V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  06:16:15  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I watched a bit of The Project when it was replayed last night and they had a segment on Tony still blaming Labor for the supposed "holocaust" of Defence Jobs cuts.

How does Tony fix this supposed holocaust of jobs? You probably give an overseas manufacturer the contract on building our new submarines.

Good thinking Tony.

There is a reason why politicians never think of the real world. They wouldn't survive ten minutes in it.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  06:32:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

What disasters?

Abbotts gaffs
Prince Phillip
No budget success
His speech at G20

and the list goes on

A former boss had a term for people like Abbott, he would call them "Academic Imbeciles", these people have heaps of education but are as dumb as dog-****, they lack all common sense and Abbott fits the bill perfectly, so I now refer to him as the "Academic Imbecile"

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 13 Feb 2015 06:34:55
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  06:38:31  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Even the most staunch Liberal supporter would have to admit that this Government has not performed well. I believe in a lot of what this Government is aiming to do, but it has been not only incapable of doing it, it has been unable to tell us the hows and whys. Australia certainly needs to reduce its spending. Things haven't been helped by the downturn in sales of commodities, and the consequent downturn in commodity prices. That has happened regardless of what government we have. OTOH, if you look at the alternative to the current government, there is no real hope in the other side. It has blocked almost everything the Coalition has put up (including things it supported when in government), and it has offered no real alternative to reduce debt. It just seems to think if it was in power, it would continue on its merry way, spending and spending.

I still think my prediction re the downfall of Abbott and Hockey will be correct, but the timeline is drifting out at the moment. Not that replacing them with Turnbull and Morrison or others would be an instant solution, but they couldn't do much worse.

So here we are again. Our Government is stuffing things up, but changing just for the sake of just getting rid of what we don't like won't be much real help either.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  10:21:59  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by falcon_cobra

does anyone know what the full impact of the Agedcare reform on the 1st of July will be?

Here you go FC.

https://www.dss.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/05_2014/information_sheet_-_key_changes_from_1_july_2015_attachment_b.pdf
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  10:23:39  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
At least if we'd kept the carbon tax there'd be more revenue and more incentives to invest in non commodity based industries.

And it's probably best to ignore Bundy now given he's returned to his old trolling style of denying the blatantly obvious.

Shorten is just playing to win. I think he'll bring some good policy the moment Tony or the Libs replacement is dead and buried. After all, unemployment and debt were both lower under the ALP.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  11:43:55  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

What disasters?

Abbotts gaffs
Prince Phillip
No budget success
His speech at G20

and the list goes on

A former boss had a term for people like Abbott, he would call them "Academic Imbeciles", these people have heaps of education but are as dumb as dog-****, they lack all common sense and Abbott fits the bill perfectly, so I now refer to him as the "Academic Imbecile"

I don't see any disasters there in terms of government incompetence. At least not compared to the Rudd/Gillard years.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  12:15:07  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's some nice sarcasm there.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  13:17:09  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh poor Craig...

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/02/13/11/38/craig-thomson-strugging-to-pay-fine-court
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  15:51:23  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

What disasters?

If I was supporting this government, I'd play dumb too.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  16:28:23  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

What disasters?

Abbotts gaffs
Prince Phillip
No budget success
His speech at G20

and the list goes on

I don't see any disasters there in terms of government incompetence. At least not compared to the Rudd/Gillard years.

Mmm......I'd be inclined to look at how the former Govt was viewed facing the biggest crisis since the depression (GFC) versus....this Govt's killing the economy....6.4% unemployment(highest since Howard was last in office), crashing consumer confidence, business uncertainity....lack of sensible reforms...killing manufacturing, UNHR humanitarian concerns, growing chaos and instability, lack of future focussed industries and denial of science....flipping and flopping on policy left, right and centre.....and being captive to elite interest groups...be it IPA, CIS, Murdoch, Rinehart etc, etc....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  16:37:09  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The country is broke and it's going to get worse.
It's about time folk from all political persuasions realised and admitted that, then set about trying to limit the borrowing and pay back the debt.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  16:51:40  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

It's about time folk from all political persuasions realised and admitted that, then set about trying to limit the borrowing and pay back the debt.

If this is done fairly.....people will support budget and fiscal reform....for example....never mind a medicare surcharge and the research fund tax....what about negative gearing? Even more so... whatabout the big end of town.....???

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  17:15:06  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

quote:

What disasters?

Abbotts gaffs
Prince Phillip
No budget success
His speech at G20

and the list goes on

Mmm......I'd be inclined to look at how the former Govt was viewed facing the biggest crisis since the depression (GFC) versus....this Govt's killing the economy....6.4% unemployment(highest since Howard was last in office), crashing consumer confidence, business uncertainity....lack of sensible reforms...killing manufacturing, UNHR humanitarian concerns, growing chaos and instability, lack of future focussed industries and denial of science....flipping and flopping on policy left, right and centre.....and being captive to elite interest groups...be it IPA, CIS, Murdoch, Rinehart etc, etc....

Not looking at the UN humanitarian contentions, I think you will find all that has its foundation from Labor...increasing unemployment, declining business and consumer confidence, falls in manufacturing etc. Happy to be proved wrong.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  17:35:57  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

If this is done fairly.....people will support budget and fiscal reform....for example....never mind a medicare surcharge and the research fund tax....what about negative gearing? Even more so... whatabout the big end of town.....???

How about broadening/increasing the GST?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  22:16:10  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

How about broadening/increasing the GST?

That doesn't fix the inherent problems in our economy - workplace reform, competition reform, small business changes etc - they are the real drivers.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.55 seconds.