V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  04:58:42  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

The country is broke and it's going to get worse.
It's about time folk from all political persuasions realised and admitted that, then set about trying to limit the borrowing and pay back the debt.

No offence LG, but I always laugh when I read this from 'righties', what they are really saying is "I backed the wrong side and I wish someone would fix the **** up"

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  07:37:54  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

It's about time folk from all political persuasions realised and admitted that, then set about trying to limit the borrowing and pay back the debt.

No offence LG, but I always laugh when I read this from 'righties', what they are really saying is "I backed the wrong side and I wish someone would fix the **** up"

So you think it's ok to just keep borrowing and to hell with the consequences...

Doesn't sound like you Trev.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  09:48:04  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

So you think it's ok to just keep borrowing and to hell with the consequences...

Borrowing is not the answer LG, but when you slash the **** out of all the capital projects and cut staff from government services, what ends up happening is what we have now. High unemployment, zero economic growth, more expensive essential services, non-existant investment and a general down grading of indfrastructure.

Too much too soon!!

Abbotts idealogy, not sound economic judgement, has made the economy and our future much much worse than it needed to be.

Bad government is bad government no matter what side is in power.

Abbotts government may have had the right intentions going in, but they have ****ed it up, and they have no excuses and cannot keep blaming the former government who had a much better handle on where Australia sits in the big picture.

Abbotts lot are all lost at sea, and the rubbish happening inside his party is the result of a government who hasnt just lost their way, they never had a sound path to follow!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  10:48:48  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know borrowing isn't the answer M
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  14:18:58  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
but what would have happened if they didn't?

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  15:05:57  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Not the point Trev was making.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  15:47:47  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If Mr Swan had not borrowed, our economy would have ground to a halt, bit like where it is right now actually!!

Abbott is trying to push the wrong policies at the wrong time. As I said, ideaology is not sound economic policy, Abbott needs to drop the master/servant ideaology of the LNP and go back to the basics of good fiscal management, I do not think he can.

His party doent think he can either, and if they are to be believed, Credlin is the 'not elected' PM anyway!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  15:52:25  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now that you mention it - we've certainly had some crap treasurers recently.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  17:06:50  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

If Mr Swan had not borrowed, our economy would have ground to a halt, bit like where it is right now actually!!

Abbott is trying to push the wrong policies at the wrong time. As I said, ideaology is not sound economic policy, Abbott needs to drop the master/servant ideaology of the LNP and go back to the basics of good fiscal management, I do not think he can.

His party doent think he can either, and if they are to be believed, Credlin is the 'not elected' PM anyway!

An economy going from mid 4% unemployment to mid 5% will still make it seem like it is going along nicely.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  17:29:11  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

quote:

quote:

So you don't think we could be in trouble either...
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  18:22:33  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Still missing the point.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  18:37:10  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Still missing the point.

Ah - the good old she'll be right Labor attitude I see

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  20:08:41  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Still missing the point.

I haven't missed any point Albert.
Just didn't really see the point in saying that I always laugh at lefties who think they know what righties are really saying - no offence Trev!
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  21:15:06  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

An economy going from mid 4% unemployment to mid 5% will still make it seem like it is going along nicely.

Not even the tip of the iceberg of failure by the Abbott government Bundy.

Watched Malcolm on Q&A tonight, he certainly talked like somebody at a job interview! ha ha

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 17 Feb 2015 :  03:48:05  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't think Abbott's (Liberals) internal issues are going to go away, sacking Ruddock (another Captains call) is another nail in Abbotts coffin, Ruddock is a very popular 'old school' politician

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.69 seconds.