V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 02 Apr 2015 :  14:42:57  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can see already that it will have huge success placing the 6% unemployed into jobs that don't exist because this ****en Government doesn't understand that one of their roles is to create an environment that will create jobs, that context is a bit lost on this bunch of ****-wits

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 02 Apr 2015 :  19:54:20  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I can see already that it will have huge success placing the 6% unemployed into jobs that don't exist because this ****en Government doesn't understand that one of their roles is to create an environment that will create jobs, that context is a bit lost on this bunch of ****-wits

Yeah create public service jobs by spending more and putting us more into deficit

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 03 Apr 2015 :  06:57:41  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Where are these jobs going to magically come from?

The only way I can see it working is if they axe penalty rates and drastically cut the minimum wage so they can fit everybody in.

If Tony wants to move everyone into apprenticeships and get trades, I can't see that working either. Some trades require a pre apprenticeship course. There is a numbers issue too. So not enough numbers for the pre apprenticeship, no course and in some cases, no apprenticeship due to not having done the course. While that is all well and good, the problem is that under new rules, the unemployed only get one "free" TAFE course, so if they have used that up, they have to pay full cost for the pre apprenticeship course, especially since they intend on making TAFE more competitive with the likes of Acquire Careers and other RTOs of that ilk.

So, where the **** are these jobs going to magically appear from?

Edited by - CP on 03 Apr 2015 08:19:15
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 03 Apr 2015 :  08:25:11  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The reality is, with new efficiencies and technologies, and ever increasing disparity in working hours-workplace flexibility.....many people have no hope of ever again finding meaningful full-time employment.......services, science and technology is the only viable future.....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 03 Apr 2015 :  08:52:57  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

The reality is, with new efficiencies and technologies, and ever increasing disparity in working hours-workplace flexibility.....many people have no hope of ever again finding meaningful full-time employment.......services , science and technology is the only viable future.....

Focusing on providing services isn't a viable future.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 03 Apr 2015 :  10:29:20  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by REM

The reality is, with new efficiencies and technologies, and ever increasing disparity in working hours-workplace flexibility.....many people have no hope of ever again finding meaningful full-time employment.......services , science and technology is the only viable future.....

and the feds are slashing sciences and tech funding....so you get the picture?

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 03 Apr 2015 :  15:55:51  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Lucky there is a private sector, huh?

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 04 Apr 2015 :  02:18:49  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-01/missing-no-land-tax-candidate-may-be-alive-and-well/6363816

The No Land Tax party has proven to be an entertaining bunch of frauds and, apparently, dead people!

And 2% of the state threw their votes away on them.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

So it's better to delegate science and innovation to them instead of the largest patent holder in the country, the CSIRO? Ok...

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/awesome-things-you-never-knew-were-invented-by-the-csiro/story-fn84fgcm-1226914423507

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 04 Apr 2015 02:24:10
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 04 Apr 2015 :  15:15:48  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

The Govt ripping all the funding out of the sector is sure to spur them on!!?

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 05 Apr 2015 :  05:57:27  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
it is not new that when an economy is slow it is the Government of the day's job to spur the economy on, one way is to put steps in place to create work, what has this Government done to spur the economy on? They have talked it down and cut the **** out of it - ****en idiots

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 06 Apr 2015 :  09:58:59  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-06/newpoll-shows-coalition-support-dips-west-australian-stronghold/6372240

55 - 45, the Coalition ship stays capsized and is going down in WA!

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Apr 2015 :  10:37:50  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not worried - people will soon wake up to themselves and realise that the alternative is much worse and Bill's got no policies.

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 06 Apr 2015 :  21:54:12  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Not worried - people will soon wake up to themselves and realise that the alternative is much worse and Bill's got no policies.

Well i'd call that equal with the clown that is in the lodge today.
Only thing is Bill spares us the repetitive 3 word BS slogans.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  14:40:20  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He makes up for not having those slogans - with his Zingers...

http://junkee.com/shaun-micallefs-mad-as-hell-has-been-lovingly-collecting-all-of-bill-shortens-weak-ass-zingers/44231
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  15:39:23  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Inventor of Australian Internet is looking at changing the anti siphoning rules.

Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull is canvassing support for a reduction in the controversial anti-siphoning list in a move that could remove some sports fixtures but leave the major events untouched.

It is understood Mr Turnbull has contacted MPs to test the ­waters about a partial rollback of antiquated media laws that quarantine the nation’s most significant sports for free-to-air TV. “It’s been put to us to see if it’s something they could move on,” one MP told The Australian.

A spokesman for Mr Turnbull declined to comment.

The Australian understands Mr Turnbull has expressed a view to industry players and colleagues that some changes could be made to a list of more than 1000 sporting events and individual matches.

The sounding-out of MPs is said to have taken place in the last week amid lobbying from the major codes, which are keen for the number of sporting events that have to be shown on free-to-air TV to be reduced sharply.

Mr Turnbull has recommended cabinet introduce laws to abolish the “out of date” population-reach rule and the “two out of three” rule, in what would be the biggest shake-up of media laws for three decades.

Initially, the proposed reforms left the anti-siphoning regime untouched, opening up Mr Turnbull to the accusation he had failed to secure the “high-level consensus” he vowed to attain before introducing reforms. The recommendations have been sent to Tony Abbott’s office, which is said to be mulling its ­options.

A spokesman for the Prime Minister declined to comment about the possibility of anti-­siphoning joining the other ­mooted changes to media laws.

Any policy changes would need backing from Labor communications spokesman Jason Clare, who has only ever spoken in favour of the population reach rule being removed.

The potential reform would result in showpiece events such as the AFL and NRL finals, and the Melbourne Cup, remaining on free-to-air TV. But some of the long list of local and overseas events reserved for free-to-air TV, including those hoarded by the networks, would be removed, ­enabling the subscription-TV ­industry to bid for rights.

While the subscription TV industry has advocated for the list to be shortened to allow for a free market for sports rights, it has been irritated by incorrect claims it is calling for the anti-siphoning list to be completely dismantled.

“I’m unhappy with the way this has been portrayed; it’s not what we’re after,” News Corp Australia chief executive Julian Clarke told The Australian.

“But it is the world’s longest list; it’s ridiculous and like the other media laws, it needs to be brought into the 21st century.”

Major sports, including AFL, NRL, soccer, netball, rugby union, tennis and cricket, are seeking the ability to sell their broadcast rights to a wider range of buyers.

As not-for-profit bodies, the rights are their main source of funding. They argue that any lost value is a loss to ultimate stakeholders — the players, clubs, the grassroots level of the game, and local communities.

“We have been engaged in ongoing discussions with the federal government for a number of years in relation to anti-siphoning,” a spokesman for the AFL said.

The codes recognise the internet has introduced avenues of competition that render rules introduced pre-internet irrelevant. They say it no longer makes sense to be forced to broadcast their sports on free-to-air television at a time when other sports around the world are maximising the price they get for digital rights.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/turnbull-tests-waters-about-changes-to-anti-siphoning-list/story-fna045gd-1227292375811
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.47 seconds.