangs around, the more of his cronuies that will bite the dust!

There was a multitude of Federal issues that reared their ugly heads in Queensland prior to the election, they had an influence, and anybody who thinks they didn't is delusional!!

Victoria and Queensland already, probably NSW and definitely the Federal government will fall in their respective elections unless the LNP start being straight with voters and lose their arrogant demeaner!!

Its still unbelievable to think a 70+ seat majority can be deconstructed in such brutal fashion, its unheard of and as funny as all ****!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.5 seconds.