V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 590

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8822 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 25 Feb 2015 :  18:03:24  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
they need to toughen up the Dole payments, the lazy bastards say its to far to travel to get work, when its only one side to the other of the city, we have to import workers from over 3000km away in Tonga, or 9500km away in Nepal

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16060 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 25 Feb 2015 :  19:35:37  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I dont care who does it, but welfare needs a re-think!

It ****s me that some unemployed families have more disposable income than a working family has!

Its upside down Miss Jane!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  03:04:20  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is happening again, Abbott has to start fighting for hi job again, the poor bastard just doesn't get it

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5118 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 27 Feb 2015 :  08:00:02  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting to see which of the 61 who gave their undying support in the last spill will turn this time.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  03:48:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
why aren't all the pro-Liberal Party people in here defending what a great job the Libs (with Nationals) are doing?

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  09:03:20  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What's wrong with what they are doing?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  13:34:45  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
hahahahaha, nah, they are doing everything right, that is why within a fortnight there will be another 'non-confidence' motion in Tony, the punters are saying he won't survive this one

Oh and lets not forget the back down on the Medicare co-payment and the absolutely disgraceful way they took to Gillian Triggs, what an absolute disgrace, talk about shooting the messenger not the message. What a back-down from Abbott et el on the matter, they are so attuned to being in opposition they have no idea how to behave as a Government, get him out, get them out, he is far more toxic than even Rudd was, at least Rudd was popular with the voters

Edited by - Trev on 01 Mar 2015 13:36:51
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11209 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  18:29:33  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There is a possibility of yet another leadership spill.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/26461837/ditch-abbott-for-boost-top-libs/
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  21:32:52  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

hahahahaha, nah, they are doing everything right, that is why within a fortnight there will be another 'non-confidence' motion in Tony, the punters are saying he won't survive this one

Oh and lets not forget the back down on the Medicare co-payment and the absolutely disgraceful way they took to Gillian Triggs, what an absolute disgrace, talk about shooting the messenger not the message. What a back-down from Abbott et el on the matter, they are so attuned to being in opposition they have no idea how to behave as a Government, get him out, get them out, he is far more toxic than even Rudd was, at least Rudd was popular with the voters

No. Putting aside what you think of Abbott (because we all know he is your favourite politician), for a PM not once but twice be fouled from what I call as mainly symbolic actions (Prince Phillip; Triggs) by what is largely driven from the leftist (and some parts of the conservative) media is a ****ing disgrace and a huge embarrassment to Australia's quite rich historical, political landscape that has been on a pretty dramatic slide in the last 5 years.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 01 Mar 2015 21:34:20
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11209 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  21:40:42  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In simple terms, can someone explain what the **** left and right means in terms of politics.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 02 Mar 2015 :  04:18:40  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

No. Putting aside what you think of Abbott (because we all know he is your favourite politician), for a PM not once but twice be fouled from what I call as mainly symbolic actions (Prince Phillip; Triggs) by what is largely driven from the leftist (and some parts of the conservative) media is a ****ing disgrace and a huge embarrassment to Australia's quite rich historical, political landscape that has been on a pretty dramatic slide in the last 5 years.

my god, how the tables have turned, when Labor were whinging about Murdoch controlling the press you were the first to bounce in and defend 'free press', now that Tony's own (Bolt and Jones) have turned on him you want to criticise the press - FFS, I am convinced you are only on this forum to give a contrary view to everyone else and offer up nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by CP

In simple terms, can someone explain what the **** left and right means in terms of politics.

Left side of the House and right side of the House (of Parliament)
--------------------------------------------------------

Edited by - Trev on 02 Mar 2015 04:20:12
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9922 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 02 Mar 2015 :  05:37:08  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
...depending on which way you're facing. When the Speaker refers to "Members on my left", she is is referring to the Labor Party, because they are on her left, but if you walked in the door, facing the Speaker, they would be on your right.

OTOH, CP, google "left-right wing politics" and work it out for yourself. It'll explain "centrist" and "moderate" as well.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 02 Mar 2015 :  05:41:55  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

my god, how the tables have turned, when Labor were whinging about Murdoch controlling the press you were the first to bounce in and defend 'free press', now that Tony's own (Bolt and Jones) have turned on him you want to criticise the press - FFS, I am convinced you are only on this forum to give a contrary view to everyone else and offer up nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Left side of the House and right side of the House (of Parliament)
--------------------------------------------------------

That is another disgraceful act from Labor. Where the **** is the criticism of the Australian and Murdoch now that they have the lead? I suppose only when it suits their agenda

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 02 Mar 2015 :  09:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I am convinced you are only on this forum to give a contrary view to everyone else and offer up nothing.
I rest my case

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16060 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 02 Mar 2015 :  12:54:11  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Six percent increase in health fund contributions! 3 times the inflation rate!

Good government at work, not!

And to top it off, all of us who are already paying through the nose for Health insurance(against being black-mailed into paying increased income tax) are about to have our 30% rebate slashed!

Good Government??? still waiting for it to start!!

I wonder if the latest poles where taken before or after the increases in health funds where announced?

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 590 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.2 seconds.