V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 03 Feb 2015 :  21:10:17  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
*Full support?.............Tick
*Denial of leadership challenge?.........Tick
*Talk of leadership issues at next meeting?.........Tick

Haven't we seen this before?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 04 Feb 2015 :  04:05:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep, it is all happening, the lefties within the right are revolting

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 04 Feb 2015 :  05:32:06  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

*Full support?.............Tick
*Denial of leadership challenge?.........Tick
*Talk of leadership issues at next meeting?.........Tick

Haven't we seen this before?

2013 Tick
2010 Tick
1991 Tick
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 04 Feb 2015 :  06:22:14  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Do you want add Victoria and NT to the list Zac

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 04 Feb 2015 :  06:43:35  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Victoria? Cain and Kirner, Bracks and Brumby...
NT? Can anyone here list more than one Chief Minister of the NT? How about the ACT?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 04 Feb 2015 :  07:37:52  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Victoria - Napthine overthrew Baillieu in 2013 for the Liberal Premiership

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 04 Feb 2015 :  08:54:22  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, that WAS exciting. BTW, you'll find yourself probably agreeing with another Liberal Victorian ex-Premier today. Jeff Kennett has called Abbott's leadership as "terminal", and has called for a spill of all positions in the party.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 04 Feb 2015 :  09:20:28  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I always liked Kennett except for his sell off of all our assets, but his long time vision for the State was good, but he fell into the same trap as many of them, he targeted major cuts to education and so he got the cut, he still blames the education vote for getting him removed

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 05 Feb 2015 :  14:06:56  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.theguardian.com/business/grogonomics/2015/feb/05/joe-hockeys-interest-rate-statement-gives-lie-to-coalitions-carbon-tax-claims

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5113 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 06 Feb 2015 :  08:46:01  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I started to listen, but didn't last. Certainly sounded like dead man walking from what I heard. When I listen to Tony Abbott speaking, whether it is a set speech, a media interview, or anything else, he sounds like he is thinking very slowly as he talks. In an interview, it's "Well... Leigh/Chris/Alan/Ray... that's a very good question... aaahh...". Irrespective of your politics, compare that to the response you get from Malcolm Turnbull, Scott Morrison, Julie Bishop, etc. Always on top of their topic, quick with the facts and answers, rarely stumbling or umming and aahing. We shouldn't get rid of a PM because of the laborious way he speaks, but add that to his other failings, and it's hard to see him lasting until the next election. OTOH, although Turnbull has broad appeal across swinging voters, he doesn't have that within his own party, and he would be the obvious choice (despite his poor polling numbers when he was leader previously). He's also doing the usual "The PM has my full support" bit which puts him in a bit of a corner. Maybe someone else will start the ball rolling - possibly even Mal Brough , and that will bring it on, and we'll have the usual scenario we've seen in recent years of the government putting its energy into leadership issues instead of actually running the place.

Don't know if you saw Q & A on the ABC this week but Scott Morrison was on. Very direct answers to some stupid questions. very short and sweet while remaining quiet calm. Funny to watch.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 06 Feb 2015 :  11:36:01  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I rarely watch Q&A. It either irritates me, or sends me to sleep. If I hear that there was something relevant or of interest on it, I watch on line the next day. I didn't see this weeks show.

EDIT to add: Spill motion for all positions has been called for next Tuesday's Liberal Party meeting.

Edited by - Zac on 06 Feb 2015 12:07:14
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Feb 2015 :  12:21:32  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I rarely watch Q&A. It either irritates me, or sends me to sleep. If I hear that there was something relevant or of interest on it, I watch on line the next day. I didn't see this weeks show.

EDIT to add: Spill motion for all positions has been called for next Tuesday's Liberal Party meeting.

So Pyne was right about see you next Tuesday then...
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 06 Feb 2015 :  12:33:04  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bishop will not run, she will be **** scared that if she loses she is done and dusted and the job she has is feeding her enormous ego and she doesn't want to lose it, my pick is the either Mal Turnbull or Mal Brough will run

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 06 Feb 2015 :  13:14:24  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My prediction is that when the dust settles, Abbott and Hockey will be gone, Turnbull will be PM, Julie Bishop will be deputy leader, Scott Morrison will be Treasurer, and the exciting and excitable Warren Truss will still be there of course as Deputy PM.

Edited by - Zac on 06 Feb 2015 13:15:21
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 06 Feb 2015 :  13:19:11  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Bishop will not run, she will be **** scared that if she loses she is done and dusted and the job she has is feeding her enormous ego and she doesn't want to lose it, my pick is the either Mal Turnbull or Mal Brough will run

bishop has an enormous ego ?????????.....really ????.....compared to rudd ?..shorten ?....

fair dinkium

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 25.39 seconds.